Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ryan Otton, 2022 4* TE, Olympia (Tumwater HS), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Can we change this back to a Ryan Otton thread?

Seriously. I had to look to see which bored I was on and which thread I was reading.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Taylor is easily 6th best out of the 6. You could argue any order for the other 5. Gotta go with 2016.

Not sure why Taylor gets so little respect. That dude is good. He'll play in the league, for sure.

Look at it this way: Kyler Gordon is a freak, who is coming on like gangbusters. But he has been unable to unseat Taylor.
    Gordon seems to get beat pretty regularly when he lines up outside. Taylor rarely does, but everyone seems to dwell on it when it happens.
    Gordon did last year. I’ve posted before that even our great DB’s like Sidney Jones, Budda, and Molden all struggled at times early in their career. Gordon had a shitty game against Cal in his 2nd start and we remember it. It’s not entirely fair to him.

I like Gordon better at nickel because he’s a hitter, but with Molden locked in, he’s going to have to wait.

The deep ball Taylor gave up against Utah was a great catch. That was good coverage and the offense made a great play.
    Gordon seems born to play the slot. I dont know if he'll be as good as Molden all around, but he'll be a fucking beast and make some big plays.
    Gordon's forced fumble against the Utes was one of the most technically sound sticks I've seen in some time, in a crucial moment too. And it also made the poor boy cry all the way to the sidelines. I'm sold.

https://youtu.be/dn2UHUa7dcQ?t=6556

P.S. ZTF should have housed that shit
    I’ve watched the 2nd half highlights probably 10-15 times the past few days. So many big plays and the team was so fired up and didn’t quit. We shouldn’t put ourselves in that position to begin with, but we showed a lot of heart and dug deep to win that game.
    Sounds like we did everything we could to win the game
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like he picked up a 6 inch dong pointing at UW from another Cascadia Preps guy
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Up to 187 overall (#5 TE) in the latest 247 rankings
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Worth noting that Cade was 590 overall and #27 for TE. Amazing how much more recruitment Ryan is getting because of Cade.
    Along with the fact that the guys who rated Cade there (Haffman, Biggins, etc.) are all saying Cade was a much better prospect than Ryan is
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Worth noting that Cade was 590 overall and #27 for TE. Amazing how much more recruitment Ryan is getting because of Cade.
    Along with the fact that the guys who rated Cade there (Haffman, Biggins, etc.) are all saying Cade was a much better prospect than Ryan is
    Those morons had him at OLB
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

You had me at morons
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

I think he would have been good at OLB too. He’s a football player. He was never going to bust and was always going to be at minimum a solid contributor.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    chuck said:

dnc said:

It shows how stupid these rankings can be at times. Since big bro will be drafted in the top two rounds, we will rank little bro high even tho the same recruiting analysts that rank him comment on him not being as good as Cade at the same point of their high school careers.
    We ranked him way higher than we did his brother.

His brother was a better prospect who should have been higher while Ryan should be much lower than he is.

Don't try to make sense of it. We're experts.

$10.95 will be debited to your account monthly for this service.
    What about Ryan's film is worse than Cade's? Genuinely curious. I remember Ryan looking like a bad ass motherfucker when I watched him. At least pass catching anyway. Granted that was many moons ago.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

dnc said:

It shows how stupid these rankings can be at times. Since big bro will be drafted in the top two rounds, we will rank little bro high even tho the same recruiting analysts that rank him comment on him not being as good as Cade at the same point of their high school careers.

His brother was a better prospect who should have been higher while Ryan should be much lower than he is.

What about Ryan's film is worse than Cade's? Genuinely curious. I remember Ryan looking like a bad ass motherfucker when I watched him. At least pass catching anyway. Granted that was many moons ago.
    You like to say "many moons." TWYLTS.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

I dont know why you give me that question. You want to pay me $10.95?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Commit already holy f