Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Holy shit! This virus is bad!

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
"At this point in the season, CDC estimates indicate that there have been 13 million influenza illnesses, 120,000 hospitalizations, and 6600 flu-related deaths."

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/cdc-reports-13-million-flu-cases-thus-far-in-201920-season

But let's freak out over something else.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076

"At this point in the season, CDC estimates indicate that there have been 13 million influenza illnesses, 120,000 hospitalizations, and 6600 flu-related deaths."

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/cdc-reports-13-million-flu-cases-thus-far-in-201920-season

But let's freak out over something else.

BUT THERE'S FIVE IN SPOKANE!!!!! Oh wait....1 already recovered

BUT THERE'S FOUR IN SPOKANE!!!!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-u-s-map-where-virus-has-been-confirmed-across-n1124546

• Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Difference is the standard flu gets a new vaccine every year so all of your numbers could essentially go to zero if everybody was vaccinated. There is nothing for this corona thing, yet. 1 in 50 chance you die, slightly worse than rolling snake eyes.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,330
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like to trivialize a new virus for which we have no known treatment or vaccine, unlike the flu, and which is both more contagious and many orders of magnitude more deadly than the flu, because we still see the flu every year. That’s what I like to do.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7 cases in California and three recovered.

Yet the OC has declared an emergency

Politics
  • Options

Politics

Another vote in favor of waiting for the horse to bolt before locking the barn door.
  • Options

Difference is the standard flu gets a new vaccine every year so all of your numbers could essentially go to zero if everybody was vaccinated. There is nothing for this corona thing, yet. 1 in 50 chance you die, slightly worse than rolling snake eyes.

How many deaths have there been in the US due to corona virus?

There's been more deaths due to typhus (RIP, CD) than the corona virus in the US.

AAAARRGH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!!!

• Options
    HHusky said:

I like to trivialize a new virus for which we have no known treatment or vaccine, unlike the flu, and which is both more contagious and many orders of magnitude more deadly than the flu, because we still see the flu every year. That’s what I like to do.

How many deaths in the US of A due to coronavirus?

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Necessary for the All Tall All Small bet
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Naaaaah, who are you kidding? You like to lie your ass off and claim Trump offered Assange a pardon and then you like to run and hide like a Kunt after you get exposed for the lying coward you are. That’s what you like to do.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The fact that opinions over a public health issue are breaking down on political lines is fucking retarded.

Agreed but that tends to happen when you have asshats blaming Trump for a virus that came out of China.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Politics

Another vote in favor of waiting for the horse to bolt before locking the barn door.
    Locking the barn door? That's racist. Open borders.

7 cases

State of emergency
  • Options

HHusky said:

How bad would it have to get before you’d say let’s not let it get worse? Public officials who didn’t want people to “freak out” about the Spanish flu caused a lot more harm than doctors who wanted it taken seriously.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

How bad would it have to get before you’d say let’s not let it get worse? Public officials who didn’t want people to “freak out” about the Spanish flu caused a lot more harm than doctors who wanted it taken seriously.
    We? Tried to take it seriously but CNN said the task force wasn’t diverse enough.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

We? Tried to take it seriously but CNN said the task force wasn’t diverse enough.
    I’ll never vote CNN for public office again. Any other excuses?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll never vote CNN for public office again. Any other excuses?
    What is it that we should be doing that we aren’t already?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How many deaths have there been in the US due to corona virus?

There's been more deaths due to typhus (RIP, CD) than the corona virus in the US.

AAAARRGH MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!!!!

Typhus deaths are due to leftist failed policies so those don't count.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fact that opinions over a public health issue are breaking down on political lines is fucking retarded.

Only because leftists are emotion based fags
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sounds like you don't have time to sit around discussing liberty.