Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

@sonics1993 now that we're a month past signing day, any interesting stories/rumors from the 2020 recruiting trail that you can now share? Who did we come really close to getting? Did Gee Sr really punch a high school coach? Did Bothelo actually consider flipping to us? Anything?

Pretty dull recruiting class as far as stories go since the class was wrapped up by summers end. Only juicy story was Oregon and Smalls and that has already been spoken about. As far as Botelho goes, twice a flight was booked for him to visit only for him to cancel at the last minute. Going 7-5 certainly didn't help but ND did a good job of pressuring him to commit and then not visit. But if we would have gotten him on campus, it would have been a wrap.
    Didn’t love him or Herbig, but still wish he would have made it to campus and committed. Another quality LB to throw in wouldn’t have hurt.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What's the feeling on Bruener? I feel like when he's a RS SO we are gonna be glad we grabbed him. Is a OLB or what?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's the feeling on Bruener? I feel like when he's a RS SO we are gonna be glad we grabbed him. Is a OLB or what?

He's an inside LB. I think he has the tools. He's pretty fast and tackles well. I doubt we'll have to wait till his third year to decide we hate him though.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2020

Think he was a reach along with McDonald but hope i'm wrong.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

@sonics1993

How low does Jimmy's schlong hang relative to Pete's when it comes to recruiting so far? To the knees? Scraping the floor? Coiled on the floor and spitting like a cobra?

Got to see how he closes before I can compare. Pete was a proven closer, Jimmy has yet to prove that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

No. He’s an underdeveloped kid that will get much bigger and already has the athleticism. He’s probably a smart player too. Tons of tackles in high school, albeit on a terrible team.

He will be better than both the plodding Hawaii LB’s. Take the screenshots.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

No. He’s an underdeveloped kid that will get much bigger and already has the athleticism. He’s probably a smart player too. Tons of tackles in high school, albeit on a terrible team.

Who is the other Hawaii lb other than Ah Choo?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I believe he was referring to Hawaii LB prospects UW missed on. Botelho and Herbig.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Roadie-San has pretty good track record
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not Ah You. Herbig and Botelho were who I was talking about. Ah You didn’t run that fast, but he’s not a plodder at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After watching Botelho again, it’s hard to say. Botelho is a better prospect outside. I don’t like him in the middle much.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I know Bruener's dad was huge but Carson's frame wasn't that big last time I saw. I hope he doesn't struggle to put weight on.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

I know Bruener's dad was huge but Carson's frame wasn't that big last time I saw. I hope he doesn't struggle to put weight on.

Best case scenario is he grows 2" and moves to TE
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

After watching Botelho again, it’s hard to say. Botelho is a better prospect outside. I don’t like him in the middle much.

Putting in the work
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Baseman said:

Botelho is a dude. A far better player than Bruener and McDonald, now and in the future.
    Not sure about the future, but Botelho is better now. I agree with that. Botelho should be a pass rushing OLB. Don’t see it at ILB. His best skill is getting after the QB.

For all those worried about Bruner’s size, I’m hoping he’s just somewhat of a late bloomer. If he’s 205 now, he should be able to get to around 225, which is big enough to play ILB in the PAC-12. He looks young. Like mentioned above, dad is huge. I think he’s going to be pretty good.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993

- How are you getting along with @Ballz over at BD2W.com?
    - T or F - Troy Franklin will be a DAWG?
    - T or F - Quentin Moore and Moliki Matavao will be our two TE commits for 2021?
    - T or F - Chris Petersen is rolling his eyes at all these early offers?
    - T or F - Wynden Ho'ohuli will be a part of the Death Row defense come 2021?
    - T or F - The winner of UW/Michigan on Sept 5th will get DE Quintin Somerville services?
    - What happened with RB Brandon Campbell? Does he know USC runs the Air Raid? Is it Cardwell or bust for 2021?
    - Biggins just posted a cloudy cristobal for Ethan Calvert. Any updates?
    - What is the staff recruiting Isaac Vaha as?
    - Who are 3-4 players as of right now that you feel great or not so great about?
    - Who is 1 player we have offered that is way of the grid from Husky Fans that you think we land? Mine is Maurice Heims.
    - When should I go get a 12 pack of Pyramid Snow Cap for Steven Ortiz commitment?
    - How bad is Ford Sports at preparing guys for the NFL Combine?
    - Roof is reporting that JT might be a silent to tOSU. What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@sonics1993

- How are you getting along with @Ballz over at BD2W.com?
    - T or F - Troy Franklin will be a DAWG?
    - T or F - Quentin Moore and Moliki Matavao will be our two TE commits for 2021?
    - T or F - Chris Petersen is rolling his eyes at all these early offers?
    - T or F - Wynden Ho'ohuli will be a part of the Death Row defense come 2021?
    - T or F - The winner of UW/Michigan on Sept 5th will get DE Quintin Somerville services?
    - What happened with RB Brandon Campbell? Does he know USC runs the Air Raid? Is it Cardwell or bust for 2021?
    - Biggins just posted a cloudy cristobal for Ethan Calvert. Any updates?
    - What is the staff recruiting Isaac Vaha as?
    - Who are 3-4 players as of right now that you feel great or not so great about?
    - Who is 1 player we have offered that is way of the grid from Husky Fans that you think we land? Mine is Maurice Heims.
    - When should I go get a 12 pack of Pyramid Snow Cap for Steven Ortiz commitment?
    - How bad is Ford Sports at preparing guys for the NFL Combine?
    - Roof is reporting that JT might be a silent to tOSU. What are your thoughts?

do us all a favor and start using numbers. Good questions though
    YBPE (your best post ever)

I’m drunk, fuck off. I’m tryin my bestest