Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone else starting to think their is a succession agreement?

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Between Pete and Jimmy with Jen's consent. Pete I'm sure isn't thrilled with what is necessary to take the step to the next level. He already hates the media stuff. Also seems Jimmy is very slow in taking the next step in his career. If he's still here in two years I think it's a valid hypothesis.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Who knows? Personally, I want them all gone. Just clean sweep... bunch of scrub coaches.
  • Options
    JL gets a shitload of positive pub. You'd think he would have had offers by now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    One more thing - UW hasn't had a good track record with promoting coordinators to the HC position.

Furthermore, one may surmise that the coordinators are cut from the same cloth as the head coach. So, promoting one of them to HC would just be more inbreeding. New boss same as the old boss scenario - I've seen this at my place of work. Our current CEO operates like the previous one, even though he is more personable and the former was kind of like a robot. Same policies and same playbook; same culture. Yes, he worked up the ranks and was promoted within.
  • Options

One more thing - UW hasn't had a good track record with promoting coordinators to the HC position.

Furthermore, one may surmise that the coordinators are cut from the same cloth as the head coach. So, promoting one of them to HC would just be more inbreeding. New boss same as the old boss scenario - I've seen this at my place of work. Our current CEO operates like the previous one, even though he is more personable and the former was kind of like a robot. Same policies and same playbook; same culture. Yes, he worked up the ranks and was promoted within.

On the other hand some of our non-coordinator hires haven't been too special either.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

On the other hand some of our non-coordinator hires haven't been too special either.
    Good poont!

UW AD has found so many different ways to burn us out over the years. May as well keep throwing shit at the wall to see what finally sticks.

Just so fucking tired and frustrated with a mediocre product.
  • Options

whuggy said:

Good poont!

UW AD has found so many different ways to burn us out over the years. May as well keep throwing shit at the wall to see what finally sticks.

Swaye made a really good point when he said if you think Pete gives you a 1% chance to win it all and there's guys out there that give you 2% chance then you make the move every time. I have always liked Petersen but I'm starting to get interested in the 2% option. Who knows. Maybe JL bumps you up to 5%.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Makes sense...

Dara Khosrowshahi (Persian: دارا خسروشاهی‎, Persian pronunciation: [dɑː'ɾɑː xosɾo'ʃɑːhiː]; born May 28, 1969) is an Iranian-American businessman and the chief executive officer of Uber. Khosrowshahi was previously CEO of Expedia Group, a company that owns several travel fare aggregators. He is also a member of the board of directors of BET.com, Hotels.com,[2] and The New York Times Company.
    Well, duh! Who else would you put in charge of Uber? Towelhead CEO for towelhead drivers. He speaks our language.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @YellowSnow - There are so many layers of humor to your reference to Darak Khosrowshahi, you have no idea. I just sent you a sext about it.

It's almost as good as @RaceBannon's Iran Air Courtesy Bus references.
  • Options

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Good poont!

Swaye made a really good point when he said if you think Pete gives you a 1% chance to win it all and there's guys out there that give you 2% chance then you make the move every time. I have always liked Petersen but I'm starting to get interested in the 2% option. Who knows. Maybe JL bumps you up to 5%.
    I think us fans are grasping at answers. Maybe it helps us cope with having to watch a team with no identity. Just not sure if I'm sold on Jimmy as a head coach. All I know is that he seems to have a lot more passion than Prickly Pete. Maybe if the team took on Jimmy's personality instead of Petersen's "I'm building young me for life so that they will become US ambassadors to Trinidad in the future", they'd play more fired up. That might actually lead to wins against Cal, Stanford, & Oregon. This business meeting approach by Pete is fucking irritating. I've heard from so many people who were at the game that the Huskies were ho-hum on the sidelines... and you're playing a rival. How can the team not be fired up for Oregon? If Jimmy is a big picture guy and can bring some excitement to the program, maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea to roll the dice with him.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Good poont!

I think us fans are grasping at answers. Maybe it helps us cope with having to watch a team with no identity. Just not sure if I'm sold on Jimmy as a head coach. All I know is that he seems to have a lot more passion than Prickly Pete. Maybe if the team took on Jimmy's personality instead of Petersen's "I'm building young me for life so that they will become US ambassadors to Trinidad in the future", they'd play more fired up. That might actually lead to wins against Cal, Stanford, & Oregon. This business meeting approach by Pete is fucking irritating. I've heard from so many people who were at the game that the Huskies were ho-hum on the sidelines... and you're playing a rival. How can the team not be fired up for Oregon? If Jimmy is a big picture guy and can bring some excitement to the program, maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea to roll the dice with him.
    Exactly my thought. No reason JL couldn't bring the best aspects of Petersen and improve on them. The personality angle being the big one. I'm pretty much done with the no-fun/robotic tone of the program.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Quick.... who is Saban's OC? Let's get him.

JFK, seriously.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Makes sense...

Dara Khosrowshahi (Persian: دارا خسروشاهی‎, Persian pronunciation: [dɑː'ɾɑː xosɾo'ʃɑːhiː]; born May 28, 1969) is an Iranian-American businessman and the chief executive officer of Uber. Khosrowshahi was previously CEO of Expedia Group, a company that owns several travel fare aggregators. He is also a member of the board of directors of BET.com, Hotels.com,[2] and The New York Times Company.
    Well, duh! Who else would you put in charge of Uber? Towelhead CEO for towelhead drivers. He speaks our language.
    I may have found footage of your CEO on his latest business trip.

Asshole!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Head coaching hires is always a crap shoot

There’s really only been one guy in the past 30 yrs who was a slam dunk than Urbs going to tOSU. Saban had won a .5 natty but wasn’t GOAT yet. Harbaugh sucks. Chip 2.0 suck. Pete sucked through 2015. Now be sucks again.

This is why it’s more risk to @FirePete than stick it out for another 1- 2 years and see what happens.
    I don’t know, but something is wrong with the coaching staff. Too many missed assignments, poor tackling, poor game management, stubbornness not to admit something is wrong, but more importantly the lack of confidence and edge on the team. Second half agains Oregon was pure mental breakdown by the coaches and the players