Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon’s Meathead Mexican

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Wisky was PSU two years ago. Same running back story and everything.

Sure, except McSorley was 100x better than the Jake Browning clone wiscy put out there
    Bullshit on Jake Browning clone. Not close.

Wisconsin had a better defense.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm sure Herbert was frustrating but he went 12 and 2 and won the Rose Bowl

Tui was more productive but just as brain locked at times

Herbert ran like Tui yesterday. Might have been the missing ingredient. Same against Utah

Mario wants a tough running team. Pretty sure he tells Arroyo that.

We thought Browning would be easy to replace with a big dick gunslinger

Quarterback is a win position. Fuck stats

Hubert's biggest issue is how he reacts in a collapsing pocket. Which is the issue with 99% of the QBs not in some kind of hall of fame. It's what separates the good from the great. It's not a mobility thing necessarily either. Jake Browning was 10X as mobile as Dan Marino ... it's the little steps. Do you step into the little spaces where you can buy yourself another second or do you do the other thing?

Yesterday, he turned a 2nd and short to 3rd and forever by taking a sack he just didn't need to take. He's a fucking senior ... throw the ball away and it's 3rd and 2, not 3rd and 11. He does something like that in every game. What are you going to do? He is who he is. Not nearly as retarded as Brownsocks - few are - but still not great in that aspect of the game.\

I think otherwise he gets too much shit for his throws ... kid has had a lot of drops in his career at Oregon and has made many big-league throws IMO. I think he'll wind up holding a clip board in the NFL.
    He’s brain dead sometimes out there. If you’re talking 4q, it was 3rd and 2 from the wiscy 37–2 down territory down 27-21. Every freshman qb knows the one thing you can’t do there is take a sack, to give yourself a chance on 4th and 2. He was out of the pocket, could have easily thrown it away when the first 2 options on his rollout were gone, but he tried to reverse field and took a sack, killing the drive.
  • Options

PSU had a QB who could complete a pass longer than 7 yards.
    So did Wisky. Different offensive philosophy. I will take these numbers from my QB all day if I have Taylor: 195 completetions on 271 attempts for 2,307 yards. 72.3% completion %. 17 TDs 4 picks 161.6 QB rating.

You're also ignoring the fact that Oregon's defense kept the nation's best running back under 100 yards for the game. Remind me how Barkley did in the Fiesta.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

Gay ass #FlexFriday works. Who knew?
    And now you know why you should always listen to Uncle Creepy.
    The reason I didn't buy the well he sucked and has a shitty record but he'll do great here is because we? have been there and done that.

And it remains rare. And you were flaming and got lucky. So there

Rickwontherosebowlinyeartwoandgotfiredtwoyearslater
    I always get lucky. The sun never sets on the Creepycoug Empire. Ever.

Plus, I counted on the Cuban-factor. You didn't. I know that we? have superior genes, and therefore are entitled to a greater share of @oregonblitzkrieg 's reasonable amounts %.

• Options

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

Gay ass #FlexFriday works. Who knew?
    And now you know why you should always listen to Uncle Creepy.
    The reason I didn't buy the well he sucked and has a shitty record but he'll do great here is because we? have been there and done that.

And it remains rare. And you were flaming and got lucky. So there

Rickwontherosebowlinyeartwoandgotfiredtwoyearslater
    Helfrichwontherosebowlinyeartwoandgotfiredtwoyearslater
    You are doing terribly in this thread.

Let us examine the ways that Mark Coker, err, Larry Helfrich, um, Mark Helfrich, was in a different situation than Mario Cristoball.

Like it or not, and for better and for worse, this team is Mario Cristobal, through and through. Helfrich's team was Chip Kelly's team, through and through. It also helped that Helfrich had a generational talent at QB who erased other team deficiencies. Crisco has no such player. I'll credit Helfrich for recruiting said player; and a broken clock is right twice a day; otherwise, Helfrich was a lazy recruiter and everyone knew it.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So did Wisky. Different offensive philosophy. I will take these numbers from my QB all day if I have Taylor: 195 completetions on 271 attempts for 2,307 yards. 72.3% completion %. 17 TDs 4 picks 161.6 QB rating.

You're also ignoring the fact that Oregon's defense kept the nation's best running back under 100 yards for the game. Remind me how Barkley did in the Fiesta.
    137 with a long of 92. That's not why they lost they game.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

I'm sure Herbert was frustrating but he went 12 and 2 and won the Rose Bowl

Tui was more productive but just as brain locked at times

Herbert ran like Tui yesterday. Might have been the missing ingredient. Same against Utah

Mario wants a tough running team. Pretty sure he tells Arroyo that.

We thought Browning would be easy to replace with a big dick gunslinger

Quarterback is a win position. Fuck stats

Hubert's biggest issue is how he reacts in a collapsing pocket. Which is the issue with 99% of the QBs not in some kind of hall of fame. It's what separates the good from the great. It's not a mobility thing necessarily either. Jake Browning was 10X as mobile as Dan Marino ... it's the little steps. Do you step into the little spaces where you can buy yourself another second or do you do the other thing?

