Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For your consideration

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We allowed nudity on the main half brain bored ( I think we only had one) and then @Meek started posting dick Asian pics

this would be believable...dick...not your best work.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW

I also think some of you believe you’re more important to the recruiting process than you really are. Recruits like passionate fans, but they aren’t choosing schools based of Twitter love or message boards. Maybe a rare one, like one out of 100 recruits.

Fuck being censored. We used to mock Kim for saying the coaches were pissed about the boards and that they hurt recruiting. Don’t be like Kim.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019

I also think some of you believe you’re more important to the recruiting process than you really are. Recruits like passionate fans, but they aren’t choosing schools based of Twitter love or message boards. Maybe a rare one, like one out of 100 recruits.

Fuck being censored. We used to mock Kim for saying the coaches were pissed about the boards and that they hurt recruiting. Don’t be like Kim.

It absolutely helps. Don’t fight it. It’s a fact.

If you don’t think 100s of gifs from a fan base when they tweet matters to these kids I don’t know what to tell you.
    A recruit appreciating the love does not mean it was a factor in their decision. I’ve yet to read a recruit mention it. Winning, coaches, location, playing time, academics, connections. Recruits choose schools based off those reasons and many others. It’s not twitter.

Edit: I get that you’re only saying that it matters and helps, but we disagree on the weight of that importance.
  • Options
    DefinitelyNotCokerDefinitelyNotCoker Member Posts: 64
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

It absolutely helps. Don’t fight it. It’s a fact.

If you don’t think 100s of gifs from a fan base when they tweet matters to these kids I don’t know what to tell you.
    A recruit appreciating the love does not mean it was a factor in their decision. I’ve yet to read a recruit mention it. Winning, coaches, location, playing time, academics, connections. Recruits choose schools based off those reasons and many others. It’s not twitter.

Edit: I get that you’re only saying that it matters and helps, but we disagree on the weight of that importance.
    Jalen McMillan just this year mentioned it.

This is not debatable, it absolutely matters and it is very important that we keep growing it.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I don’t like the wam being for inside access. It’s very Kim like. There is nothing wrong with supporting the site and Derek, if you spend enough time here you probably should, but paying for access is what we got away from.

chuck said:

I don’t like the wam being for inside access. It’s very Kim like. There is nothing wrong with supporting the site and Derek, if you spend enough time here you probably should, but paying for access is what we got away from.

That's my stance as well. The Wam seemed cool and funny as a pay board when it was about tits and other, over the top type shit that needed paywall protection for whatever (perhaps legal) reasons. Paywalling the best recruiting or program related info is following the doogman/realdawg model though.

Ok I need to jump in.

The reason this stuff has gone behind a paywall, is not because it is following a doogman/realdawg model. It’s because we are literally ripping off their stories word for word and DJ has a policy against poasting premium paid for content from other companies on the open boards.

So as someone who pays for all this access and wants to share a 6,000 word Caple article or a USC war room tidbit, I have to do it in a place that is secure and not breaking his rules.

Plus there is nudity that others want to poast that DJ doesn’t want on the open boards. He has few rules, but these are some I feel we can accept.

Equating the WAM to being a Kim like money grab is honestly ridiculous and I feel like both of you are smarter than that. The money goes towards the site to stay running, and allows those of us who pay for info to share it here with other degenerates without editing.

But it’s also myopic to think HH and the WAM is headed to a pay to play model, as I literally spend every day sleuthing message boards and twitter and then come back here to drop recruiting and team info on both the TBS and Hardcore boards in edited versions so that the non-donators still get good info without having to go anywhere else or pay for anything. And I’m not the only one who does it.

So non-donators have a crew of tbsers and program lovers who poast insightful and premium information all over the open boards in edited formats that give everyone else plenty of inside access to the team.
    I think you're kind of misunderstanding me. I totally understand the copypasta thing. I dont begrudge the way you've handled that at all, and appreciate how much of it you've shared on the boards. I didn't make that clear at all in my post.

I was reacting to suggestions that the content and Q/A stuff featuring the new posters be moved to the WAM.

One poont of clarification though:

I had a PM convo with Sonics when he first joined. He was more than willing to share info on the TBS board, thus the Q/A that he created.

However, he was concerned about sharing certain things because he didn’t want to burn his sources. So I sponsored him for the WAM so that he could share more delicate items.

If someone had made suggestion to move all his info to the WAM, that was unnecessary because we had already created two separate conversations to protect his sources yet still give non-donators access to info.
    What it really comes down to is me being reluctant to join the Wam and trying to justify that stance. I wont get into the reasons for it (basically pussy whipped and hen pecked and not allowed to look at tits and ass on the internet).

I had two strategies to choose from. First I thought I'd donate $128.99 thus avoiding an invitation. I chose instead to donate smaller sums periodically...perhaps quarterly or just whenever the idea came to mind...thus never getting noticed as a Wam level contributor.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,083
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

And for the record, I wish nothing but the best for BDTWv2 cuz I'm Nebraska classy like that. But I think that's more in the dawhman space. You can't try for the mainstream and have the hijinx we do at the same tim, just can't.

Addendum: That is assuming no one takes a big steamy shit on Derek like Chester did on the way out the door.
    Did Chest do that? I'm under the impression he was never banned and can come back at any time but he chooses not to.
    Never mind, you already answered my question.
    chest has always been free to come back. i never banned him
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,083
    Founders Club

We allowed nudity on the main half brain bored ( I think we only had one) and then @Meek started posting dick pics

and it finally caught up to him in the Circle Jerk Tourney
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Eliminate the lurkers and make all access require a login to view anything.

Have a special disclaimer for parents and non-shit heads.

I hereby remove your name from the list of possible heirs to the HH throne
    My reign continues unencumbered.

Unless you meant ownership throne. Then fuck me.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Standard Supporter

And for the record, I wish nothing but the best for BDTWv2 cuz I'm Nebraska classy like that. But I think that's more in the dawhman space. You can't try for the mainstream and have the hijinx we do at the same tim, just can't.

Addendum: That is assuming no one takes a big steamy shit on Derek like Chester did on the way out the door.
    Did Chest do that? I'm under the impression he was never banned and can come back at any time but he chooses not to.
    Never mind, you already answered my question.
    chest has always been free to come back. i never banned him
    I compare this statement to the stuff from KG and CF re: sonics1993 and...ya know it's strange - one of them rings true, and one doesn't. Hmm. I wonder why that is.