Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else starting to think their is a succession agreement?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,561
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

just to add some other stuff about Pete's losses

4 losses to Oregon, Stanford
    3 Losses to ASU, Cal

one each UCLA, Arizona, Utah, and USC
    OOC Boise ST and Auburn

Bowel game losses OK St, Pen St, Ohio St, Ala

and to offset those losses, Signature win USC

I'm not gonna look it up, but what was our record against those Pac12 teams and similar OOC competition the previous 10 years? 15? 20? How many three plus game loosing streaks did we? endure? How many plungers were forcibly inserted into our? anuses every year? How bad did we? loose to LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oregon, Stanford, USC over those years? I still feel the ring sting. I guess a bunch of you love the way that feels because you have forgotten how this program was abused by any team with a pulse for almost 20 years. My alcoholic memory is not that good and can be untrustworthy at tims but going to the semi final, Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl and winning two out of three, four now, Pac 12 titles is #whyistayed.
    In another thread (one of yella's) I mention that I think we are at a high level of mediocre that previous coaches. @RaceBannon made the comment that he hated James for being mediocre (I paraphrased what he said).

I wasn't trying to compare previous years as that would just tick me off even more. With Pete I guess I expected more (which he has delivered somewhat) but at the same time I have fallen harder because of those expectations.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,766
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pete sucks and you morons that don't agree are morons. You know how I know he sucks. Because it's year six and he still doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. Stop trying to make excuses for him. He fucken sucks. He has been coaching for 15 years and he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. In Their first 10 years of coaching, Saban, dabo and Urban had already won a Natty. Those fuckers know How to win. Petersen knows how to throw seasons and games away. He is pathetic and if you defend him you are also pathetic. You are better than that. Snap out of it. He needs to go now. We can get Urban if we really wanted. We got the facilities and the once great winning tradition, he would definitely get us a Natty. But because UW is beta af that will never hau and if all we can get is Jimmy I'll fucken take it. Let Jimmy take over the show we need some passion. Petersen times up get the fuck out.

I hate this year six bullshit like every program just makes linear progress and gets a step better each season. It doesn’t happen.
    Oregon should be the only loss UW has on their record. Pete & Co. fucked away two games with shit personnel decisions. There's no denying that and no excuse for it.

Oregon is a more complete team and beat UW with UW's best talent getting plenty of snaps. That was not true at Stanford or especially Cal.

Of course the D was going to be weaker this year given the departures. But the O should be much improved in the passing game, which decides a lot of games in the Pac12, and it's inexcusable that UW wasn't playing it's best talent and giving them the best chance to win.

Otherwise Peterson's quotes about "raising the bar" are total bullshit. That's the BS I'm tired of.
    I agree with everyone that every loss this season was bad. Really bad. Pretty much inexcusable.

I just get annoyed with the thought that we win a big bowl game and so we recruit better, and after we win the big bowl game, we’ll make the playoffs the next year, etc.

We went from being 7-6 to making the playoffs in 2016. Georgia went from 8-5 to playing in the natty the next year. Progress isn’t always linear. Clemson bounced up and down for Dabo until he made it.

What Pete has done this season is not up to par. Just touting year six like that’s supposed to be the year, or what coaches get paid, etc is FS.
    I think Pete invites that "Year 6" stuff by his constant references to "the system" and "the process" and even his "practice matters" stuff.

Pete is the guy who constantly speaks in Linear Terms, so he's the one who invites that type of analysis, regardless of the fact that it doesn't always work that way. Pete sets the narrative to make it sound like it does work that way and he reinforces it with his canned answers. "We'll put the tape on" - "and those type of things."

Act like a Robot, get judged like a Robot. And what's more Linear than a Robot?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,434
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete sucks and you morons that don't agree are morons. You know how I know he sucks. Because it's year six and he still doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. Stop trying to make excuses for him. He fucken sucks. He has been coaching for 15 years and he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. In Their first 10 years of coaching, Saban, dabo and Urban had already won a Natty. Those fuckers know How to win. Petersen knows how to throw seasons and games away. He is pathetic and if you defend him you are also pathetic. You are better than that. Snap out of it. He needs to go now. We can get Urban if we really wanted. We got the facilities and the once great winning tradition, he would definitely get us a Natty. But because UW is beta af that will never hau and if all we can get is Jimmy I'll fucken take it. Let Jimmy take over the show we need some passion. Petersen times up get the fuck out.

I hate this year six bullshit like every program just makes linear progress and gets a step better each season. It doesn’t happen.
    Oregon should be the only loss UW has on their record. Pete & Co. fucked away two games with shit personnel decisions. There's no denying that and no excuse for it.

Oregon is a more complete team and beat UW with UW's best talent getting plenty of snaps. That was not true at Stanford or especially Cal.

Of course the D was going to be weaker this year given the departures. But the O should be much improved in the passing game, which decides a lot of games in the Pac12, and it's inexcusable that UW wasn't playing it's best talent and giving them the best chance to win.

Otherwise Peterson's quotes about "raising the bar" are total bullshit. That's the BS I'm tired of.
    I agree with everyone that every loss this season was bad. Really bad. Pretty much inexcusable.

I just get annoyed with the thought that we win a big bowl game and so we recruit better, and after we win the big bowl game, we’ll make the playoffs the next year, etc.

We went from being 7-6 to making the playoffs in 2016. Georgia went from 8-5 to playing in the natty the next year. Progress isn’t always linear. Clemson bounced up and down for Dabo until he made it.

What Pete has done this season is not up to par. Just touting year six like that’s supposed to be the year, or what coaches get paid, etc is FS.
    I think Pete invites that "Year 6" stuff by his constant references to "the system" and "the process" and even his "practice matters" stuff.

Pete is the guy who constantly speaks in Linear Terms, so he's the one who invites that type of analysis, regardless of the fact that it doesn't always work that way. Pete sets the narrative to make it sound like it does work that way and he reinforces it with his canned answers. "We'll put the tape on" - "and those type of things."

At the beginning of this season Pete was visibly irritated by the public's expectations of Eason and the team. He said something like "let's stop the speculation and let em play"

At the time I thought to myself "Pete almost seems uncomfortable with expectations"
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,766
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

At the beginning of this season Pete was visibly irritated by the public's expectations of Eason and the team. He said something like "let's stop the speculation and let em play"

At the time I thought to myself "Pete almost seems uncomfortable with expectations"
    Well, they played, Pete. And look what happened? Seems like the speculation was entirely reasonable.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,641
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    More like a suck-session agreement amirite
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@YellowSnow - There are so many layers of humor to your reference to Darak Khosrowshahi, you have no idea. I just sent you a sext about it.

It's almost as good as @RaceBannon's Iran Air Courtesy Bus references.

@Laocoön & @89ute, this is the poast I was talking you about. Will explain more in person.