Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Story tim with Swaye....

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,085
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

I highly recommend Phineas and Ferb when the tyke is old enough. It's actually not that bad.

Beavis and Butthead. May as well acquaint them with the real world.
    If you let your kid go to CUOG they will marry Beavis?
    There are so many shitty universities out there, there is really no reason even for reject children to attend WSU or UO.
    The cuog chicks are hotter and down af you virgin
    ASU was actually one of the places that came to my mind when I was thinking of alternate shit schools.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,262
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

BayDawg said:

Baseball dads are awful. I hear Hockey dads are even worse. Soccer parents of all genders are generally too stupid for their own good, and LaCrosse parents? I don't know many. By design. But the few I do know are completely fucking insufferable and can't admit they took up LaCrosse because it's the the only sport white enough for Jimmy to get playing time on the field in.

Kids take up LaCrosse in the spring these days because they sucked at Baseball and weren't fast enough to run track. Most of the kids that play the sport in my area tend to be over privileged white kids who aren't very athletic.
    Dudes. @GrundleStiltzkin is gonna go full LMC is unless you quit bashing LAX.
    Grundle’s disdain for LAX haters is a surprising revelation of this thread
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    After reading some of this, it's safe to say, I will never have kids....Life is so simple in the basement
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

BayDawg said:

Baseball dads are awful. I hear Hockey dads are even worse. Soccer parents of all genders are generally too stupid for their own good, and LaCrosse parents? I don't know many. By design. But the few I do know are completely fucking insufferable and can't admit they took up LaCrosse because it's the the only sport white enough for Jimmy to get playing time on the field in.

Kids take up LaCrosse in the spring these days because they sucked at Baseball and weren't fast enough to run track. Most of the kids that play the sport in my area tend to be over privileged white kids who aren't very athletic.
    I thought you were row boat guy?

And dont go full retard, never go full retard.gif
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    BayDawg said:

This was very true in Washington. Nobody that was any good at another sport played lacrosse.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

I thought you were row boat guy?

And dont go full retard, never go full retard.gif
    I am. Just pointing out that Grumble is #1 youth LAX guy of the bored.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

whlinder said:

So for Grumble, 100% true story from a NYE party last night. Ran in to a couple we used to be close friends with but have rarely seen in the past ~3 years. Their daughter and our daughter also used to be close friends but drifted apart. They are still in the same grade at the same school, HS freshmen this year. No hard feelings, just kids being kids. Their kid went with lacrosse as her sport. We've heard she's pretty good, and her older sister and cousins also played it.

Asking the dad how much he golfs, cause we used to golf together, he says he hasn't played golf in 3 years. Always something with LAX on the weekend. Complaining about tournaments in the Carolinas and other places. Said he just booked $1500 in hotel rooms for 3 big tournaments in the summer and had to do that now because the costs are even worse closer to it.
    I'm just like, oh man, that stinks, we only had 2 of those for tennis this past year.

Then he proceeds to show me a recruiting video made for the girl which is on YouTube. Showing highlights of her in tournaments. The girl just turned 15 years old and has not played a single minute of high school varsity LAX since it is a spring sport.

If that is the girl's passion and she loves it, ok, cool, that's really awesome she found it and has the talent and her family has the means to support it. A recruiting video prior to your freshman season??? Come the fuck on, that's all on the parents.

I finally figured out that in the context of this thread that LAX is lacrosse and not an airport in Los Angeles.

Which makes me worry about the number of lacrosse insiders we have here.
    Stick to chess @Mad_Son
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

So for Grumble, 100% true story from a NYE party last night. Ran in to a couple we used to be close friends with but have rarely seen in the past ~3 years. Their daughter and our daughter also used to be close friends but drifted apart. They are still in the same grade at the same school, HS freshmen this year. No hard feelings, just kids being kids. Their kid went with lacrosse as her sport. We've heard she's pretty good, and her older sister and cousins also played it.

Asking the dad how much he golfs, cause we used to golf together, he says he hasn't played golf in 3 years. Always something with LAX on the weekend. Complaining about tournaments in the Carolinas and other places. Said he just booked $1500 in hotel rooms for 3 big tournaments in the summer and had to do that now because the costs are even worse closer to it.
    I'm just like, oh man, that stinks, we only had 2 of those for tennis this past year.

Then he proceeds to show me a recruiting video made for the girl which is on YouTube. Showing highlights of her in tournaments. The girl just turned 15 years old and has not played a single minute of high school varsity LAX since it is a spring sport.

If that is the girl's passion and she loves it, ok, cool, that's really awesome she found it and has the talent and her family has the means to support it. A recruiting video prior to your freshman season??? Come the fuck on, that's all on the parents.

Row boat is the best HS sport of all time. I wish I did it. 5 or 6 races in spring. A few in the fall. That’s it. No recruiting videos. Put a good 2 k score on record and call it good. Physics is physics.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:

Row boat is the best HS sport of all time. I wish I did it. 5 or 6 races in spring. A few in the fall. That’s it. No recruiting videos. Put a good 2 k score on record and call it good. Physics is physics.
    Genetics is genetics, either have it or not
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

We haven't done select ball for years, for the reasons above. And lacrosse recruiting is way grosser than football. Quite easily.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

whlinder said:

Genetics is genetics, either have it or not
    That’s what I said. Molecules are laws of physics.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,262
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

I also really like that you don't have to start at age 3 to be good. You can pick it up in HS or college and be good because physics is physics.

The one problem with row boat is the amount of infrastructure and support required for it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

I also really like that you don't have to start at age 3 to be good. You can pick it up in HS or college and be good because physics is physics.

The one problem with row boat is the amount of infrastructure and support required for it.
    It also discriminated against kids like me that went to HS in arid regions.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

That's the best part (only?) about soccer, requires next to nothing to play. Good compromise is rugby.