Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon’s Meathead Mexican

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wisky was PSU two years ago. Same running back story and everything.

PSU had a QB who could complete a pass longer than 7 yards.
    So did Wisky. Different offensive philosophy. I will take these numbers from my QB all day if I have Taylor: 195 completetions on 271 attempts for 2,307 yards. 72.3% completion %. 17 TDs 4 picks 161.6 QB rating.

You're also ignoring the fact that Oregon's defense kept the nation's best running back under 100 yards for the game. Remind me how Barkley did in the Fiesta.
    137 with a long of 92. That's not why they lost they game.
    So we're going to try to drill down to one or two reasons why Washington lost and then compare/contrast? Fuck outta here. Oregon contained a phenomenal running back that has run over everybody; Washington gave up a big score to Barkley. I don't care. Oregon didn't let Taylor beat them; Washington let Barkley at least help beat them.

This discussion is ridiculous and for losers. Thanks @Gladstone for starting such a doogy sub-thread.
    I guess back to the poont? Mario the Cuban Race Superiority Guy has probably moved into the "good" category of coarches at this point. Argue with the fake it until you make it process but Oregon is at least BACK! to being a tier 2? school under him at this point and not a middling program in a shitty P5 conference. It will be interesting to see how it plays out from here. Progression or regression are both on the table. He also might LEAVE! under the right circumstances. Montlake Jimmy BONEM is definitely staring Washington in the face this next year.
    Agreed. He may never get better. Or he may.

If recruiting is any indication, and it seems to be, he should get better assuming he continues to make good hires like he did with Avalos, who he'll lose in the next season or two if Oregon continues to play sound D.

He is the single best recruiter Oregon has ever had, and so if things play out for any length of time, Washington will have to manage with an elite recruiter in their back yard. That is something with which UW has never had to cope. Even during the Duckade, it was more about coaching and system, with the occasional home-run recruit (Mariota; Stewart; Thomas, etc.)

I'd argue that slick willy was a better recruiter. He was selling without any results. ATBS slick willy is retarded as a coarch so it didn't matter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    Taggert leaving was huge. He'd still be doing whatever retarded shit got him fired at Florida State. Mario would have been snatched up by someone else ( mama is calling)

History would have changed! We might have been 9-4 this year
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Not when you consider what Crisco brought in this year. The Tibadough and Flowe back to back home runs is beyond Willie recruiting. He obviously got help in getting Sewell's younger brother, but even then, who do you think brought in the Penis? It wasn't Willie, who papa purportedly wasn't crazy about. They trusted Mario. Dude's very good in the living the room.
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Not when you consider what Crisco brought in this year. The Tibadough and Flowe back to back home runs is beyond Willie recruiting. He obviously got help in getting Sewell's younger brother, but even then, who do you think brought in the Penis? It wasn't Willie, who papa purportedly wasn't crazy about. They trusted Mario. Dude's very good in the living the room.

So you’re a Quook AND a Mexican?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

Gay ass #FlexFriday works. Who knew?
    The last time UW won a Rose Bowl it was in standard definition and you beat #14 AP/coaches, #17 BCS, Purdue.

Nobody cares.

Into the trophy case with a Black XL T-shirt.

• Options

I predict you and I are going to have some problems here.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Oh I'm on board that we've been soft dick losers in every game with a pulse, but the Rose Bowl emo meltdown is a bit much as Wisconsin is a billion orders of magnitude shittier than that Ohio State team.

Sorry kiddos.

No doubt. Wisconsin is garbage.This is Tui beating Purdue level stuff here. Thing is I was at the Tui beating shitty ass Purdue Rose Bowel and I don't really ever think about the fact we beat a shitty team to win it. I just think about the feeling of winning it. Nobody ever remembers you beat a shit team. They just remember you are winners.

Credit to Cristoball. I thought he was going to be a shitbag. Turns out he won a Rose Bowl in year 2 while we were on the 6 year "process plan" to lose one.

Gay ass #FlexFriday works. Who knew?
    The last time UW won a Rose Bowl it was in standard definition and you beat #14 AP/coaches, #17 BCS, Purdue.

Nobody cares.

Into the trophy case with a Black XL T-shirt.

That's pretty much what he wrote. Thanks for the translation into duck
    You’re correct. Probably quoted the wrong guy.

Was still fun to write though.

• Options
    edited January 2020

Only if you don’t quit fucking around on the internet and get busy mowing my lawn
  • Options

Only if you don’t quit fucking around on the internet and guy busy mowing my lawn
    English in the forum please.

