Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,699 Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Emoterman said:

@sonics1993 any chance we circle back with Peter Latu? I know grades were an issue but dude is a stud. How are his grades?

Not that I have heard. I heard he's a huge long shot to qualify and even Oregon doesn't think he will qualify.
    If he's a take if he qualifies, but probably won't in any case, what's the harm in offering and taking a commitment? Numbers will probably squish out in the end.

Is he not necessarily a take if he qualifies? If we whiff on the dude we're trying to flip, do we maybe take a flyer on Latu the Elder?
    Pete doesn't want guys who barely qualify. He will leave that to Oregon.
    I know this is a comment (I like all of Krunk's questions, so just answer all those please ;) rather than a question and I know you can't change anything about Pete's process, but I wish this weren't the case. People that barely graduate med school are still called "doctor." This seems to happen so much, that we get squeamish about a guy and we back off, then lo and behold he is great for some other school. It's Randy Moss in the draft.

I would hope we looked at circumstances individually. If a guy busts his ass to qualify late, I'll take him. Who knows what went on in his family/head at first? I skipped 39 days of high school in a row. Went to summer school, got put in a bunch of basic classes once I got reinstated b/c my guidance counselor thought I must be some kind of 'tard. Now I have degrees from two of the top three academic schools in the Pac-12 and am a somewhat respectable member of my community when I'm not TBSing.

Who you were isn't always who you are.
    Truth.

When I was @dirtydrugsdawg I was a piece of shit. I use to nail hot chicks and slang all kinds of fun substances.

I’m not edjamakated like the rhino that’s real but I just bought a house, bought the wife a nice whip and I’m a rich pour. Moving on up. (RIP).

My point is not to be a humble bragging douche bag though I am proud of myself. Point is that people change and if we were all judged by our teenage (or even 20’s) behavior we would all be fucked. Most of us should probably be locked up for what we did when we were younger... or maybe just me.

My second point, and possibly the only thing worth reading in my incoherent babble, is to give the kids a chance if b4lyfe is truly aimed to make men out of boys.
  • dirtydrugsdawgdirtydrugsdawg Member Posts: 30

RealRhino said:

Emoterman said:

@sonics1993 any chance we circle back with Peter Latu? I know grades were an issue but dude is a stud. How are his grades?

Not that I have heard. I heard he's a huge long shot to qualify and even Oregon doesn't think he will qualify.
    If he's a take if he qualifies, but probably won't in any case, what's the harm in offering and taking a commitment? Numbers will probably squish out in the end.

Is he not necessarily a take if he qualifies? If we whiff on the dude we're trying to flip, do we maybe take a flyer on Latu the Elder?
    Pete doesn't want guys who barely qualify. He will leave that to Oregon.
    I know this is a comment (I like all of Krunk's questions, so just answer all those please ;) rather than a question and I know you can't change anything about Pete's process, but I wish this weren't the case. People that barely graduate med school are still called "doctor." This seems to happen so much, that we get squeamish about a guy and we back off, then lo and behold he is great for some other school. It's Randy Moss in the draft.

I would hope we looked at circumstances individually. If a guy busts his ass to qualify late, I'll take him. Who knows what went on in his family/head at first? I skipped 39 days of high school in a row. Went to summer school, got put in a bunch of basic classes once I got reinstated b/c my guidance counselor thought I must be some kind of 'tard. Now I have degrees from two of the top three academic schools in the Pac-12 and am a somewhat respectable member of my community when I'm not TBSing.

Who you were isn't always who you are.
    Truth.

When I was @dirtydrugsdawg I was a piece of shit. I use to nail hot chicks and slang all kinds of fun substances.

I’m not edjamakated like the rhino that’s real but I just bought a house, bought the wife a nice whip and I’m a rich pour. Moving on up. (RIP).

My point is not to be a humble bragging douche bag though I am proud of myself. Point is that people change and if we were all judged by our teenage (or even 20’s) behavior we would all be fucked. Most of us should probably be locked up for what we did when we were younger... or maybe just me.

