Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon’s Meathead Mexican

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,263
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wisky was PSU two years ago. Same running back story and everything.

No. That Penn State had way more talent. Better QB, better TE, better WR’s.

Both had great RB’s but Barkley was one of the fastest players in the country at 230 pounds.

No team can afford all those turnovers, but that is especially true for a team that doesn’t throw the ball well.
    Let's dig into this a little.

First, it's a little disingenuous to glibly reference Wisky as a "4-loss team". I know you didn't, but someone else did. Penn State was a 2-loss team in 2017, but didn't have to play Ohio State twice because they weren't in the conference championship game, and the fourth loss would have been to Washington, except it wasn't. Wisky had to play OSU twice, and lost the Rose Bowl because they weren't playing Washington.

Second, IDR care how fast Barkeley was; Taylor is one of the most prolific running backs in cfb history. #s don't lie. Facts. Boom. 'nuff said.

Next, let's examine this claim of a much better QB:

McSorley in 2017: 284 427 3,570 12.6 85 66.5 28 10 162.4 (attempts, completions, yards, average, long, completion %, TDs, Ints, Rating)
    Coan in 2019: 195 271 2,307 8.5 70 72.3 17 4 161.6 (same order)

Much better? I'd say an offense with a different approach to playing. McSorley threw it WAY more than Coan. It's hard to just say McSorley was much better. In 2018, McSorley's #s were far different when he didn't put it up nearly as often (from 284 attempts to 192, closer to what Coan threw this year).

In terms of much better talent overall, on what basis? Do you actually know this? Things like this are easy to say. But I'm guessing it's not really true.

Lastly, the claim of a much better defense. Let's compare the only measure that matters: points allowed.

Penn State 2017: 214 points surrendered. Wisky 2019: 237 points surrendered, including two games against Ohio State against one for Penn State.

I don't blame you. Wisky is annually amongst the most criminally underchinned programs in the country. People forget about them until they start racking up wins and everybody assumes they're just a bunch of try-hard cheese head white guys. Their NFL production tells a much different story.

Let's face it. The comparison of 2019 Wisky and 2017 PSU is close enough to shut down the doogery. Creep prevails once again. That's the only point here. Doogs like Gladdy grasping at straws, which is sad af.
    I agree that the win is a win but c'mon Creep. Wisky is always tier 2 in the Big 10 in a good year for them. No need to pretend otherwise. If you gotta pick two teams from each conference to go as "flagship" Wisky ain't making it. If it wasn't for the division splits how many times would Wisky have even made it to the CCG in the big 10?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    You're better than this. First, we're not discussing conference history. Generalizing is the rhetorical tool of the man losing the argument.

We're comparing two specific teams and the suggestion that 2017 PSU was better than 2019 Wisky, and nobody has been able to substantiate the claim.

If we are talking about B10 in general, the order goes Ohio State, then Wisky and everybody else. Just look at the results. They support my stance.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The doog revisionist history on that penn state team is funny.
  • Options
    This is stupid. In the grand scheme of things, if Oregon somehow played an 8-4 Indiana team in the Rose Bowl and won, a will is still a win. The opponent doesn't matter. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Win or GTFO. Talking about the great teams you lost to is loser talk. If you want to be losers, then please continue. Sean Connery said it best " Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

PSU had a QB who could complete a pass longer than 7 yards.
    So did Wisky. Different offensive philosophy. I will take these numbers from my QB all day if I have Taylor: 195 completetions on 271 attempts for 2,307 yards. 72.3% completion %. 17 TDs 4 picks 161.6 QB rating.

You're also ignoring the fact that Oregon's defense kept the nation's best running back under 100 yards for the game. Remind me how Barkley did in the Fiesta.
    137 with a long of 92. That's not why they lost they game.
    So we're going to try to drill down to one or two reasons why Washington lost and then compare/contrast? Fuck outta here. Oregon contained a phenomenal running back that has run over everybody; Washington gave up a big score to Barkley. I don't care. Oregon didn't let Taylor beat them; Washington let Barkley at least help beat them.

This discussion is ridiculous and for losers. Thanks @Gladstone for starting such a doogy sub-thread.
    You brought it up. Quit living up to your name.
    Fuck off.

And I brought it up because it stands. If you want to support the doog narrative that the B10 opponent was some shit fourth-tier team in its own conference, then go ahead and park your head up your ass when you usually keep it.

But I'm going to do what I do and drive you and your friends crazy in the process.
    Disagree
  • Options

So did Wisky. Different offensive philosophy. I will take these numbers from my QB all day if I have Taylor: 195 completetions on 271 attempts for 2,307 yards. 72.3% completion %. 17 TDs 4 picks 161.6 QB rating.

You're also ignoring the fact that Oregon's defense kept the nation's best running back under 100 yards for the game. Remind me how Barkley did in the Fiesta.
    So we're going to try to drill down to one or two reasons why Washington lost and then compare/contrast? Fuck outta here. Oregon contained a phenomenal running back that has run over everybody; Washington gave up a big score to Barkley. I don't care. Oregon didn't let Taylor beat them; Washington let Barkley at least help beat them.

This discussion is ridiculous and for losers. Thanks @Gladstone for starting such a doogy sub-thread.
    Fuck off.

And I brought it up because it stands. If you want to support the doog narrative that the B10 opponent was some shit fourth-tier team in its own conference, then go ahead and park your head up your ass when you usually keep it.

But I'm going to do what I do and drive you and your friends crazy in the process.
    Disagree
    You're too late. I won.

Like I always do.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Whats going on here in this thread? Havent paid much attention. Believe there's a little cuban man or 2 involved.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Fuck off.

Disagree
    You're too late. I won.

Like I always do.
    You won vicariously through the Ducks. Your team still sucks.
  • Options

Fuck off.

Disagree
    You're too late. I won.

Like I always do.
    You won vicariously through the Ducks. Your team still sucks.
    I won here right here [X}.

Where you lost.

• Options

Whats going on here in this thread? Havent paid much attention. Believe there's a little cuban man or 2 involved.

You better fucking believe it Paco.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

You better fucking believe it Paco.
    Well

Carry on then
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Threads on this site go from 1 page to 7 for no reason what so ever. 6 of the pages are just people calling each other stupid because they don’t agree with someone else’s opinion.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck off.

Disagree
    You're too late. I won.

Like I always do.
    You bet me the Coogs would win the Apple Cup. Then you went double or nothing the next year.

• Options

Threads on this site go from 1 page to 7 for no reason what so ever. 6 of the pages are just people calling each other stupid because they don’t agree with someone else’s opinion.

And? That's what makes this place great.

You can always go to doogfarm. I'm sure the circle jerk threads there are nice and short.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dflea said:

Fuck off.

Disagree
    You're too late. I won.

Like I always do.
    You bet me the Coogs would win the Apple Cup. Then you went double or nothing the next year.

Except for those two times.

And I have a weakness for my alma mater. Sue me.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Only a Doog would talk shit about a trophy they haven't won in 20 years.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Oregon got fourth best in big ten Wisconsin and we got Urban last game Ohio State. That's it. The end. Go home.

Should we throw your RB trophy against Purdue in the lake? For Purdue to win the Big Ten Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would have to be .500 teams, which they were that year.

Imagine getting owned by a poster who coached in the highest classification of high school football in Alabama.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

Imagine getting owned by a poster who coached in the highest classification of high school football in Alabama.

Alabama is a football state, after all.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Looking back, most of UWs Rose bowl victories were against pretty mediocre big ten teams. Awesome wins over some 8-4 Iowa squads