Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    BOHICABOHICA Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker

@sonics1993

- How much longer until Lake announces the new OC/TE/10th coach positions?
    - Is it Yary or bust to finish off the 2020 class?
    - @Beno4Life started a thread about who will be our 2nd commit in the '21 class. Who is your top 3 who could pop early?
    - How big a threat is Stanford for Owen Prentice's services?
    - Are you still sticking with the over on 5.5 transfers or is Lake being hired going to bring that number down?
    - Husky Insider @Baseman implied that McGrew didn't play after Oregon because of his response on twitter to @Dennis_DeYoung comments on being
    mentally week losers. Is there any truth to this?
    - Husky Insider @Dennis_DeYoung is reporting that Levi is coming back. Is this true?
    - T/F - Jalen/Rome will get more playing time than Spiker/Osborne in 2020?
    - T/F - With Murao enrolling in January, he will be the starting C in 2020?
    - University of Washington insider Scott Eklund says Lolohea is up to 290. Is this accurate?
    - Eklund says Redmond could grow into a OT. Biggins has said the same thing about Yary. How wrong are these evaluations?

Weird that a “Husky fan” (obvi paid by the Ducks!) would be right on that.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Andrew Pryts (ILB) led stanford in tackles and is looking to grad transfer. Please tell me we have contacted him.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BOHICA said:

@sonics1993

- @Beno4Life started a thread about who will be our 2nd commit in the '21 class. Who is your top 3 who could pop early?
    - Are you still sticking with the over on 5.5 transfers or is Lake being hired going to bring that number down?
    - Husky Insider @Baseman implied that McGrew didn't play after Oregon because of his response on twitter to @Dennis_DeYoung comments on being
    - Husky Insider @Dennis_DeYoung is reporting that Levi is coming back. Is this true?
    - University of Washington insider Scott Eklund says Lolohea is up to 290. Is this accurate?
    - Eklund says Redmond could grow into a OT. Biggins has said the same thing about Yary. How wrong are these evaluations?

DIAFF and get an avatar you savage.
  • Options
    BOHICABOHICA Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker

BOHICA said:

@sonics1993

DIAFF and get an avatar you savage.
    Hurtful, but fare.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Andrew Pryts (ILB) led stanford in tackles and is looking to grad transfer. Please tell me we have contacted him.

Don’t know if he’s any good, but Stanford’s defense was terrible. I actually think we will be pretty good at LB next year. Ulofoshio cemented himself as a solid starter (maybe more) and we have a plethora of young LB’s that redshirted. Sirmon sucked for most the year, but he did get better too. Ngata is a wildcard and could possibly be a good player if he gets to play ILB.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BOHICA said:

@sonics1993

You sat on this gem for 5 years?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

Bread said:

Don’t know if he’s any good, but Stanford’s defense was terrible. I actually think we will be pretty good at LB next year. Ulofoshio cemented himself as a solid starter (maybe more) and we have a plethora of young LB’s that redshirted. Sirmon sucked for most the year, but he did get better too. Ngata is a wildcard and could possibly be a good player if he gets to play ILB.
    Yeah. If we can pencil in Ulofoshio, we need to find ONE guy to stand next to him. We have a stable of four 4* guys in Ngata, Sirmon, Hemuli, and Calvert, plus theres Tafisi who played last year. Having a decent ILB duo next year shouldnt be that tall of an order.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Yeah. If we can pencil in Ulofoshio, we need to find ONE guy to stand next to him. We have a stable of four 4* guys in Ngata, Sirmon, Hemuli, and Calvert, plus theres Tafisi who played last year. Having a decent ILB duo next year shouldnt be that tall of an order.
    One might also say with all those guys on the roster in 2019 they shouldn’t have had the worst pair of lb’s of any major conference. I don’t think they will be as bad as this year but they very well could be the weakest position group and below average again.

Safety is another area of concern next year too. There is talent there and a track record of developing it though so i think it will be ok but maybe not above average. Maybe Irvin can contribute there.
    There won’t be any bullshit with upperclassmen and the best guys will play since they are all unproven. The only one with the potential to fuck that up is Sirmon. He should not have been playing over Ulofoshio early this season.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

One might also say with all those guys on the roster in 2019 they shouldn’t have had the worst pair of lb’s of any major conference. I don’t think they will be as bad as this year but they very well could be the weakest position group and below average again.

Safety is another area of concern next year too. There is talent there and a track record of developing it though so i think it will be ok but maybe not above average. Maybe Irvin can contribute there.
    There won’t be any bullshit with upperclassmen and the best guys will play since they are all unproven. The only one with the potential to fuck that up is Sirmon. He should not have been playing over Ulofoshio early this season.
    Could be. I would also expect a learning curve similar to tryon 2019. where they are not very good for the first half of the year. Tryon ended the year great and always had the talent. First half of the year was not good though.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Just hope Cam grows some balls (or hair).
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    haie said:

I love that Sonics is starting to flag poasts of long lists of regurgitated questions.

Sorry, I must have accidentally hit that when trying to hit reply. This is why I hate using mobile for this site.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

I love that Sonics is starting to flag poasts of long lists of regurgitated questions.

Sorry, I must have accidentally hit that when trying to hit reply. This is why I hate using mobile for this site.
    fixed it for you
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

Just hope Cam grows some balls (or hair).

I think he'll be better next year. I was, however, quite surprised by just how bad he played at times last year given the preseason hype.