My second point, and possibly the only thing worth reading in my incoherent babble, is to give the kids a chance if b4lyfe is truly aimed to make men out of boys.
    I remember when you use to be fun you domesticated sell out.

Congrats on your mobile home and super duty for hauling large loads.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

@sonics1993

- Is Xavier Carlton and the mystery DL both takes if they want in?
    - When the mystery LB recruit looks out his bedroom window, does he see Jurassic World being filmed?
    - What is Petersen's policy on recruiting committed players? Does the player have to reach out to us for us to recruit him if he is still open?
    - Who does the staff rate higher, Hachett or Memmelaar? Also is Meemelaar a G or a OT?
    - How is Paopao's resume looking?
    - How is the staff feeling after Gary Bryant's OV?
    - Any update on LS Jacob Garcia?
    - What website can you not refuse more, Hardcore Husky or BD2W?
    - Rumors are Lake turned down DC opportunities at FSU, Bama and A&M. In your opinion what job is he looking for?
    - Who was your favorite SuuuuuuuuppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrSonic?
    - Does the USC win change your outlook for this year?

1. Not sure what there numbers are when it comes to DL. I have heard 1 to 2 but my guess is yes.
    2. I don't think so but will find out
    3. Once a player commits they ask him do you still want us to recruit you. If yes then they continue, if no then they tell him good luck and move on. For anyone who thinks we don't do that read Smalls story. When he eliminated we wished him luck and moved on when most programs would keep pestering him. Smalls had to call us for him to get back in the picture.
    4. Don't know whose higher and they need to get Meemelaar on the field to find out
    5. Nice, he's about to get his fourth TE drafted and have his sixth TE make a NFL roster. How many TE coaches you know that can say that?
    6. Not good, wouldn't get your hopes up.
    7. No other than they hope to get him as a preferred walk on so they can save a scholarship.
    8. Both are great with passionate husky fans which I love. BD2W has a lot of negativity though and Hardcore Husky has a lot of jokes but they are both great.
    9. Honestly no one knows, he interviewed for the Colorado job but then backed out. Now Colorado was going for Mel Tucker no matter what but my guess is a school that has resources and will make a financial commitment not only to him but his staff. That was deal breaker for him when he found out what the salary pool would be for his coaches.
    10. Don't have one
    11. Not yet but I like what I see. This five game stretch starting with USC will determine our season and since we lost to Cal we must win all five. Stanford and Arizona will pose a threat to our LB's but we should be able to score on both teams and get enough stops. Oregon and Utah will be the two games that will be difficult because they both can attack our weaknesses. Both can play press man which will kill our passing game while getting pressure on Eason with there front seven which isn't good and both can attack our LB's with run and play action. Will be interesting to see it play out.
    Thanks for the answers.

Care to elaborate on the Gary Bryant visit? What didn't he seem to like—our offense, the weather, team? Or did just not come off as OKG fit?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Assuming Bryant passes on us, do we take LVBS or call it good at receiver?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

Assuming Bryant passes on us, do we take LVBS or call it good at receiver?

From what I heard is mostly likely call it good but they are staying in contact because they really want a dynamic slot WR and they might just take him depending on the numbers and how we close.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    @sonics1993 Are any of our currently committed guys looking to take other visits? Is Pete okay with that?
    edited October 2019

@sonics1993 Are any of our currently committed guys looking to take other visits? Is Pete okay with that?

Not that i'm aware of and god no would Pete would not be okay with that especially with the limited space left but it's not something we have to worry about.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    How many spots do we realistically have left?

DL - Xavier Carlton (please god)
    TE - Overman
    WR - Bryant or LVBS
    LB - ?
    Beno4Life said:

How many spots do we realistically have left?

DL - Xavier Carlton (please god)
    TE - Overman
    WR - Bryant or LVBS
    LB - ?

2-4
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    -If the mystery recruits do end up visiting, do you think it'll be for a game or after the season?
    -Before the season you predicted Taylor, Bryant, and Ahmed would leave early. Bryant still looks like an early entry, do you still feel the same about the other two? How about Eason and Molden?
    -Who has final say on the WR rotation or lack thereof? Junior, Bush, or Pete?