Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TUFF Husky Coaching Attire for DDJ

124»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

People were glad to see Owens go and then started hating everything James did. Like dumping the spring game format and wearing athletic gear instead of a suit

That's a good look. My mom had a huge crush on Jimbo

Jim’s a handsome fellow. And I completely agree RE: the suits. I LOVE it when men put on a classy/stylish suit and tie.

At least football coaches haven’t adopted the baseball manager’s model of wearing a player’s uniform.
    When I entered the business world in the early 80's even us construction guys from the office wore slacks, a tie, and a sport coat. A suit if it was an important meet.

Today we are one step removed from stained sweat pants and a tee. It is remarkable how informal we are

Pretty much the only suits are lawyers. Its too bad in a way
    It is too bad. I think everyone generally carries themselves differently (for the better) when they dress up. I always feel more polished when I wear a dress/skirt/heels out, but if I do so during the week people think I have an interview or a date.

Whoa. Putting my Tinder profile photo on boreds? Not cool OBK!

MODS?!?!
    Tinder is dumb, hth!

And this is coming from a college kid
    Why do you need tinder in college?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

People were glad to see Owens go and then started hating everything James did. Like dumping the spring game format and wearing athletic gear instead of a suit

Jim’s a handsome fellow. And I completely agree RE: the suits. I LOVE it when men put on a classy/stylish suit and tie.

At least football coaches haven’t adopted the baseball manager’s model of wearing a player’s uniform.
    When I entered the business world in the early 80's even us construction guys from the office wore slacks, a tie, and a sport coat. A suit if it was an important meet.

Today we are one step removed from stained sweat pants and a tee. It is remarkable how informal we are

CEO of my old company would say that you take yourself more seriously in a coat and tie. And he was right. You don't slouch at your desk and half-ass as much. You like you look more serious so it translates to how you feel. You feel like a serious adult ready to do bidness, not jog around the track.
    Food for thought. I'm taking over our outside sales on the wet side but moving to Leavenworth to do it. Currently in Spocompton. My dress up has always been casual, nice dress shirt, shoes and Levi's or Kuhl pants. You and Race make good points and I may want to give it a trial run. My biggest problem with a suit and tie etc is that it's just not me and I want to be authentic to my customers. Anything that might better myself/sales/company image however is worth consideration. If anyone needs premium high quality blow up dolls or oversized butt plugs I'm your hook up.
    Thanks for the doll and butt plug reference. I'll PM you.

The alternative for you that might work better than an actual suit and tie is to go legit biz casual. I don't mean biz casual as interpreted by the rank and file, which means dockers and some button up shirt of any kind. The HR VP at my old company had a nice rule for those of us who need guidance (me): "if it's eligible for the dryer, don't wear it on the outside of your body." So, your underwear and socks and that's it. Everything else is hung up when you get home, and dry cleaned when needed.

Legit wool slacks, actual dress shoes and a matching belt, a button up dress shirt, and two or three good sport coats, one of which can be a class blue blazer. A bit more casual than a full-on suit, which I only wear when the board is in town, but still makes you look like a serious person.

Image shit like that matters. Sure, if you're selling bait you don't need to worry about it. If you're actually in the field doing something where you are exposed to the elements, dress accordingly.

But if you're in a business setting, a good and honest biz casual look works well. In Tech, the guys doing the work don't dress up, but the guys brokering the work ... the guys who run the business or are in charge of real divisions, those guys still dress up.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

CEO of my old company would say that you take yourself more seriously in a coat and tie. And he was right. You don't slouch at your desk and half-ass as much. You like you look more serious so it translates to how you feel. You feel like a serious adult ready to do bidness, not jog around the track.
    Food for thought. I'm taking over our outside sales on the wet side but moving to Leavenworth to do it. Currently in Spocompton. My dress up has always been casual, nice dress shirt, shoes and Levi's or Kuhl pants. You and Race make good points and I may want to give it a trial run. My biggest problem with a suit and tie etc is that it's just not me and I want to be authentic to my customers. Anything that might better myself/sales/company image however is worth consideration. If anyone needs premium high quality blow up dolls or oversized butt plugs I'm your hook up.

The alternative for you that might work better than an actual suit and tie is to go legit biz casual. I don't mean biz casual as interpreted by the rank and file, which means dockers and some button up shirt of any kind. The HR VP at my old company had a nice rule for those of us who need guidance (me): "if it's eligible for the dryer, don't wear it on the outside of your body." So, your underwear and socks and that's it. Everything else is hung up when you get home, and dry cleaned when needed.

Legit wool slacks, actual dress shoes and a matching belt, a button up dress shirt, and two or three good sport coats, one of which can be a class blue blazer. A bit more casual than a full-on suit, which I only wear when the board is in town, but still makes you look like a serious person.

Image shit like that matters. Sure, if you're selling bait you don't need to worry about it. If you're actually in the field doing something where you are exposed to the elements, dress accordingly.

But if you're in a business setting, a good and honest biz casual look works well. In Tech, the guys doing the work don't dress up, but the guys brokering the work ... the guys who run the business or are in charge of real divisions, those guys still dress up.

Creepy Cotoure
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It is too bad. I think everyone generally carries themselves differently (for the better) when they dress up. I always feel more polished when I wear a dress/skirt/heels out, but if I do so during the week people think I have an interview or a date.

MODS?!?!
    Tinder is dumb, hth!

So I heard...what is the cool hook up app these days?

Fuck dating apps. I and most others prefer the old fashion way meeting at a party or bar
    That’s stupid Fudgepack. You can do both.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

MODS?!?!
    Tinder is dumb, hth!

So I heard...what is the cool hook up app these days?

Fuck dating apps. I and most others prefer the old fashion way meeting at a party or bar
    That’s stupid Fudgepack. You can do both.
    Sounds like young fudge needs to visit the toilet section at Lowe’s and get a lesson on living a life of abundance from a man with a drunk father in law on the couch.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its blue collar shit. Automotive. Most of the reps in suit and tie are in a different world than their targets. Shooting for respectable but not screaming "God what a monstrosity that big 4x4 gas guzzler is" from my driver's seat in a BMW.