Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But how is the media leftist partisan hacks?

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    In doing so, they not only undermined public trust in shared sources of knowledge -- they poisoned our political process by making it impossible to even agree upon a shared set of facts. How can you debate an issue if one side won't even acknowledge that objective facts exist?

Yeah, objective facts like Kavanaugh really did led a gang rape group and Blassey-Ford was a credible and powerful witness and Jussie Smollett really was attacked by MAGA hat wearing white racists.
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    The Leftist aphollogizers loosing badly in this thread.
    They refuse to admit they have been lied to time after time after time. And, they can't understand why the rest of the bored doesn't swallow like they have.
    It might be a pattern.....
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

Conservatives are stupid and easily misled by FOX NEWS while leftists are smart as shit and know what's best for you if you would only stop watching FOX NEWS you fucking idiots

The left controls Hollywood and the major over air networks, the internet, social media, most of cable news and yet those dumb fucking conservatives STILL won't do what we want thanks to FOX NEWS

Jesus Fucking Chryst

It’s almost like people flock to a news source that confirms their biases.

But Hollywood!

Fuck dude, listen to yourself. Crying about social media and Hollywood actors.
    No I'm not

I'm responding to someone crying about FOX NEWS

Like its 1999 all over again

True then, truer now

Willingly consume right wing shit for 20 years, and you can't be reasoned with because you don't even accept facts anymore

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

Conservatives are stupid and easily misled by FOX NEWS while leftists are smart as shit and know what's best for you if you would only stop watching FOX NEWS you fucking idiots

The left controls Hollywood and the major over air networks, the internet, social media, most of cable news and yet those dumb fucking conservatives STILL won't do what we want thanks to FOX NEWS

Jesus Fucking Chryst

But Hollywood!

No I'm not

True then, truer now

Willingly consume right wing shit for 20 years, and you can't be reasoned with because you don't even accept facts anymore

Facts like Russian collusion? You forget the only Russian collusion was between Hillary and the dems.
    edited December 2019
    case

in

poont

20 goto 10

this place is auce as usual
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

The MSM was complicit in this entire sham. They promoted the Russia collusion and every other single bullshit story. They do exactly what they were told to do and are lefty owned and run so they happily comply to mince forward comrade.

Funny when you see a conglomeration of clips from the MSM they all use the same lines word for word basically.

They do the bidding of the dems.

Funny when the president quotes your news source. That you don't care.

Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"The media sucks, they're all as bad as the shit I watch, both sides" yada yada

lather rinse repeat
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Jesus Fucking Chryst

But Hollywood!

No I'm not

True then, truer now

If you ever watched Tucker which is not a news show you'd possibly learn something about how you're being duped by the bullshit.

Tucker is more liberal than you are. So am I
    Somehow they confuse opinion programs like Tucker and Hannity as news. Must be the high priced college education.
    Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"What do we really know anyway? So Race's feelings are as good as anybody's facts"

I can explain your whole fucking playbook from those three simple lines
    BearsWiin said:

Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"What do we really know anyway? So Race's feelings are as good as anybody's facts"

I can explain your whole fucking playbook from those three simple lines

No you can't

Nobody runs from facts faster than you

I don't have a playbook. Interesting that you feel that. Accusing others of what you do

Fox News bashing is found by the wishbone in the playbook
    You seem upset that that twitter chick has you so well pegged
    If I was upset you might have a point

Nice factual counter argument on your part

You seem upset. Right
    "I'm not upset you're upset!"

"I'm not in a bubble you are!"

"I'm not projecting you are!"

good talk as always
    Grab a mirror

This is your show
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Existential crisis

Epistemic uncertainty

Distrust of institutions

"The media sucks, they're all as bad as the shit I watch, both sides" yada yada

lather rinse repeat

Lol I've never watched fox news in my life. Try harder.
    Your collective insistence on focusing narrowly on Fox News is as silly as your insistence on focusing narrowly on a supposed transcript

it's a lot larger than that

but it doesn't fit your narrowtive

like I said, good talk as always, let's have the same damn convo later
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    BearsWiin said:

Your collective insistence on focusing narrowly on Fox News is as silly as your insistence on focusing narrowly on a supposed transcript

it's a lot larger than that

but it doesn't fit your narrowtive

like I said, good talk as always, let's have the same damn convo later

Yeah how dare they focus on Fox News.

Been thinking a lot about why Trump will survive impeachment when Nixon didn’t. For 20+ years Fox News (and rightwing talk radio) has told GOP voters that Democrats are evil. As lawless as Trump is, Republicans believe Dems are worse. That’s the power of propaganda.

Yes, absolutely. But it goes beyond Fox News. This story can be traced back to the creation of right-wing think tanks, which were founded for the explicit purpose of helping conservatives win the "war of ideas", as former Reagan adviser Murray Weidenbaum once said. 1/

Conservative think-tanks arose from the expectation that conservative ideas deserve the same weight as objective facts. When that didn't happen, conservatives cried "liberal bias" and went off & created their own echo-chambers, with think-tanks as the foundation. 2/

Conservative think-tanks exist to produce ideologically-driven "research" and partisan "knowledge". When the media did not give this "knowledge" the same weight as objective facts, conservatives created their own sources of media to disseminate this partisan information. 3/

Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts. 4/

In doing so, they not only undermined public trust in shared sources of knowledge -- they poisoned our political process by making it impossible to even agree upon a shared set of facts. How can you debate an issue if one side won't even acknowledge that objective facts exist? 5/

Fox News is the vehicle for this partisan information, and they've contributed to the problem far more than any other right-wing media outlet. But ultimately, this is about more than Fox News -- it's about an asymmetric relationship with knowledge producing institutions. 6/

Fox News is successful because of a 50+ year campaign promoting ideological rigidity, hyperpartisanship, & disregard for objective truths as core conservative values. There now exists an entire ecosystem to produce, disseminate, and promote right-wing propaganda as "facts". 7/

And yes, there are left-leaning think tanks and media outlets. But there's nothing comparable to the conservative ecosystem. They literally created an alternative knowledge-producing mechanism & media infrastructure because mainstream media was too objective. 8/
    Sledog

TDS meltdown. Trump controls the world!