Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon’s Meathead Mexican

14567810»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Only a Doog would talk shit about a trophy they haven't won in 20 years.
    Looking back, most of UWs Rose bowl victories were against pretty mediocre big ten teams. Awesome wins over some 8-4 Iowa squads
    The correct opinion is it doesn't matter who you're playing in the rose bowl. It didn't matter who Oregon played this year.

It didn't matter who UW played last year.
    It doesn’t ultimately matter but when some here say Cristobal did more than Pete, it’s a simplistic statement that is kind of stupid. He hasn’t yet.

A playoff game is better than a Rose Bowl win and Ohio State was a lot better than Wisconsin. If we had a beat a Wisconsin type team people would still say Pete hadn’t won a big game against a tough opponent.

Nobody really remembers that tho, so I do get it. Purdue wasn’t anything special in 2000. I still enjoyed it a lot.
    I'm still LIPO on Meat until he fails.

I'm on the fence with the playoff thing. MSU, ND and Oklahoma have tainted it a bit. We were legit in 16 and the last Pac 12 school to even be in the conversation for it post conference so Ducks can go swim in the McKenzie if they scoff at it. Whoop de fucking Doo, they went one game farther before being part of the 3 losers.

Buttfuck I want one of the Fiesta or Rose trophies at this point. It does feel like things fell into place for Oregon but I have to respect how fast they came back and got another rose.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,709
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Only a Doog would talk shit about a trophy they haven't won in 20 years.
    Looking back, most of UWs Rose bowl victories were against pretty mediocre big ten teams. Awesome wins over some 8-4 Iowa squads
    The correct opinion is it doesn't matter who you're playing in the rose bowl. It didn't matter who Oregon played this year.

It didn't matter who UW played last year.
    It doesn’t ultimately matter but when some here say Cristobal did more than Pete, it’s a simplistic statement that is kind of stupid. He hasn’t yet.

A playoff game is better than a Rose Bowl win and Ohio State was a lot better than Wisconsin. If we had a beat a Wisconsin type team people would still say Pete hadn’t won a big game against a tough opponent.

Nobody really remembers that tho, so I do get it. Purdue wasn’t anything special in 2000. I still enjoyed it a lot.
    I'm still LIPO on Meat until he fails.

I'm on the fence with the playoff thing. MSU, ND and Oklahoma have tainted it a bit. We were legit in 16 and the last Pac 12 school to even be in the conversation for it post conference so Ducks can go swim in the McKenzie if they scoff at it. Whoop de fucking Doo, they went one game farther before being part of the 3 losers.

Buttfuck I want one of the Fiesta or Rose trophies at this point. It does feel like things fell into place for Oregon but I have to respect how fast they came back and got another rose.
    That's fair.

A far less Doogy, but nonetheless DAWG! take than many senior poasters here have been able to muster.

Looking at you @Gladstone .
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

If the new Vegas bowl still holds up to be a Pac 12 #2/3 against the SEC it could end up holding a similar clout to the Rose Bowl over time.

New stadium, win over an LSU/Auburn type of program, Vegas. Could actually be really great for the Pac fans. SEC fans might even care.

Can't we? move it to a better place than Vegas though?

Part of what makes the Rose Bowl is where it is. So Cal is full of people for a razone. It's paradise.

Can't that game be in San Diego or LA?
    You wouldn't have the Vegas bowl in Vegas? Seems odd
    We could rename it. It's hard, but we could try.

But it's hard.
    Maybe we could call it something like the "Holiday" bowel for people on holiday?
    You think the Chinese would show up?