Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Beno4Life said:

How'd the visit go for Moliki Matavao? Coaches feeling good? Seems like he's got a lot of connections to the team with Fatanau and Tuitele.

They are in it but it’s going to be a dog fight with him and the SEC schools especially Georgia.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited October 2019
    Sonic. Thanks for the great info. I've never paid for message board information but if you had a website I'd be tempted. A question about recruiting dynamics with one particular recruit in mind. Do coaches ever come right out and ask a recruit where their school stands in the running? I'm thinking of Gary Bryant where you seem to feel Washington is running third. Would they just ask Gary what's up and would a recruit in general give them an honest answer? At what point do you start making a stronger move on Bunkley-Shelton? At what point do you move on with any recruit? Is it fairly easy for coaches to judge where they stand during an official?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,369 Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

How many spots do we realistically have left?

DL - Xavier Carlton (please god)
    TE - Overman
    WR - Bryant or LVBS
    LB - ?

2-4
    I'm assuming Ringo is a must take if we manage to actually land him.

What about Hector?

Are we actually in the position of running out of spots in the boat for some of these guys?
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895

-If the mystery recruits do end up visiting, do you think it'll be for a game or after the season?
    -Before the season you predicted Taylor, Bryant, and Ahmed would leave early. Bryant still looks like an early entry, do you still feel the same about the other two? How about Eason and Molden?
    -Who has final say on the WR rotation or lack thereof? Junior, Bush, or Pete?

- After the season
    - Yes on all three. Don't have a good read on Molden and I think Eason comes back
    - Junior and I honestly don't get the criticism of the rotation. Out of all the young guys only two were highly rated Puka who is a true freshmen who they are trying to get on the field but he doesn't know that playbook yet and Spiker who is struggling and has yet to show he belongs with the two's let alone first team. Austin was a borderline four star who is red shirt freshman and Terrell Bynum was a mid three star so of course they are having trouble beating the seniors because they don't have the system down plus they don't have talent to overcome that. They would love to expand the rotation but there aren't enough guys worthy so they are leaning on the seniors.
    Please don't tease me about Eason, my dick can only get so hard
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    @sonics1993 this has been asked multiple times but is Botelho not the flip LB?
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    dnc said:

@sonics1993 this has been asked multiple times but is Botelho not the flip LB?

He's said multiple tims he's not going to comment on the players committed elsewhere because he doesn't want to tip those programs off that they're being pursued.
    Reading comprehension is hard
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I know Stanford is Stanford in terms of educational rep ... But their football is really on the downswing imo.

If Hector thinks football is important he should take that spot if it's available at Washington. I get the feeling he's not a must take unless other things don't work out
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    animate said:

I know Stanford is Stanford in terms of educational rep ... But their football is really on the downswing imo.

If Hector thinks football is important he should take that spot if it's available at Washington. I get the feeling he's not a must take unless other things don't work out

He's not a must take.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895

animate said:

He's not a must take.
    Who would you say still is in this current class?
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    @sonics1993 do we have a greater than zero percent chance at Ngata, Flowe, Sewell, or Johnny Wilson?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Emoterman said:

@sonics1993 do we have a greater than zero percent chance at Ngata, Flowe, Sewell, or Johnny Wilson?

Ngata recruiting Daniyel so no.

Honestly I have no @Sources but it's pretty clearly zero with all of them.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,038
    Emoterman said:

We dropped Ngata because hes not very good and stopped recruiting Sewell after his dad acused Petersen of ordering Myles Bryant to injure his 350 lb son. We dont need another WR (unless its Bryant, or maybe LV). Flowe < 1%

Emoterman said:

We dropped Ngata because hes not very good and stopped recruiting Sewell after his dad acused Petersen of ordering Myles Bryant to injure his 350 lb son. We dont need another WR (unless its Bryant, or maybe LV). Flowe < 1%
    Ngata is good.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Agreed. So the only "must take" left on our board is Ringo, maybe Carlton, in regards to the question from another thread. The guys I listed are must take, but we ain't getting them.
    edited October 2019
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Agreed. So the only "must take" left on our board is Ringo, maybe Carlton, in regards to the question from another thread. The guys I listed are must take, but we ain't getting them.
    Agreed, although there's apparently a mystery DL and maybe a mystery LB still.
    And it appears we'd take Bryant no matter what.