Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Holy shit! This virus is bad!

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,409
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

If China goes full blown it'll cause huge problems here.

They make way to much of our stuff. Especially prescription drugs and binders etc to manufacture them. Combined with lean inventory and just in time supply practices it might be ugly.

Economy will take a hit.

Hope it's not too bad.

Securing the borders doesn't fit the narrative the left is pushing here
    This isn’t a left wing virus. Of course border security is part of this.
    You mean the border security you oppose?
    I don’t oppose border security madam. Never have.
    At this point after interacting with you for over 20 years I shouldn't be shocked, but it still amazes me with the ease you have in lying through your fucking teeth.

would you two just get a hotel room already?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    Swaye's Wigwam

"At this point in the season, CDC estimates indicate that there have been 13 million influenza illnesses, 120,000 hospitalizations, and 6600 flu-related deaths."

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/cdc-reports-13-million-flu-cases-thus-far-in-201920-season

But let's freak out over something else.

Haven't visited this shithole in a couple months but I see nothing has changed. Not surprised the boomers question the seriousness of a global epidemic.

Hey damoneFS, did Vernon Adams help you with your maff? The coronavius currently has a 3.4% fatality rate. If it infects 13M ppl like the flu has this season, that's almost 450k deaths or 67x more than the flu. but but but it's a hoax to hurt Trump's re-election!!!

I heard the most susceptible to serious effects from the virus are older men over the age of 50. good luck to you all.
    And of course you thought a potential tragedy was a fine time to return to blame Trump for something

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

"At this point in the season, CDC estimates indicate that there have been 13 million influenza illnesses, 120,000 hospitalizations, and 6600 flu-related deaths."

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/cdc-reports-13-million-flu-cases-thus-far-in-201920-season

Haven't visited this shithole in a couple months but I see nothing has changed. Not surprised the boomers question the seriousness of a global epidemic.

Hey damoneFS, did Vernon Adams help you with your maff? The coronavius currently has a 3.4% fatality rate. If it infects 13M ppl like the flu has this season, that's almost 450k deaths or 67x more than the flu. but but but it's a hoax to hurt Trump's re-election!!!

I heard the most susceptible to serious effects from the virus are older men over the age of 50. good luck to you all.
    Use your numbers, too. How many have died in the US due to the coronavirus?

As a side note, was just watching the Morning Show on CBS (not as good as The Morning Show on Apple TV with hotties Jennifer Aniston and Reece Witherspoon but I digress). Retired guy from the CDC says coronavirus could turn into an epidemic but the risk of death from coronavirus is extremely low.

Why is the MSM not telling us the risk of death is low?

And before I forget, use your numbers. How many have died in the US due to the coronavirus? Hint: It's a whole number.

There have been no deaths in China of any children under 10. It kills old people with already compromised immune systems and lung problems.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    SFGbob said:

As a side note, was just watching the Morning Show on CBS (not as good as The Morning Show on Apple TV with hotties Jennifer Aniston and Reece Witherspoon but I digress). Retired guy from the CDC says coronavirus could turn into an epidemic but the risk of death from coronavirus is extremely low.

And before I forget, use your numbers. How many have died in the US due to the coronavirus? Hint: It's a whole number.

There have been no deaths in China of any children under 10. It kills old people with already compromised immune systems and lung problems.
    Wait......old people die?!?!

GTFO of here with that bullshit. Blashphemer!!!!!!

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

We're all going to die!!!!!........

Someday.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,330
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

It only kills old people over 10.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

1) I'm not a boomer
    2) IF it affects 13 million people. It won't.
    3) The flu kills 650k a year and you don't seem to be too concerned. 67x is not correct. Call Vernon. Your numbers are horse shit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globalresearch.ca/flu-bigger-concern-wuhan-virus-grabs-headlines/5701932/amp

But feel free to panic
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My wife is in the high risk group. Bad lungs and she gets pneumonia every couple of years

I blame Trump
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My wife is in the high risk group. Bad lungs and she gets pneumonia every couple of years

I blame Trump

Sounds like you might get an upgrade.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    HHusky said:

I've noticed HH calls people women to attempt to disparage them. Very telling of this leftists thought process. Also lazy as fuck.

Projecting. We all know he's wearing lipstick and a bra right now.
    And?
    And posting below CD levels.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I blame Trump

Ouch
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I blame Trump

As long as I don't die first

The amount of filth at this website. My word
    You have no worries. PurpleThrobber and Sway will have you covered.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-02-12/coronavirus-in-america-keep-your-panic-in-check

That may sound like the current state of affairs with the new coronavirus. While it has killed 1,113 and infected over 44,653 in mainland China, only 13 people have fallen ill with it in the United States and there have been no deaths.

The Ebola virus killed 11,310 people across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone during its rampage, but it became a source of fear for Americans only after a Liberian traveler fell ill while visiting family in north Texas, Cohen Silver said.

In the end, only four people fell ill with Ebola in the United States. There was only one Ebola death on these shores, that of the first patient from Liberia, Thomas Eric Duncan.
    There you go destroying the MSM Hypernarrative with facts and reason. You're no fun sometimes.
  • Options
    I remember my minimizing pandemics phase.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Shouldn't you be reporting on your neighbors comrade?

I like how every time some tin horn piece of shit dictator wannabe like Newsom does something else stupid and all the idiots say- SEE WE SAID IT WAS SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

And yet...........
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Shouldn't you be reporting on your neighbors comrade?

I like how every time some tin horn piece of shit dictator wannabe like Newsom does something else stupid and all the idiots say- SEE WE SAID IT WAS SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

And yet...........
    At least he finally got the check cashing places closed.
  • Options
    Where did those fucking goalposts go?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    right over here

• Options

Difference is the standard flu gets a new vaccine every year so all of your numbers could essentially go to zero if everybody was vaccinated. There is nothing for this corona thing, yet. 1 in 50 chance you die, slightly worse than rolling snake eyes.

How many deaths have there been in the US due to corona virus?

There's been more deaths due to typhus (RIP, CD) than the corona virus in the US.

AAAARRGH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!!!

Deaths: