Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon’s Meathead Mexican

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This is stupid. In the grand scheme of things, if Oregon somehow played an 8-4 Indiana team in the Rose Bowl and won, a will is still a win. The opponent doesn't matter. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Win or GTFO. Talking about the great teams you lost to is loser talk. If you want to be losers, then please continue. Sean Connery said it best " Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

You are using move quotes from a nearly 25 year old movie starring Nick Cage? Such a fag.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Only a Doog would talk shit about a trophy they haven't won in 20 years.
    Looking back, most of UWs Rose bowl victories were against pretty mediocre big ten teams. Awesome wins over some 8-4 Iowa squads
    The correct opinion is it doesn't matter who you're playing in the rose bowl. It didn't matter who Oregon played this year.

It didn't matter who UW played last year.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Expected to find pics here of the hot piece that he puts his Mexican meat in. Instead this bullshit.

How far this place has fallen.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

Gay ass #FlexFriday works. Who knew?
    The last time UW won a Rose Bowl it was in standard definition and you beat #14 AP/coaches, #17 BCS, Purdue.

Nobody cares.

Into the trophy case with a Black XL T-shirt.

That's pretty much what he wrote. Thanks for the translation into duck
    You’re correct. Probably quoted the wrong guy.

Was still fun to write though.

I'm glad we got this sorted. Race taught me many moons ago not to be one of those fags who diminishes winners. Winners win, and losers talk about why winners shouldn't be winners.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020
    ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Looking back, most of UWs Rose bowl victories were against pretty mediocre big ten teams. Awesome wins over some 8-4 Iowa squads
    Exactly. Nobody ever cares who you beat, just that you won. Wisconsin is hot garbage. And so was Purdue. And so was Iowa. Etc. NOGAF. Winners win and hoist trophies. Losers diddle themselves in the losers locker room and talk about how TUFF Ohio State was.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020

This is stupid. In the grand scheme of things, if Oregon somehow played an 8-4 Indiana team in the Rose Bowl and won, a will is still a win. The opponent doesn't matter. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Win or GTFO. Talking about the great teams you lost to is loser talk. If you want to be losers, then please continue. Sean Connery said it best " Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

You are using move quotes from a nearly 25 year old movie starring Nick Cage? Such a fag.
    It’s Sean Connery’s line, and the movie is actually pretty good. One of the few decent movies with Nick Cage. If you don’t like action movies like The Rock, then maybe serendipity is more your speed.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we're bashing Serendipity, I'm fucking out.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

The last time UW won a Rose Bowl it was in standard definition and you beat #14 AP/coaches, #17 BCS, Purdue.

Nobody cares.

I'm glad we got this sorted. Race taught me many moons ago not to be one of those fags who diminishes winners. Winners win, and losers talk about why winners shouldn't be winners.
    @Gladstone ? True?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Sorry kiddos.

Nobody cares.

@Gladstone ? True?
    Cubans really like to start shit, eh?
  • Options
    edited January 2020

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

It's hard to insult a Husky more than we insult ourselves these days but this is a good one

Our best wasn't the Rose Bowl. It was the Orange Bowl
    W/o question.

Tl;dr on its way:

During my formative years in Miami (thank God), I grew up on a steady diet of Orange Bowl national championships, with an occasional Sugar.

Then when I moved up here, I became acquainted with the Rose Bowl, which people in the west always insisted was the only bowl that mattered. I was ready to accept this, but I was also fed a steady diet of the Pac beating the Big in the Rose. This was how I saw the world. We? were better. I missed the prior era of the Big dominating the game.

It formed in me a couple of admittedly odd points of view. First, I fell in love with this conference, a feeling I have to this day. I was so impressed because we? (one of us) beat some of the big-name teams I grew up hearing about so much (OSU/Mich). But it also made me think, "what's the big deal with this bowl? why do they like it so much? it's never best on best.

The fact that the Rose Bowl meant more than the game itself escaped me. The symbolism of fleeing the cold to fly to the west coast paradise to see your team was something that meant nothing to me because one thing we had in abundance in So Fla is great weather during the winter. So I just didn't get it. I always wanted the P10 teams I thought were so cool to be free to play elsewhere and not be tied into this fucking limited game against these big lumbering slow teams that we? always seemed to beat.

It's why one of my favorite memories are those of any P10 team playing OOC and beating some big name program. Which, coincidentally, also marks the source of my aggravation with my alma mater: that being their inability to punch Notre Dame in the mouwf. JFC But I danced around like a Kansas City faggot when we? beat Okie in the Orange.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

It's hard to insult a Husky more than we insult ourselves these days but this is a good one

W/o question.

Tl;dr on its way:

During my formative years in Miami (thank God), I grew up on a steady diet of Orange Bowl national championships, with an occasional Sugar.

Then when I moved up here, I became acquainted with the Rose Bowl, which people in the west always insisted was the only bowl that mattered. I was ready to accept this, but I was also fed a steady diet of the Pac beating the Big in the Rose. This was how I saw the world. We? were better. I missed the prior era of the Big dominating the game.

It formed in me a couple of admittedly odd points of view. First, I fell in love with this conference, a feeling I have to this day. I was so impressed because we? (one of us) beat some of the big-name teams I grew up hearing about so much (OSU/Mich). But it also made me think, "what's the big deal with this bowl? why do they like it so much? it's never best on best.

The fact that the Rose Bowl meant more than the game itself escaped me. The symbolism of fleeing the cold to fly to the west coast paradise to see your team was something that meant nothing to me because one thing we had in abundance in So Fla is great weather during the winter. So I just didn't get it. I always wanted the P10 teams I thought were so cool to be free to play elsewhere and not be tied into this fucking limited game against these big lumbering slow teams that we? always seemed to beat.

It's why one of my favorite memories are those of any P10 team playing OOC and beating some big name program. Which, coincidentally, also marks the source of my aggravation with my alma mater: that being their inability to punch Notre Dame in the mouwf. JFC But I danced around like a Kansas City faggot when we? beat Okie in the Orange.

I've never heard even one person ever claim that the Rose Bowl is the only bowl that matters.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the new Vegas bowl still holds up to be a Pac 12 #2/3 against the SEC it could end up holding a similar clout to the Rose Bowl over time.

New stadium, win over an LSU/Auburn type of program, Vegas. Could actually be really great for the Pac fans. SEC fans might even care.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

If the new Vegas bowl still holds up to be a Pac 12 #2/3 against the SEC it could end up holding a similar clout to the Rose Bowl over time.

New stadium, win over an LSU/Auburn type of program, Vegas. Could actually be really great for the Pac fans. SEC fans might even care.

I'll love it for the change of pace and variety
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    haie said:

It is a huge step up for the pac12 over the Alamo, but it’s assinine to say it could have similar clout to the rose bowl.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Sorry kiddos.

Nobody cares.

@Gladstone ? True?
    Cubans really like to start shit, eh?
    Supposably.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

W/o question.

Tl;dr on its way:

I've never heard even one person ever claim that the Rose Bowl is the only bowl that matters.
    Oh shit. I heard it all the time Stalin.

The country was a much more regional place not that many years ago.
  • Options

Swaye said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Exactly. Nobody ever cares who you beat, just that you won. Wisconsin is hot garbage. And so was Purdue. And so was Iowa. Etc. NOGAF. Winners win and hoist trophies. Losers diddle themselves in the losers locker room and talk about how TUFF Ohio State was.
    But I was hearing from retards here that ricks rose bowl win didn’t count because Purdue was 9-4
    "Retards" being the operative word.
  • Options
    haie said:

Can't we? move it to a better place than Vegas though?

Part of what makes the Rose Bowl is where it is. So Cal is full of people for a razone. It's paradise.

Can't that game be in San Diego or LA?