Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For your consideration

Comments

• Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW
    I like to swear. So keep it rancid
  • Options
    DefinitelyNotCokerDefinitelyNotCoker Member Posts: 64
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

dnc said:

dnc said:

So I don't want to crush BDTW. I know or have met a couple of those guys and I also don't think we're competing for the same market share. I think they will produce some really good content and hopefully lots of charts because we all love charts. I'm a little bummed a couple of them have left here entirely, mainly @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @AIRWOLF. I know Coker left after the failed launch of BDTW at the beginning of the year and I don't know when Airwolf left.

From interacting on Twitter with quite a few of the folks who've left: Coker, Airwolf, Chest, I get the impression that some of the borderline or even overt racist remarks drove them away. Quite a few of them lean to the left and we all know Stalin is a right-wing dictator so there might be some of that.

Regarding HH overall, I like it being the Wild West. When Stalin started this place, I apparently was one of the first people he talked to about it (I'm kind of a big deal I guess) and I remember him saying something along the lines of no censorship and he's kept pretty true to that. I liked the idea so much that I helped fund it to get it started and also because I have an intense hatred of Kim, F3 and Eklund (I hate Eklund the least). Someone in the Wam noticed I didn't have a Wam donation badge. Stalin grandfathered me in because of my early donations. Going back to me liking this place so much, I said fuck it and made a Wam level donation this week and will do so moving forward (mostly out of love for our Noble Red Savage).

While I like the Wild West aspect of this place, I also realize that people associate us with UW football and that parents of recruits really do read the message boreds. Because of that, we can't have dumb motherfuckers making racist remarks and dogging on players to the point that kids or their parents don't want them going to UW. When Smalls gave the interview to the recruiting guy saying he dropped UW, I was like whatever dude but damn, some mother fuckers out there lost their shit over a 17-year old and acted like a bunch of bitches calling him names or hoping that he sucks wherever he goes and that kinda shit is over the line to me.

Anyway, this might be my longest poast (hardy har har) ever but before I go. This gif sums up my feelings about the Tug. By the way, I stopped at the real Tug in June when I was in Seattle, it's slightly better than our? Tug.

AGREE with all of this but most of the racial stuff on this bored has it's genesis with the TSIO's obsession with race.

I don't think the racial stuff drove most of them away, though it probably did with AIRWOLF.
    10,000% fact. Not only was it born out of their fast strategy / slow strategy obsession, but a few of them (DDY) used it as a weapon against the program they claim to love so much. "Everything matters" so long as its in alliance with TSIO perspective. That narrative drove me chinsane.

And I'm sorry, but the "parents read this bored" stuff is dumb. They probably do, and who cares? Cut out the race relations bs, but if people start advocating for censoring honest opinions about players and TBS'ing "we" will have lost the war.

All that being said, Jake Browning still sucks.
    “Claim to love”

Fuck off. If you want to argue we don’t love the program that is some bullshit. And HURTFUL.

Saw OKG as a potential problem, and months later that problem came to light in a big way. I’m glad the program has made some changes because of it too.

XOXOXO
    I don't think anyone questions your love for the program. I can't speak for bleachedanusdawg but I assume he didn't really mean to imply you don't love UW, just that some of the takes have run contrary to that at times.

Have some of DDY's rants ventured into enemy of the program status at times? Yes. Is his heart always in the right place? Yes. Does he bear responsibility for the over the top obsession with race around here? Yes. Do I love DDY all the same? Yes.

I assume as you guys move more mainstream at BDTW that will provide a better filter for some of that stuff, which is probably a good thing.

No question this place is better since both of you were here. I hope you STAY.
    That’s what happens when you are discussing ground breaking new research on evolutionary biology with people that aren’t ready to hear that. I stay out of that conversation because I know I am not smart enough to keep up with it but I also see what he is talking about and the shortfalls it could cause in our program and in the OKG perception, which happened.

It’s leading edge stuff and whatever program learns about it and applies it to their culture could really help themselves. I hope Pete will be one of those with his background.

Holy shit this is cringeworthy.

Reading WAY too much into the OKG thing is 100 percent what started the shitshow on this forum.

I agree, Built For Life is a superior mantra, but the extent at which some sycophants on here dug into that was nothing short of bizarre.

"Ground breaking new research on evolution". Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck does that even mean?

We have one of the most diverse rosters in the country, had just recruited the most polynesian recruits of any program not named Hawaii, and all some could focus on was the perceived lack of "black, black" players. It then turned into a fucking pickem of who was what ethnicity or culture.

