Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993 - Thanks for your last answers.

% Ayden Hector is a DAWG? I know Stanford is Stanford but the recent product on the field has to be concerning.
    You mentioned in previous chats that we are in on more than 1 committed player. Is it still more than 1?
    Any update of Faatui Tuitele? I don't think his current playing time is worth it. He should get the surgery and redshirt.
    Is Xavier Carlton being recruited as a iDL or DE/Jack hybrid type like Bowman/Latu?
    ^^^ If DE, are we looking at any true DT? If you count Mosiah, we lose 5 (Bronson, Benning, Clark, Levi (He's leaves early imo). I would hate to take 0 this class.
    Any update on Lance Keneley? DE right?
    Any update on Gary Bryant? Do you still think we are running 3rd?
    Any word on the future of John Clark? 6th year medical?
    Is Daniel Heimuli 6'0 or 6'2? A lot of conflicting reports.
    Do you think we win the North and do you still think we finish10-2?
    I am sure you know him but Oregon's insider JHop just updated his Ultimate 25 w/ Jordan Botelho as a target. He wasn't on the list last time. Is he looking around and is UW still recruiting him?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @sonics1993 Heimuli has been in jersey but no pads on the sideline every week, with no visible or apparent injury. Any word as to what his status is?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

@sonics1993 Heimuli has been in jersey but no pads on the sideline every week, with no visible or apparent injury. Any word as to what his status is?

Maybe 215 lbs?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm pretty sure the next commit is going to be Overman unfortunately. Thanks Paopao!
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What is the biggest example of shady recruiting you've witnessed?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

@sonics1993

Do you still have the same confidence in us landing Banks?
    Why the hell are we recruiting a top kid from Iowa?
    Do you still think we will flip a current committed player? And what % would you say?
    I ask you previously if Banks would be our next commit? You said someone else. Does this still hold true?
    Have you been helping out Paopao w/ his resume considering Petersen has called him out twice in press conferences?
    I know it is early but should us fans be concerned with Emeka wearing tOSU gloves during games?
    Does Andre Baccellia have polaroids on Petersen?
    Any update on Eason potentially leaving early?
    Over/Under 3.5 transfers this offseason?
    Over/Under 3.5 early entries in the NFL Draft?

- Yes
    - No clue, weird offer
    - Still trying, hope is to get him on campus late. Us not having a big season on the field is going to hurt and lowers my confidence in getting him on campus. If we can get him on campus then I think we flip him but getting him to take a trip will be the hard part. My confidence level right now is probably only 20-25% due to the season we are going to have.
    - Yes I think it be anthor player
    - Not looking good for him
    - No, it's to early for his recruitment to be concerned but Washington is recruiting him as hard as they can.
    - No, he just knows the playbook. Now does the playbook need to be changed is probably a better question
    - No, to early for that
    - Too early to say
    - Too early to say
    @sonics1993

If Manu and Brendon keep making mistakes, why aren’t sirmon or tafisi given the opportunity to make these mistakes too? They have higher upside, or does the defense need to change their playbook too
    Have you watched Sirmon? He’s horrible.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

@sonics1993

Do you still think we will flip a current committed player? And what % would you say?
    I ask you previously if Banks would be our next commit? You said someone else. Does this still hold true?
    Have you been helping out Paopao w/ his resume considering Petersen has called him out twice in press conferences?
    I know it is early but should us fans be concerned with Emeka wearing tOSU gloves during games?

- Yes
    - No clue, weird offer
    - Still trying, hope is to get him on campus late. Us not having a big season on the field is going to hurt and lowers my confidence in getting him on campus. If we can get him on campus then I think we flip him but getting him to take a trip will be the hard part. My confidence level right now is probably only 20-25% due to the season we are going to have.
    - No, it's to early for his recruitment to be concerned but Washington is recruiting him as hard as they can.
    - No, he just knows the playbook. Now does the playbook need to be changed is probably a better question
    - No, to early for that
    - Too early to say
    - Too early to say
    @sonics1993

If Manu and Brendon keep making mistakes, why aren’t sirmon or tafisi given the opportunity to make these mistakes too? They have higher upside, or does the defense need to change their playbook too
    So is manu, so he should get the rep because he is more likely to improve
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Anything new on Julius Irvin health status? And thank you!
  • Options

FirePete said:

@sonics1993

- Yes
    - No clue, weird offer
    - No, to early for that
    - Too early to say
    - Too early to say
    @sonics1993

I too have been surprised by Sirmon's play. I wasn't expecting a physical specimen, but I thought he'd be much more instinctive, a la BBK without the speed/quickness, and smart. He lumbers, plays high, and is slow to react. It's early but yeah.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

I think we're missing Irvin more than expected. I think Molden is good but not consistent. With Irvin healthy I think Bryant could have stayed at slot corner, allowing him to play downhill like a LB at times which he's strangely good at for his size.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993 - Thanks for your last answers.

% Ayden Hector is a DAWG? I know Stanford is Stanford but the recent product on the field has to be concerning.
    You mentioned in previous chats that we are in on more than 1 committed player. Is it still more than 1?
    Any update of Faatui Tuitele? I don't think his current playing time is worth it. He should get the surgery and redshirt.
    Is Xavier Carlton being recruited as a iDL or DE/Jack hybrid type like Bowman/Latu?
    ^^^ If DE, are we looking at any true DT? If you count Mosiah, we lose 5 (Bronson, Benning, Clark, Levi (He's leaves early imo). I would hate to take 0 this class.
    Any update on Lance Keneley? DE right?
    Any update on Gary Bryant? Do you still think we are running 3rd?
    Any word on the future of John Clark? 6th year medical?
    Is Daniel Heimuli 6'0 or 6'2? A lot of conflicting reports.
    Do you think we win the North and do you still think we finish10-2?
    I am sure you know him but Oregon's insider JHop just updated his Ultimate 25 w/ Jordan Botelho as a target. He wasn't on the list last time. Is he looking around and is UW still recruiting him?

- Got no clue what Hector is thinking right now
    - Yeah I know of at least two committed recruits they are recruiting heavily
    - Have no clue what there plan is when it comes to the rotations of freshman
    - IDL
    - No true DT, we have plenty
    - He's not focusing on recruiting right now. Smart kid who I expect to be in demand
    - Won't have a clear picture of Gary until his official visit
    - no clue
    - closer to 6'0
    - nope
    - Oregon has very little chance with Jordan. His mom values education which is why she wants him at ND
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Beno4Life said:

Expected back by the end of the season but he's behind right now learning wise so don't think we see him out on the field.
  • Options
    Anything new with Savvy? We still doing good for him? Coaches still invested?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462
    Do you have any good news you're able to share with us?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam

Do you have any good news you're able to share with us?

I just saved 50 bucks on my insurance from Geico. Or the other one
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Which recruit would you say has the most FBS game experience?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Which recruit would you say has the most FBS game experience?

Duhh... Henry too too