Also, if this is @oregonblitzkrieg , and I suspect it is, this is a new level of cowardice. Show yourself man!
  • Options

Only if you don’t quit fucking around on the internet and guy busy mowing my lawn

Also, if this is @oregonblitzkrieg , and I suspect it is, this is a new level of cowardice. Show yourself man!
    el criado cree que es gente
  • Options

Not well done.

Also, we still know you're a racist POS.

But welcome back!
  • Options

Not well done.

But welcome back!
    ¿alguna vez consideraste que podría tratarse de un moreno?
  • Options

Not well done.

But welcome back!
    ¿alguna vez consideraste que podría tratarse de un moreno?
    I only speak American.
  • Options
    la ironía está muerta, como fútbol de Miami
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm sure Herbert was frustrating but he went 12 and 2 and won the Rose Bowl

Tui was more productive but just as brain locked at times

Herbert ran like Tui yesterday. Might have been the missing ingredient. Same against Utah

Mario wants a tough running team. Pretty sure he tells Arroyo that.

We thought Browning would be easy to replace with a big dick gunslinger

Quarterback is a win position. Fuck stats

Hubert's biggest issue is how he reacts in a collapsing pocket. Which is the issue with 99% of the QBs not in some kind of hall of fame. It's what separates the good from the great. It's not a mobility thing necessarily either. Jake Browning was 10X as mobile as Dan Marino ... it's the little steps. Do you step into the little spaces where you can buy yourself another second or do you do the other thing?

Yesterday, he turned a 2nd and short to 3rd and forever by taking a sack he just didn't need to take. He's a fucking senior ... throw the ball away and it's 3rd and 2, not 3rd and 11. He does something like that in every game. What are you going to do? He is who he is. Not nearly as retarded as Brownsocks - few are - but still not great in that aspect of the game.\

I think otherwise he gets too much shit for his throws ... kid has had a lot of drops in his career at Oregon and has made many big-league throws IMO. I think he'll wind up holding a clip board in the NFL.
    Have you ever seen Eason with a collapsing pocket? Herbert was way better than he was at moving around and feeling pressure.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Wait, is OBK on vacation?

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    What? My step mother is Mexican. Reported
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Wisky was PSU two years ago. Same running back story and everything.

No. That Penn State had way more talent. Better QB, better TE, better WR’s.

Both had great RB’s but Barkley was one of the fastest players in the country at 230 pounds.

No team can afford all those turnovers, but that is especially true for a team that doesn’t throw the ball well.
    Let's dig into this a little.

First, it's a little disingenuous to glibly reference Wisky as a "4-loss team". I know you didn't, but someone else did. Penn State was a 2-loss team in 2017, but didn't have to play Ohio State twice because they weren't in the conference championship game, and the fourth loss would have been to Washington, except it wasn't. Wisky had to play OSU twice, and lost the Rose Bowl because they weren't playing Washington.

Second, IDR care how fast Barkeley was; Taylor is one of the most prolific running backs in cfb history. #s don't lie. Facts. Boom. 'nuff said.

Next, let's examine this claim of a much better QB:

McSorley in 2017: 284 427 3,570 12.6 85 66.5 28 10 162.4 (attempts, completions, yards, average, long, completion %, TDs, Ints, Rating)
    Coan in 2019: 195 271 2,307 8.5 70 72.3 17 4 161.6 (same order)

Much better? I'd say an offense with a different approach to playing. McSorley threw it WAY more than Coan. It's hard to just say McSorley was much better. In 2018, McSorley's #s were far different when he didn't put it up nearly as often (from 284 attempts to 192, closer to what Coan threw this year).

In terms of much better talent overall, on what basis? Do you actually know this? Things like this are easy to say. But I'm guessing it's not really true.

Lastly, the claim of a much better defense. Let's compare the only measure that matters: points allowed.

Penn State 2017: 214 points surrendered. Wisky 2019: 237 points surrendered, including two games against Ohio State against one for Penn State.

I don't blame you. Wisky is annually amongst the most criminally underchinned programs in the country. People forget about them until they start racking up wins and everybody assumes they're just a bunch of try-hard cheese head white guys. Their NFL production tells a much different story.

Let's face it. The comparison of 2019 Wisky and 2017 PSU is close enough to shut down the doogery. Creep prevails once again. That's the only point here. Doogs like Gladdy grasping at straws, which is sad af.