Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 758
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

Anything new on Julius Irvin health status? And thank you!

Expected back by the end of the season but he's behind right now learning wise so don't think we see him out on the field.
    I don’t follow. In year two he’s behind?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Beno4Life said:

Anything new on Julius Irvin health status? And thank you!

Expected back by the end of the season but he's behind right now learning wise so don't think we see him out on the field.
    I don’t follow. In year two he’s behind?
    He's been hurt a lot, not a lot of reps even if he knows the schemes
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@sonics1993 - Thanks for your last answers.

% Ayden Hector is a DAWG? I know Stanford is Stanford but the recent product on the field has to be concerning.
    You mentioned in previous chats that we are in on more than 1 committed player. Is it still more than 1?
    Any update of Faatui Tuitele? I don't think his current playing time is worth it. He should get the surgery and redshirt.
    Is Xavier Carlton being recruited as a iDL or DE/Jack hybrid type like Bowman/Latu?
    ^^^ If DE, are we looking at any true DT? If you count Mosiah, we lose 5 (Bronson, Benning, Clark, Levi (He's leaves early imo). I would hate to take 0 this class.
    Any update on Lance Keneley? DE right?
    Any update on Gary Bryant? Do you still think we are running 3rd?
    Any word on the future of John Clark? 6th year medical?
    Is Daniel Heimuli 6'0 or 6'2? A lot of conflicting reports.
    Do you think we win the North and do you still think we finish10-2?
    I am sure you know him but Oregon's insider JHop just updated his Ultimate 25 w/ Jordan Botelho as a target. He wasn't on the list last time. Is he looking around and is UW still recruiting him?

- Got no clue what Hector is thinking right now
    - Yeah I know of at least two committed recruits they are recruiting heavily
    - Have no clue what there plan is when it comes to the rotations of freshman
    - IDL
    - No true DT, we have plenty
    - He's not focusing on recruiting right now. Smart kid who I expect to be in demand
    - Won't have a clear picture of Gary until his official visit
    - no clue
    - closer to 6'0
    - nope
    - Oregon has very little chance with Jordan. His mom values education which is why she wants him at ND
    Is this your personal opinion or is there an overall pessimistic outlook on the season within the program?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @sonics1993 Latu, how badly injured?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited September 2019

@sonics1993 Latu, how badly injured?

No clue
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter
    I saw @sonics1993 recruiting assessment over on bendover4washington and he has us in on TWO mystery recruits- one at DL, one at LB. Obviously not giving away names or teams, but any insight as to where we stand with these guys? Longshots? Potential visits? Waiting for offers?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I saw @sonics1993 recruiting assessment over on bendover4washington and he has us in on TWO mystery recruits- one at DL, one at LB. Obviously not giving away names or teams, but any insight as to where we stand with these guys? Longshots? Potential visits? Waiting for offers?

I think Sonics answered it above and had it at 25%. I believe both are committed elsewhere and he said his confidence will go up more if we can get them to visit.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We'll, I guess once we find out if they visit the cat will be out of the bag.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Maybe the lb from st. John bosco. Can't remember his name but he is committed to tOSU.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    @sonics1993 We going to circle back on Ringo now that Smalls is committed so early in the cycle?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,022
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    @sonics1993 any chance we circle back with Peter Latu? I know grades were an issue but dude is a stud. How are his grades?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

@sonics1993 any chance we circle back with Peter Latu? I know grades were an issue but dude is a stud. How are his grades?

Not that I have heard. I heard he's a huge long shot to qualify and even Oregon doesn't think he will qualify.
    If he's a take if he qualifies, but probably won't in any case, what's the harm in offering and taking a commitment? Numbers will probably squish out in the end.

Is he not necessarily a take if he qualifies? If we whiff on the dude we're trying to flip, do we maybe take a flyer on Latu the Elder?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,683
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

@sonics1993 We going to circle back on Ringo now that Smalls is committed so early in the cycle?

We never stopped recruiting him. Trying to get him on campus, we will see if Jimmy can pull it off.
    This is the kind of scenario where Lake has excelled. Ringo is a bigger prize than usual though, and we are at some other disadvantages that are tough ones to overcome. I won't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Emoterman said:

Not that I have heard. I heard he's a huge long shot to qualify and even Oregon doesn't think he will qualify.
    If he's a take if he qualifies, but probably won't in any case, what's the harm in offering and taking a commitment? Numbers will probably squish out in the end.

Is he not necessarily a take if he qualifies? If we whiff on the dude we're trying to flip, do we maybe take a flyer on Latu the Elder?
    Pete doesn't want guys who barely qualify. He will leave that to Oregon.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Emoterman said:

Pete doesn't want guys who barely qualify. He will leave that to Oregon.
    Ali Gaye?