Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ryan Otton, 2022 4* TE, Olympia (Tumwater HS), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If a kid has size, talent and is also from a football family like the Otton’s, they are going to be good. Instincts and toughness are huge in football. Cade is a very physically capable player, but his football IQ and work ethic (he’s gotten way better each season) are why he’s a potential All American.

It’s not a show up and dominate game like basketball and even baseball often are. Very good athletes from other sports would try to play football when I was growing up and most would quickly get discouraged.

Leg pads for skill guys are tiny or non existent nowadays, but running in pads is something some guys do better than others and should be how 40 times and shuttles are tested.

Not only does the South have better athletes, they also live in a football culture and start playing the game at a young age.

A lot of this has very little to do with Otton, but he’s a sure bet (barring injury) to be a good, useful player and it doesn’t matter where he is ranked.

100% agreed. This has always driven me nuts
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Up to 187 overall (#5 TE) in the latest 247 rankings

Worth noting that Cade was 590 overall and #27 for TE. Amazing how much more recruitment Ryan is getting because of Cade.
    It shows how stupid these rankings can be at times. Since big bro will be drafted in the top two rounds, we will rank little bro high even tho the same recruiting analysts that rank him comment on him not being as good as Cade at the same point of their high school careers.
    We ranked him way higher than we did his brother.

His brother was a better prospect who should have been higher while Ryan should be much lower than he is.

Don't try to make sense of it. We're experts.

$10.95 will be debited to your account monthly for this service.
    What about Ryan's film is worse than Cade's? Genuinely curious. I remember Ryan looking like a bad ass motherfucker when I watched him. At least pass catching anyway. Granted that was many moons ago.
    I dont know why you give me that question. You want to pay me $10.95?
    Ha. That was an open question, not directed at you in particular.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RoadDawg55 I couldn't agree more about doing testing in pads. Football gear affects different people differently. I want to know how guys stack up on the field, winded, with soreness or even bloody wounds to deal with. That's football. What they do is PE testing and only half as informative as it could be.

I played four years and ran track those same years. I was the fastest sprinter in my school as a sophomore by close to a full second in the 100 and a couple in the 200. In full pads, however, there were a number of older kids who would always run me down and a couple of dudes my age who could at least run with me. I never understood it. It wasn't the weight of the gear, just more how it affected my form or something. Having the ball in my hand slowed me down more than the gear did.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

@RoadDawg55 I couldn't agree more about doing testing in pads. Football gear affects different people differently. I want to know how guys stack up on the field, winded, with soreness or even bloody wounds to deal with. Thats fucking football right there. None of that pansy ass dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the field, men deliver their new born baby on the side lines. Fucking hard core dick in the ass butterball foosball fuck it chuck it game time shit.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

@RoadDawg55 I couldn't agree more about doing testing in pads. Football gear affects different people differently. I want to know how guys stack up on the field, winded, with soreness or even bloody wounds to deal with. Thats fucking football right there. None of that pansy ass dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the field, men deliver their new born baby on the side lines. Fucking hard core dick in the ass butterball foosball fuck it chuck it game time shit.

Basically if you're not sticking it in someone's ass and flinging shit like a chimp you're not a real dawg. That's how I evaluate every player as they age out.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Basically if you're not sticking it in someone's ass and flinging shit like a chimp you're not a real dawg. That's how I evaluate every player as they age out.
    New board motto?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021
    Ryan Otton, come on down.

First official official in forever on June 25th. EDIT: Dec 11th of ‘20 was the last official. Hole-e shit.

Why hasn’t he been closed already?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ektard says Oregon State is a dark horse for Otton and that he might downgrade his 8 incher to UW.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ektard says Oregon State is a dark horse for Otton and that he might downgrade his 8 incher to UW.

I hear you can shoot a buck from your dorm window in Corvallis. This matters to otton.
  • Options
    No recruit is a layup with this staff. If Sam was a 2022 kid I wouldn't be surprised at all if he decided to go elsewhere. Is it too late to circle back on Austin Terry once Otton goes Beav?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

No recruit is a layup with this staff. If Sam was a 2022 kid I wouldn't be surprised at all if he decided to go elsewhere. Is it too late to circle back on Austin Terry once Otton goes Beav?

Hold up, if you don't trust Eklund when he's bullish, you can't trust him when he's bearish. He's either reliable or he isn't. I'll believe it when I see it.

That being said, if Otton goes Beav, torch it. All of it.
    When you're wrong 81% of the time, you're right 19% of the time
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hold up, if you don't trust Eklund when he's bullish, you can't trust him when he's bearish. He's either reliable or he isn't. I'll believe it when I see it.

Purple kool-aid, group zoom, Facebook live simultaneously
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That Oregon State is even discussed is retarded. Eklund has no credibility already, but mention Oregon State is a waste of time. The Otton’s suddenly don’t care about winning or academics?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    While Oregon State as a dark horse was mentioned, it's much more alarming that it sounds like Stanford is gaining a lot of momentum with Otton. Like... we might not get this kid
  • Options

While Oregon State as a dark horse was mentioned, it's much more alarming that it sounds like Stanford is gaining a lot of momentum with Otton. Like... we might not get this kid

Cue up the Stanford education excuse