Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The definitive post mortem

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good.

Agree. He's a solid moslem running back, never know when he might explode.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2019

All the chintangibles I thought this team had after the EWU were wrong. There is no swagger here.

Last night flipped our conceptions on the strength and competencies of this team.

As badly as the offense shit the bed AGAIN last night, it is conceivable though unlikely, that in-season fixes can be made. Eason more reps. Sit Fuller, Baccheli, Chico, etc and put the young guys in. They might probably are just as bad but at least it's a developmental investment playing them. Same goes for running back and perhaps left guard. Watty struggled. Ahmed got over 100 yards but never got the important yards.

Defense is more troubling. There are some major liabilities without apparently alternatives. Tryon against the run. With Latu hurt, I'm not sure who else could be any better. Kyler Gordon and Cam Williams were picked on by EWU, and Cal did the same thing, over and over. Kieth Taylor is a pretty damn good, but you never heard his name called. There's a whole other side of the field away from him, and teams will keep going there. Who else is there? Dom Hampton I guess. If we?re still Jerkin' for Jimmy, then we are led to believe that Gordon beat Hampton out. Not good. Linebackers, same situation. There's no one else.

Cal, fucking Cal, drove 74 yards, 2 feet and 6 inches with 2 minutes on the clock against OUR defense. That is not good enough, nowhere near it.

There's many worse defenses left on the schedule, but few worse offenses. All things being equal at this tim, it's a 7-5, 6-6 season.

That was all good but the record prediction. Washington isn't dropping 4 or 5 more games in this league. It's almost not possible.
    SC, UTAH, WSU, OREGON. The way we played last night, we lose those games
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation

Do you trust Ahmed on a crucial 3rd & 2?
    No, but the only reason we scored the one td was he bounced it to the right or otherwise he's stopped behind the los and we turn it over on downs.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

The continual shitting on Ahmed is retarded, he’s really fucking good. Be mad at Bush for going into tight formations like a fuckwad on every short yardage situation

Do you trust Ahmed on a crucial 3rd & 2?
    No, but the only reason we scored the one td was he bounced it to the right or otherwise he's stopped behind the los and we turn it over on downs.
    That was great, no doubt. If you rewatch that play, he was a whisker away from a TFL for the reasons listed above.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    89ute said:

All the chintangibles I thought this team had after the EWU were wrong. There is no swagger here.

Last night flipped our conceptions on the strength and competencies of this team.

As badly as the offense shit the bed AGAIN last night, it is conceivable though unlikely, that in-season fixes can be made. Eason more reps. Sit Fuller, Baccheli, Chico, etc and put the young guys in. They might probably are just as bad but at least it's a developmental investment playing them. Same goes for running back and perhaps left guard. Watty struggled. Ahmed got over 100 yards but never got the important yards.

Defense is more troubling. There are some major liabilities without apparently alternatives. Tryon against the run. With Latu hurt, I'm not sure who else could be any better. Kyler Gordon and Cam Williams were picked on by EWU, and Cal did the same thing, over and over. Kieth Taylor is a pretty damn good, but you never heard his name called. There's a whole other side of the field away from him, and teams will keep going there. Who else is there? Dom Hampton I guess. If we?re still Jerkin' for Jimmy, then we are led to believe that Gordon beat Hampton out. Not good. Linebackers, same situation. There's no one else.

Cal, fucking Cal, drove 74 yards, 2 feet and 6 inches with 2 minutes on the clock against OUR defense. That is not good enough, nowhere near it.

There's many worse defenses left on the schedule, but few worse offenses. All things being equal at this tim, it's a 7-5, 6-6 season.

That was all good but the record prediction. Washington isn't dropping 4 or 5 more games in this league. It's almost not possible.
    Have you not been watching? SC, WSU, The U, and I'll throw In Oregon.

Los able games at this point.
    Absolutely correct. I'll add @BYU/@Stanford and take out WSU to the mix

of those 5 games I would go stand on the top of Husky Stadium in last night's Lighting storm with a 3 iron if someone offered me 4-1 right now.

I'd run to the bank with the check before it bounced to cash it for 3-2

What I saw on D was questions (DE/ILB's) with no answers other than play the youngsters and live with obvious growing pains. We can do that at ILB, but DE (especially without Latu if he's out)?? They may have to slide Benning back out because of necessity.

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Just wait until we get the next batch of OKGs in here. They are better than our current batch of OKGs. Trust me, I know recruiting.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited September 2019

Sadly, I see only more loss for UW and that’s Utah. Herbert can’t win in Husky stadium. That will be good enough to win the North as Oregon has 2 or 3 conference losses in them.

