Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ULOFOSHIO

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

Pete does not pick the starters or decide the rotations, the position coach makes those decisions. This god awful LB play falls on one man only and that is Bob Gregory. Not only did he do a poor job of recruiting, he did a terrible job getting the players ready to play. I just hope he doesn't ruin the young talent we have know that he was gifted.

Maybe the head coach — you know, the guy in charge of everything — should take even a passing interest in which players play.

Radical idea, I know.
    Don’t know of any head coach in college that picks starters or the rotation. This isn’t the the NFL, there is so much on the plate of a head coach that they don’t have time to full evaluate each position and pick who should start and how many plays each player should get.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    whuggy said:

pretty sad to hear that $$$ is an issue.

If I have my facts straight, FSU are paying Slick Willie 17 million to go away. And we are stressing over a $500,000
    buyout? If that is true it would be a stark indication of how small time we are.
    Compare ACC payout to PAC 12

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

doogville said:

Pete does not pick the starters or decide the rotations, the position coach makes those decisions. This god awful LB play falls on one man only and that is Bob Gregory. Not only did he do a poor job of recruiting, he did a terrible job getting the players ready to play. I just hope he doesn't ruin the young talent we have know that he was gifted.

Maybe the head coach — you know, the guy in charge of everything — should take even a passing interest in which players play.

Radical idea, I know.
    Don’t know of any head coach in college that picks starters or the rotation. This isn’t the the NFL, there is so much on the plate of a head coach that they don’t have time to full evaluate each position and pick who should start and how many plays each player should get.
    there should be enough tape to show that some players should not be playing at all
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogville said:

Radical idea, I know.
    Makes you wonder what Washington is paying Pete for?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter
    @sonics1993 random question but do you know of any players who have made it known to the coaches they plan on transferring/leaving the team.

Also, who do you think are the best bets to be our starting ILBs next year?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw manu and Wellington in there for really simple shit like run in a straight line directly at their quarterback.

I saw a lot of Ulo and Sirmon in there most do the game.

Blows it has to come against beavlet but I guess with all the pressure off Jimmy finally got over himself and changed some shit for the better.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

@sonics1993 random question but do you know of any players who have made it known to the coaches they plan on transferring/leaving the team.

Also, who do you think are the best bets to be our starting ILBs next year?

I know of some players considering it but only one I know for sure is gone. With the transfer portal, players don't have to tell the coaches anymore so coaches can be caught off guard just like the fans. To early to predict starting ILB next year with summer and fall practice still to go, along with off season workouts.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    haie said:

I saw manu and Wellington in there for really simple shit like run in a straight line directly at their quarterback.

Blows it has to come against beavlet but I guess with all the pressure off Jimmy finally got over himself and changed some shit for the better.

It changed a while go, Manu has barely played the last few games and Wellington's snaps have decreased as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blazers have a game today at 6.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

doogville said:

Radical idea, I know.
    All Pete does is endlessly talk about how they put on the tape, evaluate guys in practice, etc.

I don’t need Pete to be micromanaging minutes played. But if he is half as good a coach and evaluator as he thinks he is, then it’s insane that he is not breaking down the linebackers with lake and kwat and saying something to the effect of “kyler manu is dogshit. Get him off the field and play the younger guys.”

This is like the bare minimum we should expect. If, after 4 losses, he’s not spending a TON of time talking with his coaches about positional talent and who is getting playing time vs who should, then run his ass.
    This. I know he has a lot on his plate, but he also watches the film. The film would show you that these guys suck and there could be benefits to playing other guys. He’s not too busy to notice that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Moving Many outside in the Oregon game, where he played the 2nd half was a schematic thing. I have to believe both Lake and Kwat were aware of it and had something to do with it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It changed a while go, Manu has barely played the last few games and Wellington's snaps have decreased as well.
    I mean based on your comments it looks like this isn't just a "down year." It looks like recruiting is turning the program into a 7-9 win venture.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

I mean based on your comments it looks like this isn't just a "down year." It looks like recruiting is turning the program into a 7-9 win venture.
    I think a lot about the future will depend on what players come back, if Pete hires a real OC and who USC hires as a head coach but make no mistake about it, Washington is not hiring a coach better than Pete and i’m surprised some fans actually think that.
    SC is in the South. We can't even sniff our own division this year.

I agree that UW isn't hiring Urban but I disagree that they can't hire a coach better than Pete. If he can't win the conference in the next 2 seasons then he isn't a good coach by a lot of team's expectations in the Pac 12, not just UW's.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I think a lot about the future will depend on what players come back, if Pete hires a real OC and who USC hires as a head coach but make no mistake about it, Washington is not hiring a coach better than Pete and i’m surprised some fans actually think that.

I agree that UW isn't hiring Urban but I disagree that they can't hire a coach better than Pete. If he can't win the conference in the next 2 seasons then he isn't a good coach by a lot of team's expectations in the Pac 12, not just UW's.
    I’m curious who do you think Washington could get to replace Pete that would be better than him?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I’m curious who do you think Washington could get to replace Pete that would be better than him?
    Mario Christobol.
    David Shaw.
    Mike Leach.
    Justin Wilcox.
    Kyle Whittingham.

Terry Stotts.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

Radical idea, I know.
    That’s sarcasm, right?