Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Story tim with Swaye....

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I am praying for death.

The struggle has only begun.

Your kids only get exposed to what you choose the first 4 years or so. Choose wisely.
    Oh really? Let them go to a friends house and get introduced to Blippi when you’re not paying attention.
    Under four my kids aren't getting a lot of unsupervised screen time at other friends houses.

1. Bc who knows what people know about as far as parental controls, YouTube, etc. You start watching baby shark and YouTube autoplay has you watching furries after 4-5 videos.
    2. We also are some of the first of our friends to have kids so we have a limited peer group as is. Father in law is the most likely culprit to give her garbage and I've seriously considered setting up parental controls while he's watching her. We've staved off such notables as Frozen, bubble guppies, & paw patrol.

FWIW my family currently watches the mandalorian together. We play her lots of studio ghibli and "classic" kids films along with some other stuff like the original star wars trilogy. Currently in a toy story phase. Previously the new animated spider verse which was good in it's own right.

I don't think the content makes a huge difference in her education but it sure as hell makes a difference in my wife and I's quality of life and ability to enjoy a movie with her. We can sit on the couch together and watch Toy story 3 but there's no way in hell I'd stand watching an episode of doc mcstuffins for even 5 minutes.

How's she ever going to know the difference though unless we expose her? And even then, just don't make it available. They'll get the fuck over whining for the wiggles ten minutes into howls moving castle. One's intolerable while the other is at least coherent content.

Ok, I think I'll go drown myself in the hot tub with a white Russian after writing those paragraphs out.

*gurgle
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I read your story to my wife. She laughed and thinks you're a great writer. Congrats. Fucking best HH poster ever!
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I read your story to my wife. She laughed and thinks you're a great writer. Congrats. Fucking best HH poster ever!

Hey @DuckHHunterisafag, tell your wife I said “hello”. ;)
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hey @DuckHHunterisafag, tell your wife I said “hello”. ;)
    My wife said to tell you @Doog_de_Jour that you’ll be hearing from her lawyer soon.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I highly recommend Phineas and Ferb when the tyke is old enough. It's actually not that bad.

Beavis and Butthead. May as well acquaint them with the real world.
    Archer, by 5 years, if you ever want her to appreciate the wonder and appeal of Cocaine.

What?
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2019
    Swaye said:

I was watching The Expendables in the middle of the night because who needs sleep and I let little FRANNY watch it with me. Her eyes aren't open but I am pretty sure she liked it anyway. Her steady diet of Predator begins tonight. None of you will want to date my daughter one day because she will kick your ass.

Great pick with PREDATOR. One of my favs. Mine loved the movie when they were little, watched it over and over and over...

• BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Any parent that has a screen time prohibition is FS. We'd be divorced already if it wasn't for the miracle of TV babysitter.

Screen time even my wife the pro uses. We try to keep it limited but it makes it that much more effective when she does get it.
    I have three. The one who just got accepted into a PhD program for maff watched Teletubbies and loved it. Teletubbies. If you ever watched 2 minutes of that shit you'd know what I mean. Spooky weird. This one:

She managed to survive.

Creepy Tim advice for the day: don't try too hard with your kids. It won't really make that much of a difference either way. They are resilient af and will survive and thrive despite your worst parental mistakes; and they're not going to MIT or playing for the DAWGS! if their DNA coding doesn't say so. Life's beautiful and life's a bitch. Boffe.

I still have nightmares about those creepy fucks. My daughters played that show on loop. And my oldest is graduating this spring with a double major in physics and environmental science. Creep's right, it really doesn't matter all that much.
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Baseball dads are awful. I hear Hockey dads are even worse. Soccer parents of all genders are generally too stupid for their own good, and LaCrosse parents? I don't know many. By design. But the few I do know are completely fucking insufferable and can't admit they took up LaCrosse because it's the the only sport white enough for Jimmy to get playing time on the field in.

Kids take up LaCrosse in the spring these days because they sucked at Baseball and weren't fast enough to run track. Most of the kids that play the sport in my area tend to be over privileged white kids who aren't very athletic.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

Baseball dads are awful. I hear Hockey dads are even worse. Soccer parents of all genders are generally too stupid for their own good, and LaCrosse parents? I don't know many. By design. But the few I do know are completely fucking insufferable and can't admit they took up LaCrosse because it's the the only sport white enough for Jimmy to get playing time on the field in.

Kids take up LaCrosse in the spring these days because they sucked at Baseball and weren't fast enough to run track. Most of the kids that play the sport in my area tend to be over privileged white kids who aren't very athletic.
    Dudes. @GrundleStiltzkin is gonna go full LMC is unless you quit bashing LAX.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BayDawg said:

Any parent that has a screen time prohibition is FS. We'd be divorced already if it wasn't for the miracle of TV babysitter.

Screen time even my wife the pro uses. We try to keep it limited but it makes it that much more effective when she does get it.
    I have three. The one who just got accepted into a PhD program for maff watched Teletubbies and loved it. Teletubbies. If you ever watched 2 minutes of that shit you'd know what I mean. Spooky weird. This one:

She managed to survive.

Creepy Tim advice for the day: don't try too hard with your kids. It won't really make that much of a difference either way. They are resilient af and will survive and thrive despite your worst parental mistakes; and they're not going to MIT or playing for the DAWGS! if their DNA coding doesn't say so. Life's beautiful and life's a bitch. Boffe.

I still have nightmares about those creepy fucks. My daughters played that show on loop. And my oldest is graduating this spring with a double major in physics and environmental science. Creep's right, it really doesn't matter all that much.
    My kid - the one who liked this show - graduated last spring with a double major in physics and astro.

Maybe the teletubbies thing was good somehow? Who knew?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

She managed to survive.

My kid - the one who liked this show - graduated last spring with a double major in physics and astro.

No. It was the row boat character building.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

BayDawg said:

She managed to survive.

I just hope @creepycoug you aren't the kind of man who includes a letter with the Feliz Navidad card bragging about the kids. The non-aggression pact of 2017 might become null and void.
    We actually didn't send out cards this year, and when we do, no letter.

The whole enterprise has become quite stupid. I don't have a social media presence of any kind either. I'm old school. You either know me or you don't.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    FireCohen said:

I thought this was going certified classic. Then piss snow chimes in with genetics and how ones should not do spend too much on athletics and all. If it keeps the kids busy - it’s good isn’t??

@Swaye i got no advice for you regarding parenting. One thing I know, it is not for the weak and no running away from this (unless you are complete POS). America depends on you a growing a somewhat a well adjusted woman. Good luck and may god have mercy on your soul

Honestly I couldnt make any sense of this unintelligible gibberish
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited December 2019
    Mad_Son said:

I highly recommend Phineas and Ferb when the tyke is old enough. It's actually not that bad.

Beavis and Butthead. May as well acquaint them with the real world.
    If you let your kid go to CUOG they will marry Beavis?
    There are so many shitty universities out there, there is really no reason even for reject children to attend WSU or UO.
    The cuog chicks are hotter and down af you virgin