Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wow...it’s been 12 years

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

I'm not convinced on the running game. It's really a shame we couldn't have seen Gaskin and Eason paired for 1 season.

Eason and Ross > Eason and Gaskin, but yes that would have been awesome.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

dnc said:

Cal has a legit secondary. It will be a solid indicator of where the rest of the season is going for Eason. He showed off all the reasons we are excited for him this weekend but this was a scrimmage.

Agree.

Dooging over ewu is embarrassing. Cal would be a step in a step in the right direction. Get past Oregon undefeated and we can talk about chubby measurements.
    Dooging over scrimmage *is* embarrassing, and a few here are doing that. But our offense has BEEN embarrassing for the last 2+ years. Being excited that we might not totally suck at that part of the game, and being happy that the team appeared to actually have fun for once instead of having all life and personality sucked out of them, is *not* dooging.

I wish a few here would learn the fucking difference, and remember you can demand excellence from your favorite team without being a miserable cunt about it.

So you’re dooging over a scrimmage. Same as it ever was.

The kids are working harder then ever.

Dooging over a scrimmage is embarrassing, but this time it’s different.
    Dude you were the one to rush here after the scrimmage and question if Eason looked off any receivers.

Either scrimmages mean something or they don't. You obviously thought this one did until you found out you were wrong.

Make Reminds me of when I refused to crown sarks ass and got banned for life from doogman.

Fuck off.
    Damoan has went past Boobs territory, through the guard rail and careened to the bottom of the Canyon.

Who hurt you Mikey?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Can’t wait for Eason’s first turnover so Damone can declare himself vindicated.

Vindicated from what? You fucking idiots think I’m saying he sucks? No, I don’t think he sucks. I’m saying we saw uw play a patsy and players looked great doing it. There is a pattern of dooging it up over shit like this. That’s how and why the halfbrains started. I was banned from doogman for mocking the “kick ass presser”. You assholes are forgetting your roots. Maybe I’m the only one here who remembers where we have been and why this place exists. Fuck off. I’ll be the first in line on my knees if he is who I hope he is.
    Nobody has ever dooged when the QB and program looked like this.

Because it hasn't looked like this. In thirty fucking years.

You're comparing an apple and a grapefruit.

I'll take the "told ya so" if it comes. By my eyes tell me it ain't coming this time. We got a big dick gun slinger and team around him. You might as well get on board now, man.
    EWU. JFC
    Whatever, Eeyore.

You’ve been here for a long time. Surprised your being a doogtard
    I have been here a long time. Long enough to know that things look pretty fucking good at this point. Beating the crap out of Eastern is exactly what we should have done. It's also something we've been failing to do over the last 3 miserable fucking decades.

Doog is defending shit football and finding ways to say good things about a shit effort. There was no shit football or shit effort on Saturday. Besides, I don't give a fuck if you piss and moan. Be my guest.
    Doog is getting giddy about beating eastern while “looking pretty fucking good”. That’s the definition of doog. See Syracuse 2007 and the 2009 vs #3 usc for reference. But this is different. Glad you don’t give a fuck what I say. But it sounds like you care. Fucking doog. This place is coogfarm west.
    You're so much cooler than everyone else is. You should start a couple more threads to let everyone know.

But first, you should go fuck yourself. Shouldn't take long, ya little prick. What a whiny little cunt you are today.
    Eat shit Tiny.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,461 Swaye's Wigwam
    FTR we did "take care of business" against shit competition before.

There's some legitimacy to say LIPO. Haener looked like he could air it out against ND and then we played Cal and well...

Should be chinteresting.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,850

There's some legitimacy to say LIPO. Haener looked like he could air it out against ND and then we played Cal and well...

Should be chinteresting.

We struggles in the first half
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,461 Swaye's Wigwam

Should be chinteresting.

Meh, I'm dooging over having a QB that can target more than 1/3rd of the field in it's own right. I'm on that wagon.

I'm just not dooging over how good this WARSHINGTON team is yet. We've already agreed that Cal is going to tell us a lot about that. I've reserved a seat on that wagon but have yet to board.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,850

Should be chinteresting.