It came off as incredibly naive, ignorant, and making a mountain out of a tiny mole hill. The mole hill was that OKG doesnt resonate with everyone, and the mountain became OKG is racist and so is Pete.

Fuck everyone associated with that nonsense.

Proud of you!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,548
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

So I don't want to crush BDTW. I know or have met a couple of those guys and I also don't think we're competing for the same market share. I think they will produce some really good content and hopefully lots of charts because we all love charts. I'm a little bummed a couple of them have left here entirely, mainly @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @AIRWOLF. I know Coker left after the failed launch of BDTW at the beginning of the year and I don't know when Airwolf left.

From interacting on Twitter with quite a few of the folks who've left: Coker, Airwolf, Chest, I get the impression that some of the borderline or even overt racist remarks drove them away. Quite a few of them lean to the left and we all know Stalin is a right-wing dictator so there might be some of that.

Regarding HH overall, I like it being the Wild West. When Stalin started this place, I apparently was one of the first people he talked to about it (I'm kind of a big deal I guess) and I remember him saying something along the lines of no censorship and he's kept pretty true to that. I liked the idea so much that I helped fund it to get it started and also because I have an intense hatred of Kim, F3 and Eklund (I hate Eklund the least). Someone in the Wam noticed I didn't have a Wam donation badge. Stalin grandfathered me in because of my early donations. Going back to me liking this place so much, I said fuck it and made a Wam level donation this week and will do so moving forward (mostly out of love for our Noble Red Savage).

While I like the Wild West aspect of this place, I also realize that people associate us with UW football and that parents of recruits really do read the message boreds. Because of that, we can't have dumb motherfuckers making racist remarks and dogging on players to the point that kids or their parents don't want them going to UW. When Smalls gave the interview to the recruiting guy saying he dropped UW, I was like whatever dude but damn, some mother fuckers out there lost their shit over a 17-year old and acted like a bunch of bitches calling him names or hoping that he sucks wherever he goes and that kinda shit is over the line to me.

Anyway, this might be my longest poast (hardy har har) ever but before I go. This gif sums up my feelings about the Tug. By the way, I stopped at the real Tug in June when I was in Seattle, it's slightly better than our? Tug.

AGREE with all of this but most of the racial stuff on this bored has it's genesis with the TSIO's obsession with race.

I don't think the racial stuff drove most of them away, though it probably did with AIRWOLF.
    10,000% fact. Not only was it born out of their fast strategy / slow strategy obsession, but a few of them (DDY) used it as a weapon against the program they claim to love so much. "Everything matters" so long as its in alliance with TSIO perspective. That narrative drove me chinsane.

And I'm sorry, but the "parents read this bored" stuff is dumb. They probably do, and who cares? Cut out the race relations bs, but if people start advocating for censoring honest opinions about players and TBS'ing "we" will have lost the war.

“Claim to love”

Fuck off. If you want to argue we don’t love the program that is some bullshit. And HURTFUL.

Saw OKG as a potential problem, and months later that problem came to light in a big way. I’m glad the program has made some changes because of it too.

XOXOXO
    I don't think anyone questions your love for the program. I can't speak for bleachedanusdawg but I assume he didn't really mean to imply you don't love UW, just that some of the takes have run contrary to that at times.

Have some of DDY's rants ventured into enemy of the program status at times? Yes. Is his heart always in the right place? Yes. Does he bear responsibility for the over the top obsession with race around here? Yes. Do I love DDY all the same? Yes.

I assume as you guys move more mainstream at BDTW that will provide a better filter for some of that stuff, which is probably a good thing.

That’s what happens when you are discussing ground breaking new research on evolutionary biology with people that aren’t ready to hear that. I stay out of that conversation because I know I am not smart enough to keep up with it but I also see what he is talking about and the shortfalls it could cause in our program and in the OKG perception, which happened.

It’s leading edge stuff and whatever program learns about it and applies it to their culture could really help themselves. I hope Pete will be one of those with his background.

Reading WAY too much into the OKG thing is 100 percent what started the shitshow on this forum.

I agree, Built For Life is a superior mantra, but the extent at which some sycophants on here dug into that was nothing short of bizarre.

"Ground breaking new research on evolution". Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck does that even mean?

We have one of the most diverse rosters in the country, had just recruited the most polynesian recruits of any program not named Hawaii, and all some could focus on was the perceived lack of "black, black" players. It then turned into a fucking pickem of who was what ethnicity or culture.

It came off as incredibly naive, ignorant, and making a mountain out of a tiny mole hill. The mole hill was that OKG doesnt resonate with everyone, and the mountain became OKG is racist and so is Pete.

