Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang pulls out a shotgun

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sorry Yang.
    https://www.yang2020.com/policies/gun-safety/

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.

2A shouldn't be the primary issue to vote on. No one's coming for your guns and you can't find me 38 state legislatures ready to amend the Constitution. American's love their guns and they are here to stay.
    I agree, which is why I’m trying to convince people that like him but disqualify him on that single issue to reconsider.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Sorry Yang.

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.

2A shouldn't be the primary issue to vote on. No one's coming for your guns and you can't find me 38 state legislatures ready to amend the Constitution. American's love their guns and they are here to stay.
    I agree, which is why I’m trying to convince people that like him but disqualify him on that single issue to reconsider.
    I like my civil rights, and I'd like to keep them.
  • Options

Sorry Yang.

Me too. He has a stated position in everything. But has anything he’s said indicated that this is a priority for him?

I mean, even with total control of Congress, we’ve had 3 straight admins struggle to get ONE major change through. For him it’s UBI. Not guns. Beto is proof that being an anti-gun nut isn’t viable.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sorry Yang.

Me too. He has a stated position in everything. But has anything he’s said indicated that this is a priority for him?

I mean, even with total control of Congress, we’ve had 3 straight admins struggle to get ONE major change through. For him it’s UBI. Not guns. Beto is proof that being an anti-gun nut isn’t viable.
    It's important enough to have a lengthy policy statement on his campaign site. I mean, yeah, I don't think it's important to him either. But I've learned not to trust politicians on things important to me, especially when they have a public position contrary to my values.

All meaningless, of course. Yang's going nowhere in this race, which is too bad.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been hearing recently that protecting the constitution is vital
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sorry Yang.

No BoR issue should be the primary to vote on. They should all be sacrosanct. However, 2A is the one most openly and directly attacked, followed by 1A and 4A.

As I've said, you want to make substantive changes to legal gun ownership, do it honestly and propose an amendment to alter. Eroding it piecemeal is not good, not just for 2A but for the Constitution and civil rights broadly.
    Don't disagree. I just don't stress about it as much as my HH 2A bros. I am convinced there would be a major armed insurrection if the federales seriously tried to come for guns.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    edited December 2019

Obama talked TUFF on guns to and literally did nothing. Gun control is not gonna happen. The amount of political capital it would take to fight that fight would be insane. And potentially end in total failure. 2A has bipartisan support.

Besides, his main issue is the economy. I doubt gun legislation is even in his top 25 policy wish list.

Yet they all say they'll ban everything. I take them at their word. You'd vote for someone if he said he's going to jail all democrats if you liked him.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sorry Yang.

No BoR issue should be the primary to vote on. They should all be sacrosanct. However, 2A is the one most openly and directly attacked, followed by 1A and 4A.

As I've said, you want to make substantive changes to legal gun ownership, do it honestly and propose an amendment to alter. Eroding it piecemeal is not good, not just for 2A but for the Constitution and civil rights broadly.
    Don't disagree. I just don't stress about it as much as my HH 2A bros. I am convinced there would be a major armed insurrection if the federales seriously tried to come for guns.
    I get it. Just keep an eye on how the current and proposed "common sense controls" on a constitutionally-protected right are carried out.
  • Options

Trump's unwitting legacy, in my book, is exposing real hypocrisies and reversals on both sides.
    He should be impeached for that

I'm not a single issue guy and don't own guns but candidates that devote that much time to getting rid of our rights don't get my vote

Telling me he doesn't mean it makes it worse.
    I think he means it, that’s his stance. Not arguing that.

My point is he won’t prioritize it.

I mean, Trump promised a lot of things, and he hasn’t even attempted some of them. RIP Infrastructure Week...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Trump's unwitting legacy, in my book, is exposing real hypocrisies and reversals on both sides.

I'm not a single issue guy and don't own guns but candidates that devote that much time to getting rid of our rights don't get my vote

I mean, Trump promised a lot of things, and he hasn’t even attempted some of them. RIP Infrastructure Week...
    Of course, Trump has said lots of things that didn't happen. I doubt that decreased your opposition to him just because he couldn't pull it off.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is God's judgement on the collective fucktardness Democratic and Republican parties circa 1992- 2016.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883

Of course, Trump has said lots of things that didn't happen. I doubt that decreased your opposition to him just because he couldn't pull it off.
    Trumps delivered on more promises than anyone in my memory. He's got 5 more years.
  • Options

I support investment in our infrastructure and thought that was the one thing he could get bipartisan support for easily.

He promised cheap healthcare for everyone.

He said he was gonna pull out of the ME.

These are all things I support that he said he would do.

0/3

I’m judging based on his actions. I’m not giving him credit for inheriting a strong economy and keeping the train on the track, which is his only “achievement” that I support. Although I hate strong economies, just ask @PGOS
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    edited December 2019

Solemn,man. Totally solemn.