Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang pulls out a shotgun

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Imagine being scare of a little Asian man.

Yes. And?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sorry Yang.
    https://www.yang2020.com/policies/gun-safety/

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.

2A shouldn't be the primary issue to vote on. No one's coming for your guns and you can't find me 38 state legislatures ready to amend the Constitution. American's love their guns and they are here to stay.
    No BoR issue should be the primary to vote on. They should all be sacrosanct. However, 2A is the one most openly and directly attacked, followed by 1A and 4A.

As I've said, you want to make substantive changes to legal gun ownership, do it honestly and propose an amendment to alter. Eroding it piecemeal is not good, not just for 2A but for the Constitution and civil rights broadly.
    Don't disagree. I just don't stress about it as much as my HH 2A bros. I am convinced there would be a major armed insurrection if the federales seriously tried to come for guns.
    I get it. Just keep an eye on how the current and proposed "common sense controls" on a constitutionally-protected right are carried out.
    We just might find out soon in Virginia.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,036
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

Talks a strong game in privacy, data collection, etc in other areas. Not so much with lawful exercise of 2A.

2A shouldn't be the primary issue to vote on. No one's coming for your guns and you can't find me 38 state legislatures ready to amend the Constitution. American's love their guns and they are here to stay.
    No BoR issue should be the primary to vote on. They should all be sacrosanct. However, 2A is the one most openly and directly attacked, followed by 1A and 4A.

As I've said, you want to make substantive changes to legal gun ownership, do it honestly and propose an amendment to alter. Eroding it piecemeal is not good, not just for 2A but for the Constitution and civil rights broadly.
    Don't disagree. I just don't stress about it as much as my HH 2A bros. I am convinced there would be a major armed insurrection if the federales seriously tried to come for guns.
    I get it. Just keep an eye on how the current and proposed "common sense controls" on a constitutionally-protected right are carried out.
    They haven't even written and passed a law yet and they threaten turning the national guard out to take guns away.

Gosh I wonder what kind of laws they're thinking about.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

They haven't even written and passed a law yet and they threaten turning the national guard out to take guns away.

Governor Blackface already walked back the whole "confiscate the AR's" thing when they realized there would be armed revolt in the hills. But ban on future sales of ARs, red flag law, and a ban on high capacity magazines are foregone conclusions. Virginia will become California overnight. Sad day for freedom. Great day for tyranny.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

Governor Blackface already walked back the whole "confiscate the AR's" thing when they realized there would be armed revolt in the hills. But ban on future sales of ARs, red flag law, and a ban on high capacity magazines are foregone conclusions. Virginia will become California overnight. Sad day for freedom. Great day for tyranny.
    Or great day for a little revolution to retake their state.

Imagine if say 100,000 armed men and women just showed up at the state capital hung out for a couple hours and then went home.

How would that gun control vote go if that happened?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

Imagine if say 100,000 armed men and women just showed up at the state capital hung out for a couple hours and then went home.

Are you suggesting our democracy should be held hostage by threat of violence?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,950

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

That was sort of the whole point of the 2nd Amendment.

If the government was tyrannical to its people, the people could usurp it. By force, if necessary.

The ultimate get your shit together/electoral college, so to speak.

• Options
    edited December 2019

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Sorry Yang.

Absolutely. Since you're dumb I'll remind you this is a republic and that is exactly what the second amendment was intended for.

I'm sure 10,000 would do.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, so where has this armed resistance been while our privacy rights are stripped away? Or do you only care about your favorite amendment?

Just admit your little hobby is what it is and your Constitutional arguments are empty air. Or you’d have done something already.
  • Options

Hmmmm, so where has this armed resistance been while our privacy rights are stripped away? Or do you only care about your favorite amendment?

Just admit your little hobby is what it is and your Constitutional arguments are empty air. Or you’d have done something already.

Why are all authoritarians like TF such control freaks? Because they have no actual power? Or balls?
  • Options

I've been voting against it. The 2A is the amendment that protects all the others. It is the most important amendment. You're a pretend totalitarian what the first thing your side does? Take people's guns. History much? That education you claimed sucked and produced a turd.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

I've been voting against it. The 2A is the amendment that protects all the others. It is the most important amendment. You're a pretend totalitarian what the first thing your side does? Take people's guns. History much? That education you claimed sucked and produced a turd.
    You have NOT been voting against the erosion of our privacy rights.

And gun rights remain intact.

When are you going to do something about it?

That’s your entire claim, that your guns defend the Constitution. Get to it or shut the fuck up.
  • Options

Why are all authoritarians like TF such control freaks? Because they have no actual power? Or balls?
    I’m an authoritarian because I believe in preserving our privacy rights as guaranteed in the Constitution?

Good one.

Got any more gems?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,950

I’m an authoritarian because I believe in preserving our privacy rights as guaranteed in the Constitution?

Good one.

Got any more gems?
    It sounds like you have your own favorite hobby Amendment, then.

• Options

Sledog said:

You have NOT been voting against the erosion of our privacy rights.

And gun rights remain intact.

When are you going to do something about it?

That’s your entire claim, that your guns defend the Constitution. Get to it or shut the fuck up.
    They're for the worst case. We're not there yet but idiot's like you keep pushing.

Are you really this stupid or do you just play stupid on the internet?
  • Options

Good one.

Got any more gems?

I don’t pretend that the 2A is some elevated king of the amendments like some.

And I’m mostly just curious when Sledog is planning to step up and defend the Constitution like he says he will. It’s eroding around us as we speak. It’s almost like guns don’t defend our freedoms, people defend our freedoms, eh?
  • Options

Good one.

Got any more gems?
    No. You're authoritarian because you want government to be your mommy and get those mean kids with their guns in trouble.
  • Options

Good one.

Got any more gems?

And I’m mostly just curious when Sledog is planning to step up and defend the Constitution like he says he will. It’s eroding around us as we speak. It’s almost like guns don’t defend our freedoms, people defend our freedoms, eh?
    Ok you're not pretending.
  • Options

Good one.

Got any more gems?
    No. You're authoritarian because you want government to be your mommy and get those mean kids with their guns in trouble.
    Where did I say that? Let me save you some time, I didn’t.

All I said is that Yang’s position is irrelevant because he will never have the political capital to fight that fight. And that it is not a high priority for his campaign anyways.

You caught up now?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Good one.

Got any more gems?

Ok you're not pretending.
    Cmon Sled, you swore an oath. And you claim you’re a bad man on the trigger.

Are you an oath breaker or a pussy or abundance?