Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The definitive post mortem

All the chintangibles I thought this team had after the EWU were wrong. There is no swagger here.

Last night flipped our conceptions on the strength and competencies of this team.

As badly as the offense shit the bed AGAIN last night, it is conceivable though unlikely, that in-season fixes can be made. Eason more reps. Sit Fuller, Baccheli, Chico, etc and put the young guys in. They might probably are just as bad but at least it's a developmental investment playing them. Same goes for running back and perhaps left guard. Watty struggled. Ahmed got over 100 yards but never got the important yards.

Defense is more troubling. There are some major liabilities without apparently alternatives. Tryon against the run. With Latu hurt, I'm not sure who else could be any better. Kyler Gordon and Cam Williams were picked on by EWU, and Cal did the same thing, over and over. Kieth Taylor is a pretty damn good, but you never heard his name called. There's a whole other side of the field away from him, and teams will keep going there. Who else is there? Dom Hampton I guess. If we?re still Jerkin' for Jimmy, then we are led to believe that Gordon beat Hampton out. Not good. Linebackers, same situation. There's no one else.

Cal, fucking Cal, drove 74 yards, 2 feet and 6 inches with 2 minutes on the clock against OUR defense. That is not good enough, nowhere near it.

There's many worse defenses left on the schedule, but few worse offenses. All things being equal at this tim, it's a 7-5, 6-6 season.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,636
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    To be fair...no one can keep reloading every single year without any dropoff. Early season is dumb. It'll improve.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

All the chintangibles I thought this team had after the EWU were wrong. There is no swagger here.

Last night flipped our conceptions on the strength and competencies of this team.

As badly as the offense shit the bed AGAIN last night, it is conceivable though unlikely, that in-season fixes can be made. Eason more reps. Sit Fuller, Baccheli, Chico, etc and put the young guys in. They might probably are just as bad but at least it's a developmental investment playing them. Same goes for running back and perhaps left guard. Watty struggled. Ahmed got over 100 yards but never got the important yards.

Defense is more troubling. There are some major liabilities without apparently alternatives. Tryon against the run. With Latu hurt, I'm not sure who else could be any better. Kyler Gordon and Cam Williams were picked on by EWU, and Cal did the same thing, over and over. Kieth Taylor is a pretty damn good, but you never heard his name called. There's a whole other side of the field away from him, and teams will keep going there. Who else is there? Dom Hampton I guess. If we?re still Jerkin' for Jimmy, then we are led to believe that Gordon beat Hampton out. Not good. Linebackers, same situation. There's no one else.

Cal, fucking Cal, drove 74 yards, 2 feet and 6 inches with 2 minutes on the clock against OUR defense. That is not good enough, nowhere near it.

There's many worse defenses left on the schedule, but few worse offenses. All things being equal at this tim, it's a 7-5, 6-6 season.

That was all good but the record prediction. Washington isn't dropping 4 or 5 more games in this league. It's almost not possible.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation

No bro. He's a mix it up back that's made to be put in space.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair...no one can keep reloading every single year without any dropoff. Early season is dumb. It'll improve.

Except... CHRIST

(Hint - those team's winning nattys every year)
  • Options

Do you trust Ahmed on a crucial 3rd & 2?
    Yes. Spread it the fuck out and go inside zone
  • Options
    89ute said:

Except... CHRIST

(Hint - those team's winning nattys every year)
    Yeah but no one outside clemson osu and Alabama can do it

And those have excellent supporting casts
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Agree with most of that. The worst part about all the players you mentioned is the alternatives aren't any better. Maybe they will be next year but not now and Pete won't play them as long as the season is still alive. I'm questioning the coaches when some players continually make the same mistakes in a game. After Tryon's 4th or 5th gack you have to wonder about Coach K's communication skills.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What is Latu's injury? I don't remember anything mentioned during the telecast.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Scratch that. With how things are going, do you feel like giving Ahmed the ball on 2nd & 9 is a good idea? What do you expect that outcome to be? I don't like it.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our conceptions? Who is our?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,609
    Founders Club
    edited September 2019
    Anything out there about Latu's status?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

I've got more trust in Ahmed than our OL. He gained a good chunk of yards yesterday on his own.
  • Options
    21 for 119. He was the only good thing about offense yesterday
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Scratch that. With how things are going, do you feel like giving Ahmed the ball on 2nd & 9 is a good idea? What do you expect that outcome to be? I don't like it.
    Agreed. Ahmed has no business running between the tackles. His legs magically stop at the first sign of contact. Bush trying to implement a power run game while only sparingly using Dick was FS.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Anything out there about Latu's status?

I didn't see it during game, but saw several twats about it. Hurt in 3rd quarter at some point.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019