Meh, I'm dooging over having a QB that can target more than 1/3rd of the field in it's own right. I'm on that wagon.

I'm just not dooging over how good this WARSHINGTON team is yet. We've already agreed that Cal is going to tell us a lot about that. I've reserved a seat on that wagon but have yet to board.
    Cal fucking sucks. The plunger is coming out on saturday night
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    That is the best ;) DB room in the country. Hoping Eason cavers them out
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Should be chinteresting.

Cal fucking sucks. The plunger is coming out on saturday night
    If Cal sucks that bad then we still won't get to see how this team looks against a good defense. IDGAF if we can beat shitty teams(though we've fucked that up before).

I want to see this team have an offense that can put up points against a good and talented defense.
    #metoo
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Should be chinteresting.

This would be relevant if we were dooging over the win. We're not, we're dooging over Eason. And sure, Haener looked good last year against ND. But he didn't look like Eason did.

I'm not sure I trust the running game or spine of the defense enough to start dooging over this team and predict a CFP appearance quite yet. But I do know that we have a special talent at QB, and I'm sure as fuck going to doog over that.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Should be chinteresting.

This would be relevant if we were dooging over the win. We're not, we're dooging over Eason. And sure, Haener looked good last year against ND. But he didn't look like Eason did.

I'm not sure I trust the running game or spine of the defense enough to start dooging over this team and predict a CFP appearance quite yet. But I do know that we have a special talent at QB, and I'm sure as fuck going to doog over that.
    Haener was lights out. I still think he sucks, but he was making good throws in that scrimmage.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Should be chinteresting.

Haener was lights out. I still think he sucks, but he was making good throws in that scrimmage.
    Sure, but he simply wasn't making the kind of throws Eason did.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Doogles said:

I'm not convinced on the running game. It's really a shame we couldn't have seen Gaskin and Eason paired for 1 season.

Dick Newt looks legit imo
    Right now, if you had to choose one back for a drive to score I pick him over Ahmed. You really can't teach vision or feel. It's a have it or not thing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doogles said:

Dick Newt looks legit imo
    I like him a lot.

Particularly excited about the Wild Dick package.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,685 Founders Club

Defer your dooging all you want. Eason showed rare arm talent. You can draw parallels to Jake, but he never showed an elite arm. Strong sure, but never elite, and his accuracy was always dogshit. Rare arm talent is just that, it's fucking rare. Sit back and appreciate it while you can.

Hi. Linquist had an elite arm.

Also:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/backup-qb-jake-haener-flawless-in-his-debut-for-the-uw-huskies/
    Lindquist had an elite arm? That's honestly one of the stupidest takes I've seen here.

And like I said, feel free to refrain from dooging. But nobody is dooging because Eason put up gaudy stats. Any limp dick can do that. We're dooging because he made throws that only few college quarterbacks are physically capable of making. LIPO obviously. But nobody who's watched more than a quarter's worth of football would think Haener and Eason displayed similar physical abilities in their respective debuts. Or so I would think, but then I just saw some fucking idiot say Lindquist had elite arm talent. The eye test might just not work for some people.
    Fucking exactly.

This whole "we don't want a strong arm QB" shit is like saying you don't want your PW to go 170 and your 7 iron to go 215 or to drive 330. Sure, there's a chance you're a little more accurate at shorter distances. Maybe the floor is a little lower because you sacrifice a little accuracy, but your ceiling is unstoppable if you have that accuracy (see: Prime Tiger Woods, the GOAT).

The difference is Eason does not sacrifice accuracy the way most in that comparison do, and Haener was probably a similar level of accuracy at best. Eason is able to throw the ball 80 yards AND make it accurate. The offense is used to having a QB who is less accurate at 35. Eason's arm adds a whole fucking new dimension to the offense.

It's like when Bill Walsh had to scheme for Virgil Carter, came up with the West Coast offense, kicked ass with Jake Browning at QB, then ended up with Ken Anderson, and realized that a better QB completely transformed everything. The difference from Eason to Browning is HUGE. It transforms the entire team.
    170? FM. These days I'm just hoping it goes 125, 165 and 250.