Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The definitive post mortem

124»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Emoterman said:

Is there an accepted number for drops? I'm seeing 8 a lot, and I'm unclear if that includes the Opera cataclysmic fuckup or not. But if we use that number to include the Götterdämmerung, and assume the YPC is the same as the completions Eason did have, his final line would have been 26/30 234 1 TD/1 INT. That raises Eason's QBR from 26.6 to 156.52.

If either Operaman or JAG(ay) Fuller catch the TD or the slant on 3rd and 11 on the next to last possession, respectively, this is almost assuredly a win for UW.

I know everything I've typed thus far is the epitome of dooging, but I can't shake the logic of it. Outside of Ahmed, #FeedTheNewt, Black Beast, Henry and the DL, the team looked like shit, Eason included.

Someone, please, kill the doog in me.

Wood.
    Definitely. Her thigh gap game is on point.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    ntxduck said:

Maybe Cal has the best defense in the Pac-12, and enough running game to win double-digit games this year, despite a weak passing game and limited QB. I see 6 more winnable games on their schedule, excluding @ Oregon, @ Utah, USC, and @ Stanford. Split those 4 and they've got 10. Same/similar formula seemed to work for UW the past two years.

What stage of grief is pretending cal is a 10 win team? Bargaining?
    LOL.I mean LOFL. Like the milk out the nose type of laughing.

Well played Duck, well played.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    89ute said:

89ute said:

To be fair...no one can keep reloading every single year without any dropoff. Early season is dumb. It'll improve.

Except... CHRIST

(Hint - those team's winning nattys every year)
    Yeah but no one outside clemson osu and Alabama can do it

And those have excellent supporting casts
    Worshington has been recruiting like Clemson the past few years. How many years now of 10+ four stars? I think about 4 years now? Over 40 four stars on the roster now. They should not have lost this game to Cal.
    Only two. The roster has a lot of 4 stars but they're mostly in the redshirt freshman and especially true freshman classes.

2019 - 15
    2018 - 11 signed (2 gone, Ale and Yankoff)
    2017 - 8
    2016 - 7 signed (1 gone, Camilo)
    2015 - 5 signed (2 gone, Browning and Joyner)
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BayDawg said:

ntxduck said:

Maybe Cal has the best defense in the Pac-12, and enough running game to win double-digit games this year, despite a weak passing game and limited QB. I see 6 more winnable games on their schedule, excluding @ Oregon, @ Utah, USC, and @ Stanford. Split those 4 and they've got 10. Same/similar formula seemed to work for UW the past two years.

What stage of grief is pretending cal is a 10 win team? Bargaining?
    LOL.I mean LOFL. Like the milk out the nose type of laughing.

Well played Duck, well played.
    I have all the screenshots I need
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

To be fair...no one can keep reloading every single year without any dropoff. Early season is dumb. It'll improve.

Except... CHRIST

Worshington has been recruiting like Clemson the past few years. How many years now of 10+ four stars? I think about 4 years now? Over 40 four stars on the roster now. They should not have lost this game to Cal.
    Only two. The roster has a lot of 4 stars but they're mostly in the redshirt freshman and especially true freshman classes.

2019 - 15
    2017 - 8
    2022 will be special
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Except... CHRIST

2019 - 15
    2017 - 8
    2022 will be special
    Probably not
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers

While I'm nowhere near to calling Nacua an NFL quality receiver, from what I repeatedly saw at the scrimmage, he absolutely catches the ball like one. I'll be pissed if we don't see substantially more of him next week.
    I was so upset to see him standing and waving a towel late in the Cal game. There was obviously no intention of getting him in the game.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The REAL Formula

isSpecial = function(year){ if( year==year+1 ) {return true;} else {return false;} }
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Emoterman said:

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers

While I'm nowhere near to calling Nacua an NFL quality receiver, from what I repeatedly saw at the scrimmage, he absolutely catches the ball like one. I'll be pissed if we don't see substantially more of him next week.
    I was so upset to see him standing and waving a towel late in the Cal game. There was obviously no intention of getting him in the game.
    The world needs towel wavers too
    I heard @PurpleBaze is an expert with towels.
    Can't believe it took this long for someone to make a towel joke at my expense. I was half tempted to do it myself yesterday.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Ts and Ps to your TV then.

#MyMagicFeather