Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But how is the media leftist partisan hacks?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
Their job just to be inform. Now it’s cheerlead and influence.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    Been thinking a lot about why Trump will survive impeachment when Nixon didn’t. For 20+ years Fox News (and rightwing talk radio) has told GOP voters that Democrats are evil. As lawless as Trump is, Republicans believe Dems are worse. That’s the power of propaganda.

Yes, absolutely. But it goes beyond Fox News. This story can be traced back to the creation of right-wing think tanks, which were founded for the explicit purpose of helping conservatives win the "war of ideas", as former Reagan adviser Murray Weidenbaum once said. 1/

Conservative think-tanks arose from the expectation that conservative ideas deserve the same weight as objective facts. When that didn't happen, conservatives cried "liberal bias" and went off & created their own echo-chambers, with think-tanks as the foundation. 2/

Conservative think-tanks exist to produce ideologically-driven "research" and partisan "knowledge". When the media did not give this "knowledge" the same weight as objective facts, conservatives created their own sources of media to disseminate this partisan information. 3/

Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts. 4/

In doing so, they not only undermined public trust in shared sources of knowledge -- they poisoned our political process by making it impossible to even agree upon a shared set of facts. How can you debate an issue if one side won't even acknowledge that objective facts exist? 5/

Fox News is the vehicle for this partisan information, and they've contributed to the problem far more than any other right-wing media outlet. But ultimately, this is about more than Fox News -- it's about an asymmetric relationship with knowledge producing institutions. 6/

Fox News is successful because of a 50+ year campaign promoting ideological rigidity, hyperpartisanship, & disregard for objective truths as core conservative values. There now exists an entire ecosystem to produce, disseminate, and promote right-wing propaganda as "facts". 7/

And yes, there are left-leaning think tanks and media outlets. But there's nothing comparable to the conservative ecosystem. They literally created an alternative knowledge-producing mechanism & media infrastructure because mainstream media was too objective. 8/
    old men shouldn't cry so much
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts

Imagine how big a blind partisan hack you have to be in order to believe this garbage. Would you like for me to list for you just off the top of my head the number of times mainstream media treated partisan information as objective facts in the last few years? Are you fucking kidding me? Whatever source you got that garbage from is pushing more propaganda and bullshit than anything I've ever seen on Fox News.
    SFGbob said:

Now you know why the Kunt didn't provide his source:

you'd make a good intern
    BearsWiin said:

SFGbob said:

Now you know why the Kunt didn't provide his source:

you'd make a good intern
    And you make an excellent useful idiot and propagandist.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Conservatives are stupid and easily misled by FOX NEWS while leftists are smart as shit and know what's best for you if you would only stop watching FOX NEWS you fucking idiots

The left controls Hollywood and the major over air networks, the internet, social media, most of cable news and yet those dumb fucking conservatives STILL won't do what we want thanks to FOX NEWS

Jesus Fucking Chryst

It’s almost like people flock to a news source that confirms their biases.

But Hollywood!

Fuck dude, listen to yourself. Crying about social media and Hollywood actors.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Conservatives used this to create the narrative that the mainstream media is corrupted by "liberal bias" -- simply because mainstream media refused to treat partisan information as if it carried the same weight as objective facts

Imagine how big a blind partisan hack you have to be in order to believe this garbage. Would you like for me to list for you just off the top of my head the number of times mainstream media treated partisan information as objective facts in the last few years? Are you fucking kidding me? Whatever source you got that garbage from is pushing more propaganda and bullshit than anything I've ever seen on Fox News.

FOX was the only news source to get the Russian collusion lie correct. Virtually every single other source declared Trump guilty of treason and continually fed mind numbed rats a fake news stream. Then this ass hole bear comes on here trying to say that FOX News is filling peoples heads with shit? Can he be a bigger brain dead goose stepper? After 2 years of being fed lie after Russian collusion lie by 95% of the media, he is now being told by his news sources again that it is not them.

FFS some rats are too stupid to know when the shut the hell up.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam

Conservatives are stupid and easily misled by FOX NEWS while leftists are smart as shit and know what's best for you if you would only stop watching FOX NEWS you fucking idiots

The left controls Hollywood and the major over air networks, the internet, social media, most of cable news and yet those dumb fucking conservatives STILL won't do what we want thanks to FOX NEWS

Jesus Fucking Chryst

But Hollywood!

Because uhm, ya know, like that's where the younger crowd gets its "news".
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    I don’t seek out new sources that confirm my bias. I seek out new sources that report objective facts and I seek out the opinions of those I generally respect based on their education and life experience and track record of honesty. I watch very little of Fox News. Half of their staff are leftards or neverTrumpers. They lie and love to be lied to. Hannity and Levin have by far the best track record on the dems dishonest effort to impeach Trump. If I want to get the news on what’s going on I certainly don’t need to listen to Judge Judy on Fox. Nor Joe Schmo on MSNBC.
    Now Tommy and the hondobros love themselves some bias and lies. They just assume conservatives are the same. I don’t like to be lied to and I don’t lie to try and make my point. If I get something wrong – I’ll stand up and admit my mistakes. Trump lies. I don’t sit around and defend his lies. Hondobros spent months lying about Russian collusion and defending Schiff’s lies. They lied about the IG report. They defended Comey’s lies. They swallowed for PIPS and barry. They swallow for Biden. Tommy can seek out his confirmation bias because he enjoys lies. Just leave me out of it.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Jesus Fucking Chryst

But Hollywood!

No I'm not

I'm responding to someone crying about FOX NEWS

Like its 1999 all over again

I pointed out the advantages the left has and everyone still thinks they are full of shit

Be better or sit out with the bear
    Didn’t dare address my chef comment.

Telling.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    The MSM was complicit in this entire sham. They promoted the Russia collusion and every other single bullshit story. They do exactly what they were told to do and are lefty owned and run so they happily comply to mince forward comrade.

Funny when you see a conglomeration of clips from the MSM they all use the same lines word for word basically.

They do the bidding of the dems.

Jesus Fucking Chryst

But Hollywood!

What was your news source that told you the photo you posted was a hearing on abortion Tommy? Hell Tommy, you cried like a bitch triggered by old white guys to the point that you made up a complete load of crap about them holding a hearing to discuss abortion. Heal yourself first Kunt.