Yesterday, he turned a 2nd and short to 3rd and forever by taking a sack he just didn't need to take. He's a fucking senior ... throw the ball away and it's 3rd and 2, not 3rd and 11. He does something like that in every game. What are you going to do? He is who he is. Not nearly as retarded as Brownsocks - few are - but still not great in that aspect of the game.\

I think otherwise he gets too much shit for his throws ... kid has had a lot of drops in his career at Oregon and has made many big-league throws IMO. I think he'll wind up holding a clip board in the NFL.
    He’s brain dead sometimes out there. If you’re talking 4q, it was 3rd and 2 from the wiscy 37–2 down territory down 27-21. Every freshman qb knows the one thing you can’t do there is take a sack, to give yourself a chance on 4th and 2. He was out of the pocket, could have easily thrown it away when the first 2 options on his rollout were gone, but he tried to reverse field and took a sack, killing the drive.
    That is exactly the play. I told my son-in-law, "there are like 20 fucking things you can do there, only one of them bad; he did the bad one."
  • Options

People forget that Tui threw the most retarded pitch ever in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl that could have turned the game to a loss.

That was Tui

I remember that. Didn't Tui also help Miami get back into the game in 2000 with one or two retarded picks?

Still, it's hard for me to ever be critical of that kid. What a money player. Not nearly as talented as Mariota, but made of the same kind of stuff. Winners.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look if I may doog here for moment, Wisconsin had FOUR turnovers all of them costly. And lost by a point

Both teams got "other" touchdowns- a kick off return for the Badgers and a drop punt snap pick and score for Oregon

What's my point?

Oregon won the game
  • Options

So we're going to try to drill down to one or two reasons why Washington lost and then compare/contrast? Fuck outta here. Oregon contained a phenomenal running back that has run over everybody; Washington gave up a big score to Barkley. I don't care. Oregon didn't let Taylor beat them; Washington let Barkley at least help beat them.

This discussion is ridiculous and for losers. Thanks @Gladstone for starting such a doogy sub-thread.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So we're going to try to drill down to one or two reasons why Washington lost and then compare/contrast? Fuck outta here. Oregon contained a phenomenal running back that has run over everybody; Washington gave up a big score to Barkley. I don't care. Oregon didn't let Taylor beat them; Washington let Barkley at least help beat them.

This discussion is ridiculous and for losers. Thanks @Gladstone for starting such a doogy sub-thread.
    You brought it up. Quit living up to your name.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess back to the poont? Mario the Cuban Race Superiority Guy has probably moved into the "good" category of coarches at this point. Argue with the fake it until you make it process but Oregon is at least BACK! to being a tier 2? school under him at this point and not a middling program in a shitty P5 conference. It will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Progression or regression are both on the table. He also might LEAVE! under the right circumstances. Montlake Jimmy BONEM is definitely staring Washington in the face this next year.
  • Options

Look if I may doog here for moment, Wisconsin had FOUR turnovers all of them costly. And lost by a point

Both teams got "other" touchdowns- a kick off return for the Badgers and a drop punt snap pick and score for Oregon

What's my point?

Oregon won the game

Exactly right.

And all of those "other" things were earned. The kid who housed the kickoff was a problem on kick off all day. It wasn't a fluke.

And each of Oregon's TOs were forced. When a kid puts his head on the ball and it pops out, that's called good D. If nothing else, even the doogiest of doogs, say like @Gladstone , has to admit Oregon played very sound defense, which last I checked still matters, even in the P12.
  • Options

Fuck off.

And I brought it up because it stands. If you want to support the doog narrative that the B10 opponent was some shit fourth-tier team in its own conference, then go ahead and park your head up your ass when you usually keep it.

But I'm going to do what I do and drive you and your friends crazy in the process.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

People forget that Tui threw the most retarded pitch ever in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl that could have turned the game to a loss.

That was Tui

I remember that. Didn't Tui also help Miami get back into the game in 2000 with one or two retarded picks?

Still, it's hard for me to ever be critical of that kid. What a money player. Not nearly as talented as Mariota, but made of the same kind of stuff. Winners.
    I think he did but yes he is still a favorite.

I need to get my VCR tapes converted to digital.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fuck off.

And I brought it up because it stands. If you want to support the doog narrative that the B10 opponent was some shit fourth-tier team in its own conference, then go ahead and park your head up your ass when you usually keep it.

But I'm going to do what I do and drive you and your friends crazy in the process.
    1 month ago, Wisconsin played a better Ohio state team much closer at a neutral site than UW did in the 2019 rose bowl.

But I’m sure the doogs would have won rather easily, say 34-17?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's my point?

Oregon won the game

Exactly right.

And all of those "other" things were earned. The kid who housed the kickoff was a problem on kick off all day. It wasn't a fluke.

And each of Oregon's TOs were forced. When a kid puts his head on the ball and it pops out, that's called good D. If nothing else, even the doogiest of doogs, say like @Gladstone , has to admit Oregon played very sound defense, which last I checked still matters, even in the P12.
    And those turnovers directly led to Taylor not getting the reps to pound Oregon. He'd get going and then FUMBLE

And I agree that turnovers can actually be forced by the defense. Its not against the rules
  • Options

I guess back to the poont? Mario the Cuban Race Superiority Guy has probably moved into the "good" category of coarches at this point. Argue with the fake it until you make it process but Oregon is at least BACK! to being a tier 2? school under him at this point and not a middling program in a shitty P5 conference. It will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Progression or regression are both on the table. He also might LEAVE! under the right circumstances. Montlake Jimmy BONEM is definitely staring Washington in the face this next year.
    Agreed. He may never get better. Or he may.

If recruiting is any indication, and it seems to be, he should get better assuming he continues to make good hires like he did with Avalos, who he'll lose in the next season or two if Oregon continues to play sound D.

He is the single best recruiter Oregon has ever had, and so if things play out for any length of time, Washington will have to manage with an elite recruiter in their back yard. That is something with which UW has never had to cope. Even during the Duckade, it was more about coaching and system, with the occasional home-run recruit (Mariota; Stewart; Thomas, etc.)