Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But how is the media leftist partisan hacks?

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    edited December 2019
    SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

Your collective insistence on focusing narrowly on Fox News is as silly as your insistence on focusing narrowly on a supposed transcript

it's a lot larger than that

but it doesn't fit your narrowtive

like I said, good talk as always, let's have the same damn convo later

Yeah how dare they focus on Fox News.

Been thinking a lot about why Trump will survive impeachment when Nixon didn’t. For 20+ years Fox News (and rightwing talk radio) has told GOP voters that Democrats are evil. As lawless as Trump is, Republicans believe Dems are worse. That’s the power of propaganda.

Yes, absolutely. But it goes beyond Fox News. This story can be traced back to the creation of right-wing think tanks, which were founded for the explicit purpose of helping conservatives win the "war of ideas", as former Reagan adviser Murray Weidenbaum once said. 1/

Conservative think-tanks arose from the expectation that conservative ideas deserve the same weight as objective facts. When that didn't happen, conservatives cried "liberal bias" and went off & created their own echo-chambers, with think-tanks as the foundation. 2/

Conservative think-tanks exist to produce ideologically-driven "research" and partisan "knowledge". When the media did not give this "knowledge" the same weight as objective facts, conservatives created their own sources of media to disseminate this partisan information. 3/

Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts. 4/

In doing so, they not only undermined public trust in shared sources of knowledge -- they poisoned our political process by making it impossible to even agree upon a shared set of facts. How can you debate an issue if one side won't even acknowledge that objective facts exist? 5/

Fox News is the vehicle for this partisan information, and they've contributed to the problem far more than any other right-wing media outlet. But ultimately, this is about more than Fox News -- it's about an asymmetric relationship with knowledge producing institutions. 6/

Fox News is successful because of a 50+ year campaign promoting ideological rigidity, hyperpartisanship, & disregard for objective truths as core conservative values. There now exists an entire ecosystem to produce, disseminate, and promote right-wing propaganda as "facts". 7/

And yes, there are left-leaning think tanks and media outlets. But there's nothing comparable to the conservative ecosystem. They literally created an alternative knowledge-producing mechanism & media infrastructure because mainstream media was too objective. 8/
    Sledog

you needed some help

it's almost like you only see what you want to see

almost
    Temecula keybored jockey whines about people who know more than he does, those fucking experts

BearsWiin said:

Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"What do we really know anyway? So Race's feelings are as good as anybody's facts"

I can explain your whole fucking playbook from those three simple lines

Did you attain the typhus or the TDS first? Or simultaneously?

if the words were too big, you could always look them up
    It isn't my fault that you can't read
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Temecula keybored jockey whines about people who know more than he does, those fucking experts

There's another thread today about your experts lying for 20 years about Afghanistan

But they have nice resumes

Like Bob McNamara

When did Cal start churning out establishment hacks?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"What do we really know anyway? So Race's feelings are as good as anybody's facts"

I can explain your whole fucking playbook from those three simple lines

Did you attain the typhus or the TDS first? Or simultaneously?

if the words were too big, you could always look them up
    That wasn't the question.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Bears doesn't have balls. They were nailed to a plaque when he enrolled at Cal. That's a complete "no balls" zone.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    When did Cal start churning out establishment hacks?

Don’t let anyone tell you you’re slipping
    SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

Your collective insistence on focusing narrowly on Fox News is as silly as your insistence on focusing narrowly on a supposed transcript

Been thinking a lot about why Trump will survive impeachment when Nixon didn’t. For 20+ years Fox News (and rightwing talk radio) has told GOP voters that Democrats are evil. As lawless as Trump is, Republicans believe Dems are worse. That’s the power of propaganda.

