Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Why is everyone taking Jimmy at his word here? He’s not gonna tip his hand about this when he’s trying to surprise cal.

• WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

Why is everyone taking Jimmy at his word here? He’s not gonna tip his hand about this when he’s trying to surprise cal.

I would normally agree with you, but this information that none of them are standing out is coming from a player's dad (or something like that), not Jimmy.

While I hate the practice of playing multiple guys in specific games, I also think coaches are generally stupid and they often make bad decisions when its a close decision. Ideally we would see these guys against Sac State or Hawaii instead of Cal, but one guy will step up and prove it in a game, or they won't. EWIWBI
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

I would normally agree with you, but this information that none of them are standing out is coming from a player's dad (or something like that), not Jimmy.

While I hate the practice of playing multiple guys in specific games, I also think coaches are generally stupid and they often make bad decisions when its a close decision. Ideally we would see these guys against Sac State or Hawaii instead of Cal, but one guy will step up and prove it in a game, or they won't. EWIWBI
    Just my own theory but I think they were planning on Sirmon being the guy but he has been too sloppy with decision making so now they are trying to figure out which if the other 3 will be the best game manager
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Does anybody really think it’s not gonna be Thomson?
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Woof said:

Just my own theory but I think they were planning on Sirmon being the guy but he has been too sloppy with decision making so now they are trying to figure out which if the other 3 will be the best game manager
    Simon seemed like the pretty clear #2 last year after Haener transferred. I assume that they got Sirmon to stick around by telling him that he would be the guy after Eason did his 1 and done. Fuck Pete for not giving him more game time in mop up duties. QB decision making is not something that improved in a Peterman offense and Sirmon was mistake prone to begin with.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Does anybody really think it’s not gonna be Thomson?

I think the staff likes him because he has good running ability, maturity, and extensive game experience, albeit at a lower level. Who can actually manage a full game at QB?

I don't see Sirmon as a guy you just throw out there against Cal in his first start.

• BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    Bread said:
    Ready to rumble! Kevin “White Mamba” Thompson is ready to command the dawgs to a 13-9 loss to Cal
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

2016 offensive was dominated in spring and fall practice by the defense.

l

Said this in another thread. It is my sliver of hope.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:
    i thought ahmed plays for the dolphins now
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

2016 offensive was dominated in spring and fall practice by the defense.

l

lol, but that defense was legit. we led the nation in take aways that year.