Proud of you!
    Fuck off
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

“Claim to love”

XOXOXO

Proud of you!
    Fuck off
    I appreciate you
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I don’t like the wam being for inside access. It’s very Kim like. There is nothing wrong with supporting the site and Derek, if you spend enough time here you probably should, but paying for access is what we got away from.

chuck said:

I don’t like the wam being for inside access. It’s very Kim like. There is nothing wrong with supporting the site and Derek, if you spend enough time here you probably should, but paying for access is what we got away from.

That's my stance as well. The Wam seemed cool and funny as a pay board when it was about tits and other, over the top type shit that needed paywall protection for whatever (perhaps legal) reasons. Paywalling the best recruiting or program related info is following the doogman/realdawg model though.

Ok I need to jump in.

The reason this stuff has gone behind a paywall, is not because it is following a doogman/realdawg model. It’s because we are literally ripping off their stories word for word and DJ has a policy against poasting premium paid for content from other companies on the open boards.

So as someone who pays for all this access and wants to share a 6,000 word Caple article or a USC war room tidbit, I have to do it in a place that is secure and not breaking his rules.

Plus there is nudity that others want to poast that DJ doesn’t want on the open boards. He has few rules, but these are some I feel we can accept.

Equating the WAM to being a Kim like money grab is honestly ridiculous and I feel like both of you are smarter than that. The money goes towards the site to stay running, and allows those of us who pay for info to share it here with other degenerates without editing.

But it’s also myopic to think HH and the WAM is headed to a pay to play model, as I literally spend every day sleuthing message boards and twitter and then come back here to drop recruiting and team info on both the TBS and Hardcore boards in edited versions so that the non-donators still get good info without having to go anywhere else or pay for anything. And I’m not the only one who does it.

So non-donators have a crew of tbsers and program lovers who poast insightful and premium information all over the open boards in edited formats that give everyone else plenty of inside access to the team.
    I think you're kind of misunderstanding me. I totally understand the copypasta thing. I dont begrudge the way you've handled that at all, and appreciate how much of it you've shared on the boards. I didn't make that clear at all in my post.

I was reacting to suggestions that the content and Q/A stuff featuring the new posters be moved to the WAM.

One poont of clarification though:

I had a PM convo with Sonics when he first joined. He was more than willing to share info on the TBS board, thus the Q/A that he created.

However, he was concerned about sharing certain things because he didn’t want to burn his sources. So I sponsored him for the WAM so that he could share more delicate items.

If someone had made suggestion to move all his info to the WAM, that was unnecessary because we had already created two separate conversations to protect his sources yet still give non-donators access to info.
    Free pub! @Ice_Holmvik! Parts the velvet ropes to the Wam. Scores a pair of Wlamart Harbaugh Dockers for sales calls in Leavenworth. It's been a hell of a week, 'Ders!
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

“Claim to love”

XOXOXO
    Person A, publicly: "I could see why some people might think wearing the color blue causes cancer. We better start wearing red instead, or nobody is going to want to come to Organization A, where we wear blue."

CEO B: "Have you guys heard about this theory that some shmuck named 'Person A' is putting out there that could help us convince members to choose us over Organization A? It's just convincing enough that we might be able to use it. We should make a spreadsheet or something to show new recruits."

Recruit: "Really!? Cancer!?"

CEO B: "Totally. Cancer. Says it right here on the spreadsheet, so it has to be right. Even Person A thinks so, and he's totally Team Blue."

Recruit: "Media, fans, Mom, Barber: I've decided that I value my testicles and colon far too much to risk wearing blue. Fuck blue. I don't want ass or ball cancer."

Three months later...

Person A: "See. Look how forward thinking we were. We knew the whole 'blue causes cancer' thing was going to be a problem for Organization A. We're geniuses, and we're glad Organization A is making changes to adjust their messaging toward explaining why the color blue doesn't, actually, cause cancer. I'll be available at @don'tquestionmyloveforBlue if you want to schedule a time/place to present me with a trophy."
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

FirePete said:

Sure the whole racial stuff way apeshit, but it made the program messaging better. Because the retards like us made it an issue, and others used it against us (Oregon). But the messaging had to improve so that it resonated with kids we were targeting. Not proud how we got there

This is rich. You are patient zero in the category of "sub-50 IQ retards who read Dennis's rant, understood the absolute lowest common denominator of his most macro-level points, and started propagating the anti-UW racist narrative". If the Smalls meltdown was the Titanic, you're the extremophile bacteria eating away the rotted hull decades later. Hope that helps.
    It does help gladdy
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

FirePete said:

Sure the whole racial stuff way apeshit, but it made the program messaging better. Because the retards like us made it an issue, and others used it against us (Oregon). But the messaging had to improve so that it resonated with kids we were targeting. Not proud how we got there

This is rich. You are patient zero in the category of "sub-50 IQ retards who read Dennis's rant, understood the absolute lowest common denominator of his most macro-level points, and started propagating the anti-UW racist narrative". If the Smalls meltdown was the Titanic, you're the extremophile bacteria eating away the rotted hull decades later. Hope that helps.
    YRYK.