Yes, absolutely. But it goes beyond Fox News. This story can be traced back to the creation of right-wing think tanks, which were founded for the explicit purpose of helping conservatives win the "war of ideas", as former Reagan adviser Murray Weidenbaum once said. 1/

Conservative think-tanks arose from the expectation that conservative ideas deserve the same weight as objective facts. When that didn't happen, conservatives cried "liberal bias" and went off & created their own echo-chambers, with think-tanks as the foundation. 2/

Conservative think-tanks exist to produce ideologically-driven "research" and partisan "knowledge". When the media did not give this "knowledge" the same weight as objective facts, conservatives created their own sources of media to disseminate this partisan information. 3/

Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts. 4/

In doing so, they not only undermined public trust in shared sources of knowledge -- they poisoned our political process by making it impossible to even agree upon a shared set of facts. How can you debate an issue if one side won't even acknowledge that objective facts exist? 5/

Fox News is the vehicle for this partisan information, and they've contributed to the problem far more than any other right-wing media outlet. But ultimately, this is about more than Fox News -- it's about an asymmetric relationship with knowledge producing institutions. 6/

Fox News is successful because of a 50+ year campaign promoting ideological rigidity, hyperpartisanship, & disregard for objective truths as core conservative values. There now exists an entire ecosystem to produce, disseminate, and promote right-wing propaganda as "facts". 7/

And yes, there are left-leaning think tanks and media outlets. But there's nothing comparable to the conservative ecosystem. They literally created an alternative knowledge-producing mechanism & media infrastructure because mainstream media was too objective. 8/
    Sledog

you needed some help

almost
    And it exactly like you whining like a bitch and posting a ridiculous screed against Fox News and then crying when people talk about Fox News.

Does your wife at least give you monthly visitation of your balls or is that not part of your arrangement either?
    Your incessant Kunt use and masculine insecurity rants tell me that your mother hated you

Your "I've been working since I was 13" shtick suggests that your father did, too

you must have been a horrible child
    edited December 2019
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

Sledog

you needed some help

almost
    And it exactly like you whining like a bitch and posting a ridiculous screed against Fox News and then crying when people talk about Fox News.

Does your wife at least give you monthly visitation of your balls or is that not part of your arrangement either?
    Your incessant Kunt use and masculine insecurity rants tell me that your mother hated you

Your "I've been working since I was 13" shtick suggests that your father did, too

you must have been a horrible child
    Sorry for the salty language does “Mother” not approve of that?

I wouldn’t expect a leech in his 40s-50s to understand the pride of being self reliant and paying your own way your entire life.

It would be as if I was trying to relate to the life lived by an aboriginal in the Amazon forest.
    Your first comment tells me that I'm probably right

Your second shows a profound ignorance of my work (some of which I know you've seen), and labor in general

but tell me again how self-worth needs to be tied to a paycheck, it's always good for a laugh

and you still can't read, alas
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

Your first comment tells me that I'm probably right

Your second shows a profound ignorance of my work (some of which I know you've seen), and labor in general

but tell me again how self-worth needs to be tied to a paycheck, it's always good for a laugh

and you still can't read, alas

Is your meatloaf that good? We'll have CD rate it.

Said like a guy who has lived off his wife for how many years now? 10? 15? What’s the father in-law think of this “self-worth” speech?

And what work you’ve done, from reading your boasting was what? 20 years ago? 25?

Your father in-law I’m sure thinks his daughter found a winner, a real go getter.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    SFGbob said:

Said like a guy who has lived off his wife for how many years now? 10? 15? What’s the father in-law think of this “self-worth” speech?

And what work you’ve done, from reading your boasting was what? 20 years ago? 25?

Your father in-law I’m sure thinks his daughter found a winner, a real go getter.

I wish I could live of my wife.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    I enjoy Tucker Carlson's confused look when he points out the obvious
    SFGbob said:

He understands and appreciates the contributions I've made on both the home and business fronts (yes, I do work there, no paycheck)

Both of her parents counseled us many years ago to take this course in our lives, so yeah, they're OK with it, thanks for asking

Talked to your parents lately?