Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For your consideration

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Let's go legit and tell Race and his Antifa buddies to go start another racist cesspool of humanity and crush BDTW
    I couldn't figure out which way I was supposed to vote.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Let's go legit and tell Race and his Antifa buddies to go start another racist cesspool of humanity and crush BDTW
    whlinder said:

I always thought the “racist” side of this board was just next level sarcasm and intentionally lazy labeling of players and recruits. I’ve never once thought of it as real actual racism.

Yes, it’s hard to get it. That was the fucking point of this board in the first place.

Yryk
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Fuck off. We are who we are and we will crush BDTW

Keep it the same you stupid fucks. Don’t ruin this board and it’s charm. Just don’t be a fucking idiot. Not hard.

Clearly you still gnu hear
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

So I don't want to crush BDTW. I know or have met a couple of those guys and I also don't think we're competing for the same market share. I think they will produce some really good content and hopefully lots of charts because we all love charts. I'm a little bummed a couple of them have left here entirely, mainly @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @AIRWOLF. I know Coker left after the failed launch of BDTW at the beginning of the year and I don't know when Airwolf left.

From interacting on Twitter with quite a few of the folks who've left: Coker, Airwolf, Chest, I get the impression that some of the borderline or even overt racist remarks drove them away. Quite a few of them lean to the left and we all know Stalin is a right-wing dictator so there might be some of that.

Regarding HH overall, I like it being the Wild West. When Stalin started this place, I apparently was one of the first people he talked to about it (I'm kind of a big deal I guess) and I remember him saying something along the lines of no censorship and he's kept pretty true to that. I liked the idea so much that I helped fund it to get it started and also because I have an intense hatred of Kim, F3 and Eklund (I hate Eklund the least). Someone in the Wam noticed I didn't have a Wam donation badge. Stalin grandfathered me in because of my early donations. Going back to me liking this place so much, I said fuck it and made a Wam level donation this week and will do so moving forward (mostly out of love for our Noble Red Savage).

While I like the Wild West aspect of this place, I also realize that people associate us with UW football and that parents of recruits really do read the message boreds. Because of that, we can't have dumb motherfuckers making racist remarks and dogging on players to the point that kids or their parents don't want them going to UW. When Smalls gave the interview to the recruiting guy saying he dropped UW, I was like whatever dude but damn, some mother fuckers out there lost their shit over a 17-year old and acted like a bunch of bitches calling him names or hoping that he sucks wherever he goes and that kinda shit is over the line to me.

Anyway, this might be my longest poast (hardy har har) ever but before I go. This gif sums up my feelings about the Tug. By the way, I stopped at the real Tug in June when I was in Seattle, it's slightly better than our? Tug.

Great post Fetters. Can I recast my vote for you in the first round? Although I agree with DNC most of the racist stuff started and perpetuated because of 1 or more of the bdtw guys. At least that is my recollection of it.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I always thought the “racist” side of this board was just next level sarcasm and intentionally lazy labeling of players and recruits. I’ve never once thought of it as real actual racism.

Yes, it’s hard to get it. That was the fucking point of this board in the first place.

True when HH wasn't somewhat mainstream. The tides of change.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

True when HH wasn't somewhat mainstream. The tides of change.
    That’s the (it’s) hard part. It’s so fun here. But we can’t hurt the program because random people don’t get that it’s all facetious.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

So I don't want to crush BDTW. I know or have met a couple of those guys and I also don't think we're competing for the same market share. I think they will produce some really good content and hopefully lots of charts because we all love charts. I'm a little bummed a couple of them have left here entirely, mainly @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @AIRWOLF. I know Coker left after the failed launch of BDTW at the beginning of the year and I don't know when Airwolf left.

From interacting on Twitter with quite a few of the folks who've left: Coker, Airwolf, Chest, I get the impression that some of the borderline or even overt racist remarks drove them away. Quite a few of them lean to the left and we all know Stalin is a right-wing dictator so there might be some of that.

Regarding HH overall, I like it being the Wild West. When Stalin started this place, I apparently was one of the first people he talked to about it (I'm kind of a big deal I guess) and I remember him saying something along the lines of no censorship and he's kept pretty true to that. I liked the idea so much that I helped fund it to get it started and also because I have an intense hatred of Kim, F3 and Eklund (I hate Eklund the least). Someone in the Wam noticed I didn't have a Wam donation badge. Stalin grandfathered me in because of my early donations. Going back to me liking this place so much, I said fuck it and made a Wam level donation this week and will do so moving forward (mostly out of love for our Noble Red Savage).

While I like the Wild West aspect of this place, I also realize that people associate us with UW football and that parents of recruits really do read the message boreds. Because of that, we can't have dumb motherfuckers making racist remarks and dogging on players to the point that kids or their parents don't want them going to UW. When Smalls gave the interview to the recruiting guy saying he dropped UW, I was like whatever dude but damn, some mother fuckers out there lost their shit over a 17-year old and acted like a bunch of bitches calling him names or hoping that he sucks wherever he goes and that kinda shit is over the line to me.

Anyway, this might be my longest poast (hardy har har) ever but before I go. This gif sums up my feelings about the Tug. By the way, I stopped at the real Tug in June when I was in Seattle, it's slightly better than our? Tug.

AGREE with all of this but most of the racial stuff on this bored has it's genesis with the TSIO's obsession with race.

I don't think the racial stuff drove most of them away, though it probably did with AIRWOLF.
    10,000% fact. Not only was it born out of their fast strategy / slow strategy obsession, but a few of them (DDY) used it as a weapon against the program they claim to love so much. "Everything matters" so long as its in alliance with TSIO perspective. That narrative drove me chinsane.

And I'm sorry, but the "parents read this bored" stuff is dumb. They probably do, and who cares? Cut out the race relations bs, but if people start advocating for censoring honest opinions about players and TBS'ing "we" will have lost the war.

All that being said, Jake Browning still sucks.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,626
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t like the wam being for inside access. It’s very Kim like. There is nothing wrong with supporting the site and Derek, if you spend enough time here you probably should, but paying for access is what we got away from.

That's my stance as well. The Wam seemed cool and funny as a pay board when it was about tits and other, over the top type shit that needed paywall protection for whatever (perhaps legal) reasons. Paywalling the best recruiting or program related info is following the doogman/realdawg model though.