Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ryan Otton, 2022 4* TE, Olympia (Tumwater HS), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

Taylor is easily 6th best out of the 6. You could argue any order for the other 5. Gotta go with 2016.

Not sure why Taylor gets so little respect. That dude is good. He'll play in the league, for sure.

Look at it this way: Kyler Gordon is a freak, who is coming on like gangbusters. But he has been unable to unseat Taylor.
    I like Taylor a lot. We're talking 5 amazing CB's ahead of him. Taylor is more on the Jordan Miller level IMO. NFL career but a step down from the top 2 round draft picks like Sid, Budda, King, Murphy and likely Molden and McDuffie.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

Taylor is easily 6th best out of the 6. You could argue any order for the other 5. Gotta go with 2016.

Not sure why Taylor gets so little respect. That dude is good. He'll play in the league, for sure.

Look at it this way: Kyler Gordon is a freak, who is coming on like gangbusters. But he has been unable to unseat Taylor.
    Gordon seems to get beat pretty regularly when he lines up outside. Taylor rarely does, but everyone seems to dwell on it when it happens.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Gordon seems to get beat pretty regularly when he lines up outside. Taylor rarely does, but everyone seems to dwell on it when it happens.
    Did Gordon get beat a lot this year?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Did Gordon get beat a lot this year?
    A few times that I've seen. He's better in the slot.
  • Options

So how about that Ryan Otton guy. I heard he was pretty good and seems to like UW. I even heard his brother goes there or something. Think we have a chance?

Come for the Hawt Otton talk and get some in depth 2016 v 2020 DB breakdown. Go Dwags!!!
    The recruiting board is BACK
    #whyistayed
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The thought of getting Rotten, brother of Cotton, to go along with Redman, Yary, and Moore makes me go six to midnight in a New York minute.

It's easy to forget about the young deoth behind Otton. It's awesome.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Gordon did last year. I’ve posted before that even our great DB’s like Sidney Jones, Budda, and Molden all struggled at times early in their career. Gordon had a shitty game against Cal in his 2nd start and we remember it. It’s not entirely fair to him.

I like Gordon better at nickel because he’s a hitter, but with Molden locked in, he’s going to have to wait.

The deep ball Taylor gave up against Utah was a great catch. That was good coverage and the offense made a great play.
    Gordon seems born to play the slot. I dont know if he'll be as good as Molden all around, but he'll be a fucking beast and make some big plays.
  • Options
    With all this talk of the secondary, it's almost as if we're in a thread for a 6'6" DB. I bet he hits harder than Asa.
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Gordon did last year. I’ve posted before that even our great DB’s like Sidney Jones, Budda, and Molden all struggled at times early in their career. Gordon had a shitty game against Cal in his 2nd start and we remember it. It’s not entirely fair to him.

I like Gordon better at nickel because he’s a hitter, but with Molden locked in, he’s going to have to wait.

The deep ball Taylor gave up against Utah was a great catch. That was good coverage and the offense made a great play.
    Gordon seems born to play the slot. I dont know if he'll be as good as Molden all around, but he'll be a fucking beast and make some big plays.
    Gordon's forced fumble against the Utes was one of the most technically sound sticks I've seen in some time, in a crucial moment too. And it also made the poor boy cry all the way to the sidelines. I'm sold.

https://youtu.be/dn2UHUa7dcQ?t=6556

P.S. ZTF should have housed that shit
    Technically gifted*
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

Gordon's forced fumble against the Utes was one of the most technically sound sticks I've seen in some time, in a crucial moment too. And it also made the poor boy cry all the way to the sidelines. I'm sold.

Technically gifted*

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

TTJ said:

dnc said:

He probably could have. Speed definitely wasn't the reason. He looked fast as hell. He looked pretty rusty with the ball in his hands though. Basically drifted himself out of bounds for no reason.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So how about that Ryan Otton guy. I heard he was pretty good and seems to like UW. I even heard his brother goes there or something. Think we have a chance?

Well, I tried Ryan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can we change this back to a Ryan Otton thread?

There's nothing stopping anyone from posting about him. Problem, I suppose, is that there's not much really going on to post about is there? When there is the thread will turn around and it really won't make a shit that it went on a few tangents.