Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thank you Chris Petersen

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,371 Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

Baseman said:

Love me some Peterman

He will excel wherever he decides to go upon opportunity.

Was too much pressure up up there I guess and needed a break.

#gofishingpete
    Pressue? Thats the least of his worries.

His life revolved around football for 30 years. He worked one thousand times harder running a program than you will ever work in your life.

That is a 24/7 365 job. Your family life suffers. You can barely take a vacation. You dont get to pursue other hobbies. You dont ever get to fucking relax.

I get the desire to do something else. I could never be that dedicated to something
    Some think there must be more to it, when the reality is people get sick of their jobs and make career changes all the time. He’s gone 30 years with very little free time. He doesn’t need the money. He’s already rich. Why do something that you are no longer enjoying?

The guy wants some time off and not to have to talk about offensive scheme and what coordinator he’s going to hire with Damon Huard every other day. I can’t fault him for that.

I love Peterman because he’s a normal, level headed guy in a profession full of idiots.
    It's all relative, but that's what puts me to sleep about him. He had a little edge, which when flashed made me like him. The gifs are gold. But that faux Oxford shit makes me yawn.

I like corches who inspire soft Bay Area phaggots like Bill Walsh to call them mercenaries. You know you're winning when your opponents hate you ever loving guts.

Which is why Jimmy Johnson is my all-timer.
    Miami take if ever I heard one.

Don't disagree.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,937

SECDAWG said:

Baseman said:

Love me some Peterman

He will excel wherever he decides to go upon opportunity.

Was too much pressure up up there I guess and needed a break.

#gofishingpete
    Pressue? Thats the least of his worries.

His life revolved around football for 30 years. He worked one thousand times harder running a program than you will ever work in your life.

That is a 24/7 365 job. Your family life suffers. You can barely take a vacation. You dont get to pursue other hobbies. You dont ever get to fucking relax.

I get the desire to do something else. I could never be that dedicated to something
    Some think there must be more to it, when the reality is people get sick of their jobs and make career changes all the time. He’s gone 30 years with very little free time. He doesn’t need the money. He’s already rich. Why do something that you are no longer enjoying?

The guy wants some time off and not to have to talk about offensive scheme and what coordinator he’s going to hire with Damon Huard every other day. I can’t fault him for that.

I love Peterman because he’s a normal, level headed guy in a profession full of idiots.
    It's all relative, but that's what puts me to sleep about him. He had a little edge, which when flashed made me like him. The gifs are gold. But that faux Oxford shit makes me yawn.

I like corches who inspire soft Bay Area phaggots like Bill Walsh to call them mercenaries. You know you're winning when your opponents hate you ever loving guts.

Which is why Jimmy Johnson is my all-timer.
    Miami take if ever I heard one.

Don't disagree.
    Damn straight ese.

Pearly white toothy grin white guy who has frat boy social skillz make my dick soft.

Give me someone with a fucking personality and a heart beat who doesn't hide that they want to win more than they want to visit their mom on her birthday. Give me Urbs. Give me Jimmy. Give me someone who doesn't care that it's really hard to compete at the top. Someone who doesn't like boating during the season.

I'll take a shit talker all day; they just gotta back it up.

Hope he never coaches again because I would be weird and jealous if he did.

Too bad this place didn't exist during the Neuheisal years. Those were fun. At least Petersen got UW back to the top 10 like neuheisal has them. (Petersen was at least a me to beat Ricks win % buy a couple 1/1000th).

I'd prefer a rose bowl win, but at least Petersen made an appearance in Pasadena Even though he wasn't there excited for the game, it was nice to there.

Can someone translate this please?
    I can.

Pete = Rick without a Rosebowl win.
    Yes and no. Pete left things in better shape than Neu did.
    You don't quite know that yet Stalin.

Handing the linebacker-less program over to Jimmy Lake Ballz might prove to the be the biggest mistake this side of Gilby's fat ass.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,302 Founders Club

Too bad this place didn't exist during the Neuheisal years. Those were fun. At least Petersen got UW back to the top 10 like neuheisal has them. (Petersen was at least a me to beat Ricks win % buy a couple 1/1000th).

I'd prefer a rose bowl win, but at least Petersen made an appearance in Pasadena Even though he wasn't there excited for the game, it was nice to there.

I can.

Handing the linebacker-less program over to Jimmy Lake Ballz might prove to the be the biggest mistake this side of Gilby's fat ass.
    not your best effort
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I can.

Yeah. 8-5 > 7-6
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Youre being a doog Damone

Ya hate to see it

The marinerization of the huskies is complete.

I miss Washington dammit
    Wishing for the days of beating 8-4 Purdue is the definition of a fucking Mariners fan being happy to just be in the running for the playoffs

Hth
    12-1, winning the conference when it was still an accomplishment, a rose bowl win and one of the top rankings in school history vs "we kept it close for a half". Did you get a "We scored first Champion" peach bowl shirt?

It's the difference between playing in the World Series or winning 116 games.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Damien would have been happy if the 2016 team missed the plYoffs and

Ya hate to see it

I miss Washington dammit
    Wishing for the days of beating 8-4 Purdue is the definition of a fucking Mariners fan being happy to just be in the running for the playoffs

Hth
    12-1, winning the conference when it was still an accomplishment, a rose bowl win and one of the top rankings in school history vs "we kept it close for a half". Did you get a "We scored first Champion" peach bowl shirt?

Beating 8-4 Purdue isn’t the World Series.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Damien would have been happy if the 2016 team missed the plYoffs and

Ya hate to see it

I miss Washington dammit

Hth

Beating 8-4 Purdue isn’t the World Series.
    Shitty analogy, but the playoffs is the world series.
  • dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    I remember when real DaWgs weren’t just happy the “be there.”

Make sense?

DaWg SENSE!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,878 Swaye's Wigwam

I can.

I like my shit talkers to buy a round of beers for their frens @creepycoug .

I can.

not your best effort
    Don't you bury my post Stalin.

Leave it up and we shall see.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    Don't let him fool you. Petersen was always about the money. He's a goal driven guy and had a target value set for retirement. He could have stayed in Boise for 15+ years or go to UW and get it done in 6. Pretty simple decision and he got it done. Good for him.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,878 Swaye's Wigwam

I can.

not your best effort
    Don't you bury my post Stalin.

Leave it up and we shall see.
    Stalin doesn't bury poasts. Vanilla's shit take algorithm does.

This is the most fucking anal tard cake debate of all time. Ricky's game day corching in 2000 bested anything that Pete did for us. But Pete's overall program building skillz (at multiple programs) crush anything Rick was capable of. For the love of Pete, let's try and keep this objective.

In the words of Race Parcells: you are what your record says you are.

Rose Bowl Wins

Rick - 1

Toothy Frat Boy - 0

Cooked.