Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Andrew Pryts (ILB) led stanford in tackles and is looking to grad transfer. Please tell me we have contacted him.

Don’t know if he’s any good, but Stanford’s defense was terrible. I actually think we will be pretty good at LB next year. Ulofoshio cemented himself as a solid starter (maybe more) and we have a plethora of young LB’s that redshirted. Sirmon sucked for most the year, but he did get better too. Ngata is a wildcard and could possibly be a good player if he gets to play ILB.
    Yeah. If we can pencil in Ulofoshio, we need to find ONE guy to stand next to him. We have a stable of four 4* guys in Ngata, Sirmon, Hemuli, and Calvert, plus theres Tafisi who played last year. Having a decent ILB duo next year shouldnt be that tall of an order.
    One might also say with all those guys on the roster in 2019 they shouldn’t have had the worst pair of lb’s of any major conference. I don’t think they will be as bad as this year but they very well could be the weakest position group and below average again.

Safety is another area of concern next year too. There is talent there and a track record of developing it though so i think it will be ok but maybe not above average. Maybe Irvin can contribute there.
    You just started two freshman, who are now experienced. As soon as ASA finishes the offseason of Rhino cum, and gets up to 210 he’s going to destroy some people in the Taylor Rap roll.
    People expected big things from tryon, Taylor and quite honestly Wellington this year.

None were good at the start of the year. Tryon was pretty good by the end of the year and Taylor looked great in the bowl game. Both took time throughout the year to improve though. That can equal losses on the early part of the schedule especially since we play a team with a pulse in the opener. Wellington never improved.

Just saying they are still sophomores. They likely are not going to be anywhere close to the strength of the defense next year and will be exploited vs other positional groups with the ILB’s.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy’s defensive backs have all progressed. We have yet to see people not improve, from Kevin King to ASA
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Jimmy’s defensive backs have all progressed. We have yet to see people not improve, from Kevin King to ASA

McKinney and Gilchrist suggest it’s not a guarantee.

Strong likelihood though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Will be interesting to see how Lakes promotion affects the DB development
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I wouldn’t make those guys as anything but busts. Some guys will always busy regardless of coaching. The guys that play get better.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SMFJIV struggled as a true freshman. Remember when EWU put up 52 against us?

Cam Williams will improve significantly between his freshman and sophomore years

Yeah I would actually say Cam had a more successful true freshman campaign than Sydney did. He took a ton of lumps. I cant remember how good Budda was as a freshman but I'm sure he had some roughmplays too
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

SMFJIV struggled as a true freshman. Remember when EWU put up 52 against us?

Cam Williams will improve significantly between his freshman and sophomore years

Yeah I would actually say Cam had a more successful true freshman campaign than Sydney did. He took a ton of lumps. I cant remember how good Budda was as a freshman but I'm sure he had some roughmplays too
    And we are comparing him to the likes of Baker and Rapp. For a true frosh with a target on his back, he did ok
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rapp was the only true freshman that never struggled at DB. His struggles were very mild. I remember thinking both him and McIntosh gave up too many crossing routes against USC. That’s the only time I remember Rapp looking somewhat bad.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rapp was the only true freshman that never struggled at DB. His struggles were very mild. I remember thinking both him and McIntosh gave up too many crossing routes against USC. That’s the only time I remember Rapp looking somewhat bad.

THIS. None of these current NFL Dawgs looked that good as Freshmen. This is why i'm going to enjoy McDuffie for two more seasons. Not even Murphy was that good early. I have to tell Cardinal fans this all the time. Murphy is a kid that has evident talent but you just have to wait for the light to turn on and then he's ready. Sidney, Budda and King had this really nice progression to upperclassmen play.

Cam Williams is going to be fine. He knows he needs to get physically stronger just as all the other Freshmen that have played snaps realize. He and Asa are going to be stalwarts back there in 2 seasons.
    McDuffie was probably the 2nd best true freshman DB after Rapp. Budda was mostly good as his freshman year progressed as well.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2019
    dnc said:

Better players around those two, doesn’t mean they didn’t get better. Just means the other player played. Rapp did miss tackles for long plays and gave up long pass plays. He improved during the season
    Asa and Williams will be gone in two years, they won’t play All 4.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We'll know what type of players Cam and Asa are by how they handle this off season. They have to know that huge amounts of playing time are to be had had. I think Cam has more work to do than Asa. Irvin too, he has 3 years left to show why he was so highly touted. DBU is lookin' good!
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We'll know what type of players Cam and Asa are by how they handle this off season. They have to know that huge amounts of playing time are to be had had. I think Cam has more work to do than Asa. Irvin too, he has 3 years left to show why he was so highly touted. DBU is lookin' good!

Yes, LSU is.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993

- What % do the Dawgs have of signing Togiai or Yary?
    - Will Scott Huff put in a call to OL Chris Murray?
    - Super Soaker to your head. With the Donovan hire and basically 10 starters back on defense What is your early 2020 prediction?
    - Any names you care to share on the TE coach front?
    - Did Jimmy offer Gerald Alexander?
    - How close was Kellen Moore in becoming the new OC?
    - Going forward can you be Quade Greens tutor?
    - Who's offense is more pathetic? Chris Petersen's or Mike Hopkins?
    - T/F - Gregory and Bhonapha will both be employed in 2021?
    - Was the Jamie Newman grad transfer talk fake news?
    - T/F - Huskies will land DB Kasen Kinchen as a PWO?