Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang pulls out a shotgun

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yang2020 is a run I can get behind
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sorry Yang.
    https://www.yang2020.com/policies/gun-safety/

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sorry Yang.

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.

Do you take issue with any of the "common sense" measures he's proposing, or is it specifically the tier 3 rules that bother you?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Imagine being scare of a little Asian man.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Yang is a nut, but the DNC trying to hide him is pure comedy gold...
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Yang is a nut, but the DNC trying to hide him is pure comedy gold...

Far from a nut.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sorry Yang.

Do you take issue with any of the "common sense" measures he's proposing, or is it specifically the tier 3 rules that bother you?
    Tier 3 is unspecific, what are "advanced" weapons if not already covered under the NFA? Overall I just think he's full of shit on this privacy stuff, while then also making this area of civil rights exercise subject to federal inspection of personal property.

And this:
    Be grandfathered in with their current license, and for the 1-year requirement if they decide to apply for a Tier 2 license
    There are no federal licenses "basic hunting rifles & handguns," nor even the scary semiauto guns, thus no current licenses to honor. This also seems to leave open confiscation of existing, legally owned firearms.

Receive a one-time “Good Gun Owner” tax credit for adhering to the additional requirements implemented by the new system
    Fuck off, that's just insulting. The vast, vasty majority are, and we! don't need your gold sticker.

Be allowed to register any currently unregistered firearm without facing any penalties.
    Uh, thanks? Again, this doesn't seem to demonstrate an understanding of how things currently work at the federal level.

I don't think firearms rights and control are a major issue for his campaign, because there doesn't appear to be much understanding of the legal and constitutional realities as they currently exist, e.g., "think a CDL vs. a regular driver’s license."

I get the interest with Yang, particularly from the personality standpoint. Not prone to hysterics, measured, etc. The more I look at what he's proposing, beyond the UBI thing, it's a weird mix of technocratic management with an equal fear of technology.

Oh and this:
    https://www.yang2020.com/policies/local-journalism-fund/
    More state media, lovely.
    @ThomasFremont
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sorry Yang.

Tier 3 is unspecific, what are "advanced" weapons if not already covered under the NFA? Overall I just think he's full of shit on this privacy stuff, while then also making this area of civil rights exercise subject to federal inspection of personal property.

And this:
    Be grandfathered in with their current license, and for the 1-year requirement if they decide to apply for a Tier 2 license
    There are no federal licenses "basic hunting rifles & handguns," nor even the scary semiauto guns, thus no current licenses to honor. This also seems to leave open confiscation of existing, legally owned firearms.

Receive a one-time “Good Gun Owner” tax credit for adhering to the additional requirements implemented by the new system
    Fuck off, that's just insulting. The vast, vasty majority are, and we! don't need your gold sticker.

Be allowed to register any currently unregistered firearm without facing any penalties.
    Uh, thanks? Again, this doesn't seem to demonstrate an understanding of how things currently work at the federal level.

I don't think firearms rights and control are a major issue for his campaign, because there doesn't appear to be much understanding of the legal and constitutional realities as they currently exist, e.g., "think a CDL vs. a regular driver’s license."

I get the interest with Yang, particularly from the personality standpoint. Not prone to hysterics, measured, etc. The more I look at what he's proposing, beyond the UBI thing, it's a weird mix of technocratic management with an equal fear of technology.

Oh and this:
    https://www.yang2020.com/policies/local-journalism-fund/
    More state media, lovely.
    @ThomasFremont
    Your photographic memory and recall of old threads is sort of scary. Are you a Terminator?

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Obama talked TUFF on guns to and literally did nothing. Gun control is not gonna happen. The amount of political capital it would take to fight that fight would be insane. And potentially end in total failure. 2A has bipartisan support.

Besides, his main issue is the economy. I doubt gun legislation is even in his top 25 policy wish list.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sorry Yang.

2A shouldn't be the primary issue to vote on. No one's coming for your guns and you can't find me 38 state legislatures ready to amend the Constitution. American's love their guns and they are here to stay.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Obama talked TUFF on guns to and literally did nothing. Gun control is not gonna happen. The amount of political capital it would take to fight that fight would be insane. And potentially end in total failure. 2A has bipartisan support.

Besides, his main issue is the economy. I doubt gun legislation is even in his top 25 policy wish list.

So what you're saying is, Yang's policy statements aren't to be trusted at face value.