Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I saw manu and Wellington in there for really simple shit like run in a straight line directly at their quarterback.

I saw a lot of Ulo and Sirmon in there most do the game.

Blows it has to come against beavlet but I guess with all the pressure off Jimmy finally got over himself and changed some shit for the better.

It changed a while go, Manu has barely played the last few games and Wellington's snaps have decreased as well.
    I mean based on your comments it looks like this isn't just a "down year." It looks like recruiting is turning the program into a 7-9 win venture.
    I think a lot about the future will depend on what players come back, if Pete hires a real OC and who USC hires as a head coach but make no mistake about it, Washington is not hiring a coach better than Pete and i’m surprised some fans actually think that.
    SC is in the South. We can't even sniff our own division this year.

I agree that UW isn't hiring Urban but I disagree that they can't hire a coach better than Pete. If he can't win the conference in the next 2 seasons then he isn't a good coach by a lot of team's expectations in the Pac 12, not just UW's.
    I’m curious who do you think Washington could get to replace Pete that would be better than him?
    Mario Christobol.
    David Shaw.
    Mike Leach.
    Justin Wilcox.
    Kyle Whittingham.

Terry Stotts.
    This might just be the dumbest post I've ever read.
    The list is for sure the dumbest ever. JFC.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

pretty sad to hear that $$$ is an issue.

If I have my facts straight, FSU are paying Slick Willie 17 million to go away. And we are stressing over a $500,000
    buyout? If that is true it would be a stark indication of how small time we are.
    Compare ACC payout to PAC 12

We have a $100+ million dollar Adidas deal and we got 3 or so million from our TV deal. Who the hell is handling the money?

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Pete does not pick the starters or decide the rotations, the position coach makes those decisions. This god awful LB play falls on one man only and that is Bob Gregory. Not only did he do a poor job of recruiting, he did a terrible job getting the players ready to play. I just hope he doesn't ruin the young talent we have know that he was gifted.

Yet it seems his job is safe...Pete needs to sack up and be a man. If you can't fire your friends, don't fucking hire your friends

So we like to trust @sonics1993 until we don't like to trust him? Use your goofy little gif someplace else
    Um, I was agreeing with him. And with you, too.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993 random question but do you know of any players who have made it known to the coaches they plan on transferring/leaving the team.

Also, who do you think are the best bets to be our starting ILBs next year?

I know of some players considering it but only one I know for sure is gone. With the transfer portal, players don't have to tell the coaches anymore so coaches can be caught off guard just like the fans. To early to predict starting ILB next year with summer and fall practice still to go, along with off season workouts.
    @sonics1993 1 aside from Lowe or is he the one you are talking about?
    Different, the player is going to let the season finish before putting his name into the portal.
    Does his name rhyme with “Boston Foghorn”?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

doogville said:

Pete does not pick the starters or decide the rotations, the position coach makes those decisions. This god awful LB play falls on one man only and that is Bob Gregory. Not only did he do a poor job of recruiting, he did a terrible job getting the players ready to play. I just hope he doesn't ruin the young talent we have know that he was gifted.

Maybe the head coach — you know, the guy in charge of everything — should take even a passing interest in which players play.

Radical idea, I know.
    Don’t know of any head coach in college that picks starters or the rotation. This isn’t the the NFL, there is so much on the plate of a head coach that they don’t have time to full evaluate each position and pick who should start and how many plays each player should get.
    All Pete does is endlessly talk about how they put on the tape, evaluate guys in practice, etc.

I don’t need Pete to be micromanaging minutes played. But if he is half as good a coach and evaluator as he thinks he is, then it’s insane that he is not breaking down the linebackers with lake and kwat and saying something to the effect of “kyler manu is dogshit. Get him off the field and play the younger guys.”

This is like the bare minimum we should expect. If, after 4 losses, he’s not spending a TON of time talking with his coaches about positional talent and who is getting playing time vs who should, then run his ass.
    Of course he evaluates the tape and is in the meetings but it's really not that simple. It's easy to say Manu and Wellington suck but have you seen anything from Sirmon and MJ to over take them because they both have been playing quite a bit as well and they both have struggled as well. And the notion that we should even think about firing Pete is hilarious, in our down year we will probably win 8 games.
    Agree on Sirmon. Anyone that is clamoring for him now forgets how bad he really was earlier this year. He played worse than either Wellington or Manu against Cal.

That said, there was ample time after that game to get him going against weaker opponents.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    Is it just my imagination that is Eddie Fo Sho a long strider?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Is it just my imagination that is Eddie Fo Sho a long strider?

Sho Nuff
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:
    Junior Adams has recruited well, but if his unit sucks this bad next year, he should be next. I’m not impressed.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:
    Junior Adams has recruited well, but if his unit sucks this bad next year, he should be next. I’m not impressed.
    Totally agree
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I saw manu and Wellington in there for really simple shit like run in a straight line directly at their quarterback.

I saw a lot of Ulo and Sirmon in there most do the game.

Blows it has to come against beavlet but I guess with all the pressure off Jimmy finally got over himself and changed some shit for the better.

It changed a while go, Manu has barely played the last few games and Wellington's snaps have decreased as well.
    I mean based on your comments it looks like this isn't just a "down year." It looks like recruiting is turning the program into a 7-9 win venture.
    I think a lot about the future will depend on what players come back, if Pete hires a real OC and who USC hires as a head coach but make no mistake about it, Washington is not hiring a coach better than Pete and i’m surprised some fans actually think that.
    SC is in the South. We can't even sniff our own division this year.

I agree that UW isn't hiring Urban but I disagree that they can't hire a coach better than Pete. If he can't win the conference in the next 2 seasons then he isn't a good coach by a lot of team's expectations in the Pac 12, not just UW's.
    I’m curious who do you think Washington could get to replace Pete that would be better than him?
    Mario Christobol.
    David Shaw.
    Mike Leach.
    Justin Wilcox.
    Kyle Whittingham.

Terry Stotts.
    JFC stop bouncing ideas off your 9 year old son.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FirePete said:
    Im willing to give both him and Gregory one more year.

Damn near every position group just seems...disjointed this year
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:
    Im willing to give both him and Gregory one more year.

Damn near every position group just seems...disjointed this year
    I’m more than fine with firing Gregory, but if he stays next year, he will probably be fine. I don’t think he’s a horrible coach. At times he’s been pretty good.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Shoutout to Bob Gregory for Ulofoshio and Sirmons awesome development!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sirmon is developing. I was quick to be done with him because he was so bad against Cal. Gregory would actually deserve props for developing Sirmon. He does seem to be getting a lot better.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    Swaye's Wigwam

Erectile Dysfunction and Florida are football positions?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sirmon cut back a few pounds this offseason. I think he can be a solid player but a bit more quickness would help.