Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just hope Cam grows some balls (or hair).

I think he'll be better next year. I was, however, quite surprised by just how bad he played at times last year given the preseason hype.
    My assessment if William's isn't too promising. I hope I'm wrong about him. He seems treat it up against bad offenses like ours, and get exposed against decent competition. He doesn't tackle well at all and is a few steps slow in space.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I think he'll be better next year. I was, however, quite surprised by just how bad he played at times last year given the preseason hype.
    My assessment if William's isn't too promising. I hope I'm wrong about him. He seems treat it up against bad offenses like ours, and get exposed against decent competition. He doesn't tackle well at all and is a few steps slow in space.
    He will be good. He wasn’t noticeable in a bad way later in the year when he was playing again.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

He will be good. He wasn’t noticeable in a bad way later in the year when he was playing again.
    The lack of tackling is concerning. I am more optimistic about turner. Williams could still be good though. He is someone i would have liked to see redshirt. I am Interested to see if Irvin is any good too. I was Really high on him out of high school.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

yeah lets write off a true freshman that showed promise
    Who's writing him off? Fuck dude...read all the words.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

“Isn’t too promising??” So tell me what did a miss???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

chuck said:

“Isn’t too promising??” So tell me what did a miss???
    You missed reading comprehension. I gave an assessment of what I've seen. Then I said "I hope I'm wrong about him". I didn't write him off, as you said. That's just fucking stupid, but I've considered the source.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Seems like the assessment of a kid who played too early. If he plays with more decisiveness and confidence next year he gains the steps you think he lacks. No way he is slower of foot than Jojo. Jojo just knew what Jimmy wanted and was a very confident defender. As for tackling, that may be a problem unless he gains belief in his physicality after an off season of Socha and RC.
    Yeah...maybe. I hope so. I'm not sure that being a freshman safety excuses being slow in pursuit and inept at open field tackling. We'll see.

I know he has a nose for the ball. That's good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

True freshman defensive back takes lumps, shocking doogs everywhere.

Not talking about his lumps. The question is whether he has the physical tools to improve. At least I think that's the question.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    chuck said:

dtd said:

Not talking about his lumps. The question is whether he has the physical tools to improve. At least I think that's the question.
    not everyone can be like mcduffie or rapp right out as a true frosh.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

dtd said:

So you have all 22 footage and have play by play grades for him?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Andrew Pryts (ILB) led stanford in tackles and is looking to grad transfer. Please tell me we have contacted him.

Don’t know if he’s any good, but Stanford’s defense was terrible. I actually think we will be pretty good at LB next year. Ulofoshio cemented himself as a solid starter (maybe more) and we have a plethora of young LB’s that redshirted. Sirmon sucked for most the year, but he did get better too. Ngata is a wildcard and could possibly be a good player if he gets to play ILB.
    Yeah. If we can pencil in Ulofoshio, we need to find ONE guy to stand next to him. We have a stable of four 4* guys in Ngata, Sirmon, Hemuli, and Calvert, plus theres Tafisi who played last year. Having a decent ILB duo next year shouldnt be that tall of an order.
    One might also say with all those guys on the roster in 2019 they shouldn’t have had the worst pair of lb’s of any major conference. I don’t think they will be as bad as this year but they very well could be the weakest position group and below average again.

Safety is another area of concern next year too. There is talent there and a track record of developing it though so i think it will be ok but maybe not above average. Maybe Irvin can contribute there.
    You just started two freshman, who are now experienced. As soon as ASA finishes the offseason of Rhino cum, and gets up to 210 he’s going to destroy some people in the Taylor Rap roll.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Buda and Rapp took lumps, people like to forget