Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Live look at Oregon recruiting

Comments

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The bottom line is that Oregon needs DT’s a lot more than DE’s not that the Ducks wouldn’t have liked to have him in their 2020 class.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

The bottom line is that Oregon needs DT’s a lot more than DE’s not that the Ducks wouldn’t have liked to have him in their 2020 class.

DJDuck said:

You see we spat and pray offers. UW restricts the offers to have value. When a recruit commits elsewhere, it’s because the were passed over.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I personally want uw to beat a tuff Oregon team
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    DJDuck said:

Not a commitable offer? Maybe you could explain that to us.

Besides I said they offered him which they did.

Schools offer way more recruits than they can actually take. That means some have an offer they can actually commit to and some don't. He did not have a committable offer from Ohio State.
    DJDuck said:

Which is why Oregon was hoping to get him and bulk him up to 285-290 and play DT for them.

DJDuck said:

Which is why Oregon was hoping to get him and bulk him up to 285-290 and play DT for them.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Yes I do. Take the L. Oregon is taking a lot of them. This one shouldn't be so hard to take.

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Yes I do. Take the L. Oregon is taking a lot of them. This one shouldn't be so hard to take.
    I don’t really care if we got the L. No one thinks Fillinger is getting to 290. The kid is barely 240 on a good day. Oregon is going to flex their front and they don’t need to force him to be a 3-4 DE.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

I don’t really care if we got the L. No one thinks Fillinger is getting to 290. The kid is barely 240 on a good day. Oregon is going to flex their front and they don’t need to force him to be a 3-4 DE.
    He was their top realistic D-line target and they lost him. Nuff said.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Montra Edwards and Quay Evans are coming to SNL (unofficial visits confirmed) and both of them are on record saying they will commit if it checks out. Also, the staff is pursuing Caldwell despite his commitment to Kansas. Caldwell is their top want at nose and he was interviewed and said he is lining up an official visit. That kid is soft to Kansas. These were always the 3 - 4 interior prospects for months.

Fillinger was always a kid they will flex. Everyone can see he’s not a 3-4 interior player. He’s most like a SDE in a 4-3. There are plenty left on the table right now that Oregon has a shot to take.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Montra Edwards and Quay Evans are coming to SNL (unofficial visits confirmed) and both of them are on record saying they will commit if it checks out. Also, the staff is pursuing Caldwell despite his commitment to Kansas. Caldwell is their top want at nose and he was interviewed and said he is lining up an official visit. That kid is soft to Kansas. These were always the 3 - 4 interior prospects for months.

Fillinger was always a kid they will flex. Everyone can see he’s not a 3-4 interior player. He’s most like a SDE in a 4-3. There are plenty left on the table right now that Oregon has a shot to take.
    Those guys all suck. Nobody wants them. Oregon looking to flip a guy from Kansas? Jesus. Fillinger at least has a legit offer sheet and is going to Texas. He's obviously a better prospect than those guys and Oregon needs all the D-line talent they can get regardless of position fit. They obviously thought he'd be a great fit in their defense or else they wouldn't have recruited him so hard.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

Those guys all suck. Nobody wants them. Oregon looking to flip a guy from Kansas? Jesus. Fillinger at least has a legit offer sheet and is going to Texas. He's obviously a better prospect than those guys and Oregon needs all the D-line talent they can get regardless of position fit. They obviously thought he'd be a great fit in their defense or else they wouldn't have recruited him so hard.
    Oregon is going to take 3 stars from the southeast more often than not on the DL. Kristian Williams and Brandon Dorlus are only reinforcing the reasons to do so. They’re just physically impressive.

Quay Evans is a take at West Virginia and UCF and Caldwell at Ole Miss and Kansas (Les Miles staff that is respected in LA). They’re not blue chip kids but it’s making lemonade with lemons.

There is a lot of talent in the Southeast that cant go to blue bloods.

DJDuck said:

Schools offer way more recruits than they can actually take. That means some have an offer they can actually commit to and some don't. He did not have a committable offer from Ohio State.
    So your contention is that all the offers a team makes are not really offers? Where is this written down in the NCAA rule book?

And you know this how?

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

So your contention is that all the offers a team makes are not really offers? Where is this written down in the NCAA rule book?

And you know this how?

This is self evident and commonplace. In fact, Oregon does this regularly. However, SAC pretends to have the inside scoop on every player.
    Anyway my point is made by the fact he was offered by Michigan and committed to Texas which means by his definition they are as desperate as Oregon.
    DJDuck said:

Anyway my point is made by the fact he was offered by Michigan and committed to Texas which means by his definition they are as desperate as Oregon.

It’s really not worth getting sucked into it. Oregon and UW have two different recruiting strategies on the DL. Truth be told we couldn’t execute what UW is doing. Malloe and UW deserve the best West Coast talent. It is what is.

What SAC is unwilling to admit is that Oregon’s strategy is an extremely good alternative. Taking B level kids from the Southeast and getting numbers will produce. The kids that don’t pan out will be more likely to transfer home.

Taking West Coast kids will lead to uneven classes. Sure, you can redshirt and greyshirt to even it out a bit.

The dudes from the southeast are ready made. You don’t have to worry about framing up a kid and hoping he puts on weight. Evans, Caldwell and Edwards are already big.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

?

Isn't it obvious? Their class is gonna suck ass. Van Fillinger was their top realistic D-line target. A 3-star guy UW was lightly interested in and he's going to Texas. They won't get a single 4-star offensive or defensive lineman in this class. When Williams and Slusher decommit, they will struggle to finish with 6 4-star signees. It's going to be a Helfrich level class. Oregon is fucking done. They are falling back to middle of the Pac recruiting wise and will stay there for a long time. This is the beginning of the end for them. UW is digging their grave right now on the recruiting trail. The beat down they put on them in Husky Stadium this season will be the final nail in the coffin. RIP any hope of an Oregon football resurgence.
    I want to believe
    “The Oregon Myth”
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

It’s really not worth getting sucked into it. Oregon and UW have two different recruiting strategies on the DL. Truth be told we couldn’t execute what UW is doing. Malloe and UW deserve the best West Coast talent. It is what is.

What SAC is unwilling to admit is that Oregon’s strategy is an extremely good alternative. Taking B level kids from the Southeast and getting numbers will produce. The kids that don’t pan out will be more likely to transfer home.

Taking West Coast kids will lead to uneven classes. Sure, you can redshirt and greyshirt to even it out a bit.

The dudes from the southeast are ready made. You don’t have to worry about framing up a kid and hoping he puts on weight. Evans, Caldwell and Edwards are already big.
    The Southeast D-lineman Oregon has and are recruiting suck. Williams and Dorlus are scrubs. 3-star guys from the Southeast are not inherently better than 3-star guys from the West coast just because they're from the Southeast. West coast Poly D-lineman are better than bottom of the barrel leftovers from the Southeast that the big schools down there didn't want.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gotta hand it to ya lawsandl you interact with sac like a champ in all these threads.

I would have taken my ball home with me already.

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

The Southeast D-lineman Oregon has and are recruiting suck. Williams and Dorlus are scrubs. 3-star guys from the Southeast are not inherently better than 3-star guys from the West coast just because they're from the Southeast. West coast Poly D-lineman are better than bottom of the barrel leftovers from the Southeast that the big schools down there didn't want.
    Dorlus will be a breakout player unless he injures himself. Kid is 285, no bad weight, broad shoulders, thick lower body and he’s driven. After looking at Dorlus, Williams, Hill at stafety, give me those kids any day of the week.