WSU has the offense but we still haven’t seen Gordon against a team with a pulse and they can’t tackle anyone. That will get better but will it be soon enough for them to be in contention come November? Probably not as they travel to Hou, Cal, UO, UW and Utah.

Cals defense and running game will travel but Garbers is hot garbage and they will drop games because of that.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    salemcoog said:

Sadly, I see only more loss for UW and that’s Utah. Herbert can’t win in Husky stadium. That will be good enough to win the North as Oregon has 2 or 3 conference losses in them.

WSU has the offense but we still haven’t seen Gordon against a team with a pulse and they can’t tackle anyone. That will get better but will it be soon enough for them to be in contention come November? Probably not as they travel to Hou, Cal, UO, UW and Utah.

Cals defense and running game will travel but Garbers is hot garbage and they will drop games because of that.
    he fucked us up
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

We get it. He’s your boy because you played against him in high school. Stop trying to act like he doesn’t go down faster than a Thai ladyboy when he gets touched. He’s explosive af, but he’s charmin ultra soft. Give me Newton all day everyday.
    Why do you hate talent?
  • Maybe Cal has the best defense in the Pac-12, and enough running game to win double-digit games this year, despite a weak passing game and limited QB. I see 6 more winnable games on their schedule, excluding @ Oregon, @ Utah, USC, and @ Stanford. Split those 4 and they've got 10. Same/similar formula seemed to work for UW the past two years.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    89ute said:

Have you not been watching? SC, WSU, The U, and I'll throw In Oregon.

Los able games at this point.
    Chinned but not gonna happen my man.

Prediction right here: Washington beats not-the-U Utah. Moss is not going to beat Washington by himself, and your QB is still retarded and can't hit the broad side of a barn. If the Washington WRs have even a slightly better game than they did against Cal UW beats Utah rather easily.

Take your screen shots.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers

While I'm nowhere near to calling Nacua an NFL quality receiver, from what I repeatedly saw at the scrimmage, he absolutely catches the ball like one. I'll be pissed if we don't see substantially more of him next week.
    Emoterman said:

Eason needs to figure out how to put touch on short passes. You don't have 5 NFL receivers

While I'm nowhere near to calling Nacua an NFL quality receiver, from what I repeatedly saw at the scrimmage, he absolutely catches the ball like one. I'll be pissed if we don't see substantially more of him next week.
    Ts and Ps to your TV then.

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

Is your magic feather theory a refutation that in addition to be roster fodder midgets, our starting WRs couldn't catch anything on Saturday? I appreciate the sentiment in general, the most popular player on the team is the backup QB, etc etc, but in this case, what the fuck are Fuller and Opera bringing to the table? They were lightly recruited midgets who have proved to be the definition of JAGs or worse, and we have highly rated kids behind them. Maybe they fail, but are you saying you don't want to at least see them get on the field?
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Is your magic feather theory a refutation that in addition to be roster fodder midgets, our starting WRs couldn't catch anything on Saturday? I appreciate the sentiment in general, the most popular player on the team is the backup QB, etc etc, but in this case, what the fuck are Fuller and Opera bringing to the table? They were lightly recruited midgets who have proved to be the definition of JAGs or worse, and we have highly rated kids behind them. Maybe they fail, but are you saying you don't want to at least see them get on the field?
    Yeah that wasn’t fair pegging that in you.

Husky twitter has latch onto the Young Receivers with religious zeal.

Unless maybe you’re one of them.

I’d like to see them play too. After the drops and The 3 getting one snap & zero targets between them Saturday, I’m not counting on them playing.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

We get it. He’s your boy because you played against him in high school. Stop trying to act like he doesn’t go down faster than a Thai ladyboy when he gets touched. He’s explosive af, but he’s charmin ultra soft. Give me Newton all day everyday.
    tell us more
    Emoterman said:

Is there an accepted number for drops? I'm seeing 8 a lot, and I'm unclear if that includes the Opera cataclysmic fuckup or not. But if we use that number to include the Götterdämmerung, and assume the YPC is the same as the completions Eason did have, his final line would have been 26/30 234 1 TD/1 INT. That raises Eason's QBR from 26.6 to 156.52.

If either Operaman or JAG(ay) Fuller catch the TD or the slant on 3rd and 11 on the next to last possession, respectively, this is almost assuredly a win for UW.

I know everything I've typed thus far is the epitome of dooging, but I can't shake the logic of it. Outside of Ahmed, #FeedTheNewt, Black Beast, Henry and the DL, the team looked like shit, Eason included.

Someone, please, kill the doog in me.

As said elsewhere, I didn’t think Skinny sucked. He was good, not great, and since he don’t run he was limited by the shit receiving performance.