Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

@sonics1993 - Like always TYFYS.

- Where has @AcropolisJr been?
    - Any update if the secret LB recruit can see Chris Pratt running from a T-Rex from his bedroom window?
    - What does a typical Husky Saturday look like for @sonics1993?
    - You said on Aug 15th that Ruth's two "CATACLYSM” recruits were Smalls and a player you described as "not CATACLYSM" but " would definitely be a
    huge pick up". Is this player the mystery DL or LB recruit?
    - You said the mystery LB recruit is "scared of the numbers especially after Smalls commitment." Is he scared because he plays the same position as
    him?
    - Any rumors that Urban will be replacing Helton?
    - Is Will Latu still committing on Oct 25th?
    - Put an end to the saga. % Henry To'oto'o transfers from Tennessee?
    - Is TE Terry Austin from Tumwater someone who should be on offer watch?
    - Is UW high on OT Josh Conerly from Rainier Beach?
    - What happened w/ Stephon Wright last year?
    - A month an half ago you predicted the under of 1.5 coaches moving on after the season? Has your opinion changed?
    - Do we win at Arizona? I say yes but barely.

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    5. Oh yeah, would be surprised if he didn't
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    10. His mom preferred Herm and wouldn't allow us in her home for home visit. Made some lame excuse about he needs to study for his finals so he doesn't have time but then allows ASU in.
    11. Yep, right now I go over
    12. We did but it wasn't pretty.
    Thanks Sonic - Jordan Berry recently backed off his pledge from LSU. Are the Huskies kicking the tires on him?
    Aren’t we looking for a different body type this cycle? Berry is more of the same as far as what we have.
    Yeah. I think Sonic said we are not recruiting a true DT type for this class. I just think w/ Mosiah's dismissal, we need a DT. I guess if Levi comes back it wont matter but I am still bullish he leaves.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

- Any update if the secret LB recruit can see Chris Pratt running from a T-Rex from his bedroom window?
    - You said on Aug 15th that Ruth's two "CATACLYSM” recruits were Smalls and a player you described as "not CATACLYSM" but " would definitely be a
    - You said the mystery LB recruit is "scared of the numbers especially after Smalls commitment." Is he scared because he plays the same position as
    him?
    - A month an half ago you predicted the under of 1.5 coaches moving on after the season? Has your opinion changed?

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    10. His mom preferred Herm and wouldn't allow us in her home for home visit. Made some lame excuse about he needs to study for his finals so he doesn't have time but then allows ASU in.
    Thanks Sonic - Jordan Berry recently backed off his pledge from LSU. Are the Huskies kicking the tires on him?
    Aren’t we looking for a different body type this cycle? Berry is more of the same as far as what we have.
    Yeah. I think Sonic said we are not recruiting a true DT type for this class. I just think w/ Mosiah's dismissal, we need a DT. I guess if Levi comes back it wont matter but I am still bullish he leaves.
    Levi could leave and get drafted, but DL is probably the 2nd most likely position to stick around for their r.Sr year after OL (I don't have evidence of this, just what it seems like I see most). He's not guaranteed day 2 by any means. Will be interesting what kind of grade he gets.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

him?

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    Levi could leave and get drafted, but DL is probably the 2nd most likely position to stick around for their r.Sr year after OL (I don't have evidence of this, just what it seems like I see most). He's not guaranteed day 2 by any means. Will be interesting what kind of grade he gets.
    He’s coming back. Has not been dominate
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

him?

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    He’s coming back. Has not been dominate
    IDK he is having quietly a nice year imo, he is never going to be vita but he is good
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

him?

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    We took Tuitele, Bandes, Paama, and Ngala last year. Latu might eventually be an issue guy too. He’s huge. Of all the worries we have, this one is way down the list.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

him?

1. He's still around
    2. He can not
    3. DL
    4. Yes
    6. No
    7. 5%
    8. Absolutely
    9. Don't know
    We took Tuitele, Bandes, Paama, and Ngala last year. Latu might eventually be an issue guy too. He’s huge. Of all the worries we have, this one is way down the list.
    And if a certain 2021 DT didn't redshirt, that would also help fill in any numbers gap
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993 - Everybody's favorite insider Roof said on one of her free Q&A that she heard that there may be a position switch in 2020. It came up regarding a question about 2021 LB recruiting. Any truth to this and is it Ariel Ngata because of his weight?
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

@sonics1993 in your opinion, what is holding this team and this coaching staff back?

Aggressiveness, need to stop playing not to lose and unleash the talent we have. Also Bush Hamdan's play calling.
    I can’t believe I’m actually asking this, but any idea if the coaches have heard the chorus of fans, analysts, and media calling for that very thing—“unleash the talent”? Are they remotely aware of this?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993 in your opinion, what is holding this team and this coaching staff back?

Aggressiveness, need to stop playing not to lose and unleash the talent we have. Also Bush Hamdan's play calling.
    I can’t believe I’m actually asking this, but any idea if the coaches have heard the chorus of fans, analysts, and media calling for that very thing—“unleash the talent”? Are they remotely aware of this?
    Of course they are, and it makes them (Pete) less likely to do it.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    @sonics1993 Seeing that we just dropped our best DB recruit, do we have any others who might be wavering? Also, is there any chance we see a slight change in the number of recruits offered by Pete? Seems like we miss on a few of our top guys (or someone decommits) and the board gets to be slim pickings really fast.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,022
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

@sonics1993 Seeing that we just dropped our best DB recruit, do we have any others who might be wavering? Also, is there any chance we see a slight change in the number of recruits offered by Pete? Seems like we miss on a few of our top guys (or someone decommits) and the board gets to be slim pickings really fast.

We dropped or he dropped us?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Of course they are, and it makes them (Pete) less likely to do it.
    What an immature twat.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

@sonics1993 - Everybody's favorite insider Roof said on one of her free Q&A that she heard that there may be a position switch in 2020. It came up regarding a question about 2021 LB recruiting. Any truth to this and is it Ariel Ngata because of his weight?

There's always talks of position changes but none will happen until spring. My guess is with recruiting being slow she is trying to draw interest.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He dropped us and Pete isn't changing his system. The reason we had so few offers this year if because we hit on most of our top guys especially offensively or got our plan B's quickly. This was solid efficient recruiting class and one decommit doesn't change that although it does suck.
  • Options
    NothingburgerNothingburger Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2019
    @sonics1993 do husky coaches have twitter burner accounts to follow fans, other coaches, players, etc?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@sonics1993 do husky coaches have twitter burner accounts to follow fans, other coaches, players, etc?

What a shitty first post. You should talk to @Ballz about getting this place dialed in.