Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

@sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

2- what do you know/think about Cato?

3- what % do you put as at for just Yary? (Not including Togiai)

- He wants to call plays and Jimmy isn’t screwing over Coach K for that
    - That he’s an analyst and apparently our new TE coach
    - 75% right now if it’s between us, UCLA and USC. If schools like ASU and Oregon jump in then that decreases.

Under those conditions, fare thee well, GA, we didn’t want you anyway.
    Don’t know where the GA rumors started but it was never happening
    A myth has been perpetuated over the last few years that it is somehow GA's birthright to come "back" to UW and people got it in their head that he somehow has deep ties to UW. In reality, he was a GA here for one year and had been with a half dozen other teams (college and NFL) before taking the job at Cal. There is no reason for him to leave Cal for the same job at UW if he has higher aspirations than being a DB coach.

To answer the question though, I think Chest claimed in a podcast that he "was hearing" that GA was being hired.
    And Chest still thinks there's a chance GA comes here as LB coach/Co-DC
    Who tf is Chest?
    If you're not here to beat @HeretoBeatmyChest's chest you won't last long!
    Ohh I am beating something, just not my chest and I am not lasting long
    You have enough tissue paper?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

@sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

- 75% right now if it’s between us, UCLA and USC. If schools like ASU and Oregon jump in then that decreases.

Under those conditions, fare thee well, GA, we didn’t want you anyway.
    Don’t know where the GA rumors started but it was never happening
    A myth has been perpetuated over the last few years that it is somehow GA's birthright to come "back" to UW and people got it in their head that he somehow has deep ties to UW. In reality, he was a GA here for one year and had been with a half dozen other teams (college and NFL) before taking the job at Cal. There is no reason for him to leave Cal for the same job at UW if he has higher aspirations than being a DB coach.

To answer the question though, I think Chest claimed in a podcast that he "was hearing" that GA was being hired.
    And Chest still thinks there's a chance GA comes here as LB coach/Co-DC
    Who tf is Chest?
    If you're not here to beat @HeretoBeatmyChest's chest you won't last long!
    Ohh I am beating something, just not my chest and I am not lasting long
    What's his name?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So is basketball recruiting covered on this board at all?
    I'm wondering because a lot has been made of the 2021 class in the state of Washington for football, but the 2021 basketball class is also the best class Washington has had in a very long time.
    Just wondering what kind of chance the Huskies have at landing some of these guys.

We? are not a basketball school.
    Waco & Baylor not looking so bad right now.
    We beat Baylor!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm wondering because a lot has been made of the 2021 class in the state of Washington for football, but the 2021 basketball class is also the best class Washington has had in a very long time.
    Just wondering what kind of chance the Huskies have at landing some of these guys.

First game of the year in a high school gym in Alaska. Baylor would put their foot 10 feet up Hop's ass right now.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @sonics1993 Curious what the rumor mills have swirling around. Wasn't expecting the Spears commit, curious if there are any similar stealth commitments inbound.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @sonics1993 is the portal something PJ Lake going to use?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

First game of the year in a high school gym in Alaska. Baylor would put their foot 10 feet up Hop's ass right now.
    *D2 college
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    To add to the questions, are the rumors true that this is going to be a very good weekend/next few weeks for us?

Also, what did Mosili Liu do that got him kicked off the team?
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

To add to the questions, are the rumors true that this is going to be a very good weekend/next few weeks for us?

He smoked weed
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

@sonics1993 now that we're a month past signing day, any interesting stories/rumors from the 2020 recruiting trail that you can now share? Who did we come really close to getting? Did Gee Sr really punch a high school coach? Did Bothelo actually consider flipping to us? Anything?

Bothelo was interested and on the verge of tripping here until he wasn't. For a couple months they felt like they had a good shot of getting him on campus and on a visit.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Cool story bro
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

He smoked weed
    Everyday
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

On a serious note

So he’s leaving Cal then because he doesn’t call plays there either? And he gets paid shit.
    And he left Cal.
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

@sonics1993 is the portal something PJ Lake going to use?

Wouldn't expect it be to used very often. Only reason they are trying to use it for the QB position is because of the lack of numbers and lack of experience at that position.
  • Options

@sonics1993 now that we're a month past signing day, any interesting stories/rumors from the 2020 recruiting trail that you can now share? Who did we come really close to getting? Did Gee Sr really punch a high school coach? Did Bothelo actually consider flipping to us? Anything?

Pretty dull recruiting class as far as stories go since the class was wrapped up by summers end. Only juicy story was Oregon and Smalls and that has already been spoken about. As far as Botelho goes, twice a flight was booked for him to visit only for him to cancel at the last minute. Going 7-5 certainly didn't help but ND did a good job of pressuring him to commit and then not visit. But if we would have gotten him on campus, it would have been a wrap.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@sonics1993 who has a worse take on Husky Recruiting, Scott "Jacobe loves UW" Eklund or Chest "Lake hasn't recruited a good player since Rapp" Chester?

Got to go with Chest. How can you say Jimmy’s recruiting hasn’t been good enough? I have listen to there podcast a few times and they have said a lot of things that are false but act like it’s true then bitch about it. It’s really weird.
    What are your thoughts on the lack of DB offers in 2021? I understand its a weak class, but shouldn't they want to get a headstart on someone like Steven Ortiz given the lack of great talent out west?
    Jimmy wants to take his time when it comes to offering because he knows he can wait. Everyone on the west coast knows what a UW offer means as a DB so he will take his time evaluating there sophomore years before offering. I expect some offers to roll out in January.

@sonics1993 Curious what the rumor mills have swirling around. Wasn't expecting the Spears commit, curious if there are any similar stealth commitments inbound.

There are a few that are close to committing, one of them in particular would be huge if he did pull the trigger. Expect the spring game to have a lot of visitors and it will be a crucial recruiting weekend.
    I’m guessing the huge one you’re mentioning is the one that’s been teased on Dawg man by acrop? I feel if it’s considered that big it’s Jt or Franklin or something.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020
    @sonics1993

How low does Jimmy's schlong hang relative to Pete's when it comes to recruiting so far? To the knees? Scraping the floor? Coiled on the floor and spitting like a cobra?