Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The definitive post mortem

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

All the chintangibles I thought this team had after the EWU were wrong. There is no swagger here.

Last night flipped our conceptions on the strength and competencies of this team.

As badly as the offense shit the bed AGAIN last night, it is conceivable though unlikely, that in-season fixes can be made. Eason more reps. Sit Fuller, Baccheli, Chico, etc and put the young guys in. They might probably are just as bad but at least it's a developmental investment playing them. Same goes for running back and perhaps left guard. Watty struggled. Ahmed got over 100 yards but never got the important yards.

Defense is more troubling. There are some major liabilities without apparently alternatives. Tryon against the run. With Latu hurt, I'm not sure who else could be any better. Kyler Gordon and Cam Williams were picked on by EWU, and Cal did the same thing, over and over. Kieth Taylor is a pretty damn good, but you never heard his name called. There's a whole other side of the field away from him, and teams will keep going there. Who else is there? Dom Hampton I guess. If we?re still Jerkin' for Jimmy, then we are led to believe that Gordon beat Hampton out. Not good. Linebackers, same situation. There's no one else.

Cal, fucking Cal, drove 74 yards, 2 feet and 6 inches with 2 minutes on the clock against OUR defense. That is not good enough, nowhere near it.

There's many worse defenses left on the schedule, but few worse offenses. All things being equal at this tim, it's a 7-5, 6-6 season.

That was all good but the record prediction. Washington isn't dropping 4 or 5 more games in this league. It's almost not possible.
    Have you not been watching? SC, WSU, The U, and I'll throw In Oregon.
    Miami isn’t on the schedule
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation

Do you trust Ahmed on a crucial 3rd & 2?
    Would much rather have Newton in there on short yardage. I'd rather have McGrew in there too if I'm being honest, which I am.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation

Scratch that. With how things are going, do you feel like giving Ahmed the ball on 2nd & 9 is a good idea? What do you expect that outcome to be? I don't like it.
    Agreed. Ahmed has no business running between the tackles. His legs magically stop at the first sign of contact. Bush trying to implement a power run game while only sparingly using Dick was FS.
    Ahmed running between the tackles. Tunnel screens to tiny receivers who can't block. It's shaking your head stuff.
  • Options
    89ute said:

89ute said:

To be fair...no one can keep reloading every single year without any dropoff. Early season is dumb. It'll improve.

Except... CHRIST

(Hint - those team's winning nattys every year)
    Yeah but no one outside clemson osu and Alabama can do it

And those have excellent supporting casts
    Worshington has been recruiting like Clemson the past few years. How many years now of 10+ four stars? I think about 4 years now? Over 40 four stars on the roster now. They should not have lost this game to Cal.
    We always have one or two of these a year. My next guess is Arizona in the desert or Oregon State on a Hail Mary.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,636
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Go study for your math test back.

Ahmed is a good back like Herbert is a good QB. They're front runners. They're good when it's easy.

He has terrible instincts running inside and doesn't break tackles. It's either space to run to or nothing. And he never seems to deliver when the pressure is on. That is what Gaskin was so good at. He delivered in the clutch even when there wasn't much there.

Ahmed isn't a bad back but he's a situational guy. He's not every down.
    I stand with the creep
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ahmed also had one of the shittier drops of the night.
  • Options

Yeah was a shitty drop but at least the play was getting him the ball in a spot that maxes his abilities.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    whuggy said:

Yeah was a shitty drop but at least the play was getting him the ball in a spot that maxes his abilities.
    ok...
  • Options
    Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers
  • Options

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have any NFL receivers

• Options

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers

He does, but I'm not ready to bitch about that after 3 years bitching about low velocity passes.
    The more things change the more they stay the same

The problem with rifling balls to dudes 5 yards downfield is that the catch window narrows.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Anything out there about Latu's status?

Imma guess, week-to-week.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    Founders Club

We get it. He’s your boy because you played against him in high school. Stop trying to act like he doesn’t go down faster than a Thai ladyboy when he gets touched. He’s explosive af, but he’s charmin ultra soft. Give me Newton all day everyday.