Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For your consideration

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

And for the record, I wish nothing but the best for BDTWv2 cuz I'm Nebraska classy like that. But I think that's more in the dawhman space. You can't try for the mainstream and have the hijinx we do at the same tim, just can't.

Addendum: That is assuming no one takes a big steamy shit on Derek like Chester did on the way out the door.
    Did Chest do that? I'm under the impression he was never banned and can come back at any time but he chooses not to.
    I'll defer to mod-memory on that. I do recall Derek saying Chester was welcome back anytim and he isn't banned.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

I think a $10 paywall for the recruiting boared is a decent compromise bc wtf is $10 in a year? There's a lot of shit that gets said in context on the site that isn't going to be presented in context to recruits or the public.

Racebannon being associated with Antifa is a prime example.

Maybe we shouldn't give a shit at all what the world thinks but it does suck to think of this place having a negative impact on recruiting. Idk, my mind isn't made up.

Also, whole lotta clueless fucking people that say stupid shit on a regular basis that we don't really want a spotlight put on.

Frankly, even $1 would likely do the trick. It's amazing how much people act differently when anonymity is taken away.
    Maybe also a parent casually checking out the boards would do a u-turn at the request of registering a payment, and any potentially offensive content is slightly less accessible.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW

I think a $10 paywall for the recruiting boared is a decent compromise bc wtf is $10 in a year? There's a lot of shit that gets said in context on the site that isn't going to be presented in context to recruits or the public.

Racebannon being associated with Antifa is a prime example.

Maybe we shouldn't give a shit at all what the world thinks but it does suck to think of this place having a negative impact on recruiting. Idk, my mind isn't made up.

Also, whole lotta clueless fucking people that say stupid shit on a regular basis that we don't really want a spotlight put on.

Hurtful
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@RaceBannon I don't feel like going mainstream, and I'm one of the bigger recruiting noids, and tend to pilfer legit information and bring it here.

I never venture into the tug, because it's not my scene and I don't want to debate. I just want to follow husky football, follow husky recruiting, and doog the fuck out.

I also want to post gifs, make fun of people, and call people on their shit. I also like seeing nudes in the WAM and having a "what happens in chat stays in chat" location.

Look at it this way:

I've been a member of Realdawg in the past and never posted on the message board once. I've been a member of Dawgman for years and have only posted a dozen times or so.

Here is my first poast here at HH:

I'm like a fucking unicorn because I hardly ever post. So when I do post something I put at least a little thought into it and expect some kind of acknowledgement. Those buttplugs didn't even have the decency to tell me to fuck off or leave before they deleted my shit.

Looked around for a UW site that wouldn't delete my posts without reasons and saw this place. Not only are you fuckers funny but you even post my shit for me. Shoutout to @insinceredawg for stalking my work.

I'm more of a voyeur than an exhibitionist, but this place seems like you'll at least tickle my balls a little when I do. And that's something anyone can enjoy.

Legitimately, I thought I would poast here as often as I did at Doogman, which was basically never. Realdawg I never made a single poast.

I've been a member of HH since February of 2018 and have 3,400 poasts. I found my Mecca. I found my people.

If I wanted this place to be legitimate, I wouldn't be here.

Praise Allah
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I care about forum drama even less than I care about any of you fucks' political opinions. I'm literally just here to stock teen bois.

That being said, Antifa is objectively good. You fucks baited me into that one. Not reading the replies. I hope you all get hookworms.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Chest took his biggest shots at Derek (and the rest of us) on Twitter, IIRC.

I was always a PosiChest but his exit left a lot to be desired.

I still listen to the pod, because hey, Husky content and I like @jecornel
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    chuck said:

I'm not a fan of paywalling anything. I'd pay it if it happened, but I think it would take away some of the greatness of HH for a few reasons.

One of the main things that stands out about HH for me is how it destroys the doogman and realdoog notion that real info and analysis has to rely on "insider access" and "expertise" that costs money to generate and share. The amount of information flowing through this place thanks to a handful of ambitious folks stalking social media, creeping around at practices etc and pasting excerpts from articles proves what a scam those other sites are running. I'd hate to see that aspect, which to me is part of the foundation of hardcore husky, fade into generic paysite oblivion

Others have pointed out some of the common consequences of a site with mixed pay and free boards. One example is how information spills from the pay boards inappropriately generating aids threads on the free boards and upping the need for moderation. I'm not subscriber to slippery slope paranoia as a rule, but I would caution people about what sort of model you want to follow here. That model, with pay boards containing all the good info while the freebies turn to aids because little quality info is allowed to be shared there, seems too similar to those other sites to me.

I figure anyone that donates gets an auto membership to the recruit board.

We discuss this in detail in the Wam.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

I'm not a fan of paywalling anything. I'd pay it if it happened, but I think it would take away some of the greatness of HH for a few reasons.

One of the main things that stands out about HH for me is how it destroys the doogman and realdoog notion that real info and analysis has to rely on "insider access" and "expertise" that costs money to generate and share. The amount of information flowing through this place thanks to a handful of ambitious folks stalking social media, creeping around at practices etc and pasting excerpts from articles proves what a scam those other sites are running. I'd hate to see that aspect, which to me is part of the foundation of hardcore husky, fade into generic paysite oblivion

Others have pointed out some of the common consequences of a site with mixed pay and free boards. One example is how information spills from the pay boards inappropriately generating aids threads on the free boards and upping the need for moderation. I'm not subscriber to slippery slope paranoia as a rule, but I would caution people about what sort of model you want to follow here. That model, with pay boards containing all the good info while the freebies turn to aids because little quality info is allowed to be shared there, seems too similar to those other sites to me.

I figure anyone that donates Wam level funds gets an auto membership to the recruit board.

We discuss this in detail in the Wam.
    fixed
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    100% agree with Race that the Tug is a necessary evil to prevent political talk on the mainstream boards. However, there’s hasn’t been a good enough effort to keep Tug talk in the Tug... and that’s a huge problem imo. Needs to be policed better. Same goes for Wam talk
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,626
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So I don't want to crush BDTW. I know or have met a couple of those guys and I also don't think we're competing for the same market share. I think they will produce some really good content and hopefully lots of charts because we all love charts. I'm a little bummed a couple of them have left here entirely, mainly @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @AIRWOLF. I know Coker left after the failed launch of BDTW at the beginning of the year and I don't know when Airwolf left.

I dont either. I want them to succeed so I have two sites to visit on those days where I really dont want to work. I dont know any of those guys for real but I think I like them as people, even that fucking crazy one with the horrific taste in music. I also value their knowledge and opinions.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Do you want this site to be legit and eventually end up like doogman because once you start giving into the "this place is rancid" crowd you can never stop. We? could have nice things like teen boy experts who answer your questions. Or just keep rolling along until the world at large becomes as rancid as we? are?

What is BTDW?