Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello likely heading for Mississippi State

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JHop says he's begging the Oregon coaches to come to UO
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

I'm not sure KJ knows who he is to be honest... going to Mississippi State for grad school and a super low chance at the NFL or go to UW for real grad school and about the same shot at the NFL.

I guess that Stanford education didn't really stick.

I know a lot of Stanford grads and none of them have finished up an undergrad at Stanford and then dropped to Tier 2 schools for grad school. It's just a weird decision that is Built for Next Season but not B4L.

This ain’t about grad school
    that's my point. it's a terrible decision because it SHOULD be about grad school for this guy.

he isn't going to the NFL.
    Disagree
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

It'll be awesome when he's Owen against Ole Miss, has a winning record against LSU and takes them to the wire when he loses, and is a tough out for good Florida and Georgia teams.

They aren’t beating LSU
    Cuog shouldn't have beaten Oregon consistently, but they did. The leech is a vicious animal.
    Did they ever beat Oregon when Oregon was good? Certainly not often.
    Only when they were rich cool and 4-0

Its a good question - did they beat Chip? Chip only lost to Stanford and Arizona
    They had a four game streak starting in '15.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

It'll be awesome when he's Owen against Ole Miss, has a winning record against LSU and takes them to the wire when he loses, and is a tough out for good Florida and Georgia teams.

They aren’t beating LSU
    Cuog shouldn't have beaten Oregon consistently, but they did. The leech is a vicious animal.
    Only when they were rich cool and 4-0

Its a good question - did they beat Chip? Chip only lost to Stanford and Arizona
    They had a four game streak starting in '15.
    So the bully is right

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

They aren’t beating LSU
    2015. But Jack Locknie 2015, not VAJ 2015.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did we try to get him? Or anyone?

It would show me that there is some realization that we really need to give a shit and do everything to win because I am pretty sure we don't care all that much

Lake didn’t commit to saying the starting QB was on the roster. The guy that went to Georgia had some interest. It seems we are interested, but can’t convince anyone to play in a shitty offense.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    IIRC Leach had three TOTAL wins vs Texas and Oklahoma during all his years at Tech.

Dominated by Petersen. Had the one ridiculous win vs Sark in 2012.

Four consecutive wins while Oregon was down but lost anytime they were good.

This is Leach: beat the bad/mediocre teams and get dominated by the top of the conference.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meek said:

I'm not sure KJ knows who he is to be honest... going to Mississippi State for grad school and a super low chance at the NFL or go to UW for real grad school and about the same shot at the NFL.

I know a lot of Stanford grads and none of them have finished up an undergrad at Stanford and then dropped to Tier 2 schools for grad school. It's just a weird decision that is Built for Next Season but not B4L.

You are assuming it has anything to do with grad school ... at all. It does not. Also, Stanford football players are B students. Many of them struggle to make it out of their in one piece. I know a kid who played baseball down there who, despite an Eastside Catholic edumacation, had to take one distribution requirement 3 fucking times. The football team generally represents the bottom 25th percentile of the student pop. Maybe worse. There are exceptions, but that's the rule.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

This ain’t about grad school
    that's my point. it's a terrible decision because it SHOULD be about grad school for this guy.

he isn't going to the NFL.
    He's good enough to sign a contract and hold a clipboard, and thereby make more money in 5 years than most of his Stanford classmates will make in 15.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711

IIRC Leach had three TOTAL wins vs Texas and Oklahoma during all his years at Tech.

Dominated by Petersen. Had the one ridiculous win vs Sark in 2012.

Four consecutive wins while Oregon was down but lost anytime they were good.

This is Leach: beat the bad/mediocre teams and get dominated by the top of the conference.

The Crabtree team was his only legit good team
    Yeah, one double digit win season in ten years at TTech and one in eight at WSU.

Both teams were exposed towards the end of the year after achieving a high ranking and having a chance to win the conference.

Normally Leach is good for an 8-9 win season.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

I’ll have to check him out.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

They aren’t beating LSU
    LSU is primed for a big tumble. I doubt Leach pulls it off, but LSU will absorb some ugly losses in 2020.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2020
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

They aren’t beating LSU
    LSU is primed for a big tumble. I doubt Leach pulls it off, but LSU will absorb some ugly losses in 2020.
    LSU is losing alot although they reload with the best of em and coincidentally Ms St is returning some of their best players from this past season. So Leach will have good talent and may be interesting game.

And sounds like he’s trying to bring in good players but never heard of KJ, 3rd stringer from Stanford? From what I see on this thread he’s worthy of a look.

So, will see how the pirate fairs against LSU et al. He will have some good skilled position players returning to Ms St and not like he’s showing up to a mass exodus i.e. LSU.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020
    Stanfraud's prehistoric 1960s offense is a 180 from Leach's system. That seems like an odd move.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920

Stanfraud's prehistoric 1960s offense is a 180 from Leach's system. That seems like an odd move.

Unless he trusts Leach to teach him new skills.
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Leach’s offense is crazy simple. Designed to have like three basic keys and just throw to the open guy. Run the ball once a quarter just to mix things up. Costello went to Stanford, so he’s probably more than bright enough.

I do want to know what graduate program Mississippi State has that Stanford doesn’t though (the purported rationale for grad transfers)