Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

This is the doog content I'm here for. Need to fire up my alt @JohnDonovanisGod to spread the gospel in advance of us laying an egg at Cal.

Do Puka and Spiker have long-term injuries? I thought I heard they were pretty minor and both would be playing relatively soon.
    Sounds like Puka is expected back "soonish" but its also a nagging injury which is never good. Spiker was described as "hobbling around". The guy said, though, that WR is not a worry even without those guys. The fact that there is no separation between qbs at this point is the only glaring issue
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

@CallMeBigErn you posted this on doogman, didn’t you...
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:
    Still the best slot corner/safety high school film I've ever seen. Chubbs Petersen (RIP) would salivate over his swivel hips, especially at the 1:25 mark. CANNOT WAIT for him to flash now that he's healthy. Favorite recruit in the 2018 class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5I5gDoD880
    Back when we weren’t competing with OSU-Corvallis and Fresno St. for DBs.
    That’s worrying.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,983
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020

@CallMeBigErn you posted this on doogman, didn’t you...

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Or he's just keeping the competition going. Not concerned about this quote whatsoever.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020

Woof said:

This is the doog content I'm here for. Need to fire up my alt @JohnDonovanisGod to spread the gospel in advance of us laying an egg at Cal.

Do Puka and Spiker have long-term injuries? I thought I heard they were pretty minor and both would be playing relatively soon.
    Sounds like Puka is expected back "soonish" but its also a nagging injury which is never good. Spiker was described as "hobbling around". The guy said, though, that WR is not a worry even without those guys. The fact that there is no separation between qbs at this point is the only glaring issue
    Woof said:

Woof said:

The doog take here is that we obviously have a QB room that rivals the '82 Hurricanes (Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde and Mark Richt). That's why they're having a tough time separating.

In reality, we probably have:
    - Turnover prone physical specimen (Sirmon)
    - Slippery veteran who has a low ceiling (Thomson)
    - Jake Haener 2.0 (Morris)
    - A wildly inconsistent newcomer (Garbers)

I'm all in for Husky football!

I feel like this is all just further confirmation that Huard will be starting for day one.

The coaching staff tried to bring in Newman, Costello, and ultimately Thompson. No one is separating themselves in the competition. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson takes the job for the season because he is mobile, has experience, and can take some of the pressure off the new o-line.

If Sirmon, Garbers, and Morris can’t separate from each other now, I don’t see how they will hold off Huard.

Stone cold lead pipe lock
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

Man I can't wait to lose to Cal again
    This. The sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable doog sadness are going to be extra tasty after we shit the bed on November 7th.

Also, the non-stop use of 'aggressive' and 'attack mode' is already fucking tiresome. Unfortunately the aggressive/attack mode ethos doesn't extend to Jimmy when it comes to staffing and recruiting.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    Explosive, pro style, wildcat.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    Between our WRs and DB groups both apparently ripping it up but our QBs sucking I’m having a hard time envisioning who is actually winning in scrimmages between passing and pass defense.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Or he's just keeping the competition going. Not concerned about this quote whatsoever.
    Homie, it means they don't have a QB worth shit right now. If you're playing more than one you ain't got none, or something along those lines. - Race Bannon
  • Options
    Founders Club

Homie, it means they don't have a QB worth shit right now. If you're playing more than one you ain't got none, or something along those lines. - Race Bannon
    It might mean that but it also might not. Some read into these things too much. It could just be gamesmanship. I'll believe it when I see someone suck asshole on Nov 7th.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

It might mean that but it also might not. Some read into these things too much. It could just be gamesmanship. I'll believe it when I see someone suck asshole on Nov 7th.
    Get pics please
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Why is everyone taking Jimmy at his word here? He’s not gonna tip his hand about this when he’s trying to surprise cal.