Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Reading the Cliffs Notes of the Will Harris presser and holy shit, that guy fielded a ton of questions by saying absolutely nothing. His responses were like a kid called on in class who didn't do his homework and is trying to fudge answers.

"Will, how are Asa and Cam doing compared to last year?"
    "Well, last year they were freshmen and they are working hard and competing"
    "Will, how is Kyler Gordan looking?"
    "He is competing and learning"
    "Will, can you comment on going up against some of these young receivers?"
    "Well, there's a lot of competition there...uh...guys are learning....and competing....and uh...playing football"

No wonder he connects to recruits so well

Will Harris is a certified dummy. That'd be fine and well, but he still hasn't done shit on the recruiting trail.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,097
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:
    Still the best slot corner/safety high school film I've ever seen. Chubbs Petersen (RIP) would salivate over his swivel hips, especially at the 1:25 mark. CANNOT WAIT for him to flash now that he's healthy. Favorite recruit in the 2018 class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5I5gDoD880
    The secondary is going to be fucking stupid this year if Julius and Kyler reach their potential.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    not that it matters, but Holiday is where Palm has had UW slotted for the past few weeks.
    https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions/
    Holiday Bowl TBA San Diego, Calif.
    Virginia Tech vs. Washington
  • Options
    BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    There has been almost zero coverage or talk of Sirmon, but lots of Thompson...
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

There has been almost zero coverage or talk of Sirmon, but lots of Thompson...

On the Jimmy Lake show, he praised Thomson and Morris quite a bit. Re: Sirmon he said he's made some big plays and some mistakes. Read into that what you will
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

/wrespect
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

This is the doog content I'm here for. Need to fire up my alt @JohnDonovanisGod to spread the gospel in advance of us laying an egg at Cal.

Do Puka and Spiker have long-term injuries? I thought I heard they were pretty minor and both would be playing relatively soon.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,097
    Founders Club