God dammit i love you.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    @FirePete might be the biggest tard on this bored even more so than ballz.

He has the grammar and spelling of @DJDuck and the retardedness of hondo in the tug
  • Options

@FirePete might be the biggest tard on this bored even more so than ballz.

He has the grammar and spelling of @DJDuck and the retardedness of hondo in the tug

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself buddy
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's go legit and tell Race and his Antifa buddies to go start another racist cesspool of humanity and crush BDTW
    So its been established that this site negatively affects recruiting.

Easy question. Is everyone on here a bigger fan of the huskies or a bigger fan of being a self proclaimed degenerate saying bad words on the internet?

If its the former then why not just trim the rough edges and carry on? If the latter then why not start a degenerate site separate from uw fandom that doesnt hinder the program?

I'm a newby to the site so I wont push my opinion but I do find the actual football discussion insightful and entertaining more then the aids...
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

I always thought the “racist” side of this board was just next level sarcasm and intentionally lazy labeling of players and recruits. I’ve never once thought of it as real actual racism.

Yes, it’s hard to get it. That was the fucking point of this board in the first place.

This. So much this. Except for a couple of deranged tards all the black shit and fags stuff is total schtick. I thought everyone got that? Well, everyone I would want to hang out at a bar with, which is really the only people I want here anyway. All the uptight straight laced sissies can get fuct.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

FirePete said:

I should have voted for you

Epic rant
    #metoo
  • Options
    Founders Club

I also think some of you believe you’re more important to the recruiting process than you really are. Recruits like passionate fans, but they aren’t choosing schools based of Twitter love or message boards. Maybe a rare one, like one out of 100 recruits.

Fuck being censored. We used to mock Kim for saying the coaches were pissed about the boards and that they hurt recruiting. Don’t be like Kim.

Have I told you lately that I love Asians? Yellow and crafty yes, but very chinsightful.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

“Claim to love”

XOXOXO
    No worries Coker. I agree that the racial stuff started with TSIO, but it got obsessive and went the wrong direction once the degenerates here saw the opening and ran with it. You guys started it in a way, but aren't responsible for where it went.
    And oh how it metastasized here and on twatter, into aggressive anal cancer.
    Also this. DDY and Coker brought up legitimate "optics" issues that needed to be discussed. A couple of retards of course took that "all the way" into full on racial bullshit territory. I quite clearly stated back then that all the tomofoolery hijinxs "make fun of red men and Asians and Jews and BBC" was still cool, but that I would hammer any actual racist bullshit going forward. People have behaved pretty well since then or I have missed it.

But let me be clear, if you see serious no shit racial crap at the ETS then add a @me in the thread and call it out so I can see it. Bug killing is busier than you might expect, so I don't closely read every thread. Call it out. I want wild wild west and as little moderation as possible, but outright real racism will get smashed in the ass around here. Period. Full stop.
    Did it really, though? I guess that's my point. It's strange that I could come on here every day for a while and it would be a coin flip whether I'd be looking at a chart tracking UW's blue chip ratio explosion or a heated back and forth debate between a bunch of white guys (with a few pretending to be black), arguing that UW has a messaging problem and is in trouble.

These two things are not compatible.

What I want to know is whether the staff had to put out a fire that was already there or one that WE? started. Specifically, who is the player that UW did not sign because of poor OKG optics--prior to this theory being floated on the board/podcast? How many of these players did UW lose relative to players signed thanks at least in part to that branding? Did the staff "take steps to correct a problem with messaging" or was messaging fine until well-intentioned fans made it a problem that needed corrected? I'm not @sonics1993 or anything, so maybe I just missed it, but I'm not aware of OKG messaging costing the program a recruit prior to the Smalls fiasco--and therefore well after Cristodick was handed that sales pitch on a silver platter.

As for calling out serious no shit racial crap at ETS, I would start with the notion that a kid with a white parent doesn't pass some threshold of blackness required to be a desirable football player. If you want to talk about "potential messaging problem," I would suggest this to be one of the bigger ones here at HH.