Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Live look at Oregon recruiting

123457»

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

Lol, 247 and Scoopduck teasing Denis as an Oregon lean for his commitment tomorrow.

https://247sports.com/player/jonathan-denis-46046872/

Oregon pulling a 4 star OG out of FL.

You ride the up and downs too hard, SAC.

Tell me he’s going to de-commit and his film is horrible.

• He's good, but he's essentially the same piece as Marcus Harper. They're both in the Dallas Warmack archetype. Yore not putting either of them at tackle.

• He's a four star by .010 composite points. There's a good chance he's a three-star by the end of the process, in the same way Trikweze Bridges was a four-star who became a three-star.

• I'd prefer Levi Rogers who's a stone-cold lock to be a four-star when it's all said and done and seems a little more in the Dawson Jaramillo archetype. He might be a right tackle. He might be a left guard. But apparently i'm alone there.

• The flaw in this recruiting class is that there isn't one person we?re pursuing who you look at and say "That's a tackle." The bright side is we? have another two years of Sewell and nothing cataclysmic happened to Tauanu'u.

• The most important pieces in tomorrow's events are the 2021 prototypical left tackles.
    Rogers is pegged at center by the staff. So, Denis doesn’t take his spot. Harrison is also the other center. So, it looks like a first come first serve deal.

The tackle prospects are Fashanu, (open despite commitment with Penn State) and Coffey.
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

Lol, 247 and Scoopduck teasing Denis as an Oregon lean for his commitment tomorrow.

I hope Oregon gets all the four stars from the southeast. Some will decommit, the ones that don't will take more babysitting to get them here, and they're far more likely to portal out than west coast kids. Oh and it leaves more west coast talent to go to other west coast schools (hypothetically).

Wins across the bored if you axe me.
    It is a win/win. Those guys see the field early, they don’t transfer. They don’t cut the mustard, they portal out. Keep a continuous flow of talent cycling through.
    This is a great philosophy if you have #FlexFridays and shit player development.

I approve.
    Saban processes them fast and take large classes every year.
    And gets classes full of 5 stars.

Apples and apple bottom jeans.

It’s a philosophy and not just one that works with 5 stars.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

There's no difference. Those guys you mentioned all started playing for UW as RS Freshman and UW's defense was really good with them playing as RS Freshman. It's the same with Tuli and Taki. Talent wins. Experience is for mediocre programs that don't have a lot of talent.

Those players had the benefit of playing next to someone experienced and talented. We can go around in circles on this but the 2019 season is new territory for UW. We just aren’t going to agree. The fact that you concede nothing is blockheaded.

I am sure Taki and Tuli will be good and flash dominance. They will also make some frosh mistakes too. UW is in for another 3 loss season in the the regular season.
    You keep trying to find excuses man. Tuli and Taki will be paired with one of the veteran older guys when they play so they have someone on the field they can communicate with who knows the defense inside and out. The top-4 rotation will be Taki and Levi and then Tuli and Benning. They'll be fine.

UW is going anywhere from 10-2 to 12-0. Cal is a trap game because of their defense and UW's offense breaking in a new QB and RB. After that, they'll be favored to win every game because all their toughest games are at home. Their defense will dominate. Run game will dominate. It's just a matter of getting the passing game dialed in to decide if they go to the Rose Bowl or the Playoffs.
    9-3
    If they had a big non conference game the first game of the season while breaking in a new QB and RB, I'd say 9-3 is a possibility. But that's not the case. UW's defense will be too dominant for them to lose more than two games with their schedule and the offense would have to absolutely shit themselves for those two losses to happen. Our secondary is literally the best we've ever had under Petersen and nobody outside of UW fans knows it, yet.
    Just an FYI, but the two individuals that said Eason is not all that said the same about the secondary. I do expect the secondary to very talented. With inexperience all over the field, I’d expect some frosh mistakes.
    Then your source is full of shit. Lake said this is the best overall secondary he's had here back in the Spring. ANd they're not Freshman. Keith Taylor and Elijah Molden are true Juniors who have played a lot. Myles Bryant is a true Senior who has played a lot and has been a starter the past two seasons. They have experience with youth mixed in.
    They echoed what you said. It was poorly written.
    Eason has played two Spring balls of UW's offense. He just needs to get his reads down so he can let it rip. I prefer a guy who is careful with the ball than fucking Haener who is just out there wildly slinging it around all willy nilly and throwing it to the defense. Eason is better than Browning. Don't need him to be a superstar his first season. A game manager will do because of the defense and run game. But at least we know Eason has the arm talent to make all the throws and scare teams with his deep ball. There is a dimension of UW's offense that is automatically unlocked with Eason on teh field compared to Browning. UW will get back to being more explosive and aggressive throwing the ball vertically down the field.
    Wait. Who are you really? Is this @RaceBannon ?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I hope Oregon gets all the four stars from the southeast. Some will decommit, the ones that don't will take more babysitting to get them here, and they're far more likely to portal out than west coast kids. Oh and it leaves more west coast talent to go to other west coast schools (hypothetically).

It is a win/win. Those guys see the field early, they don’t transfer. They don’t cut the mustard, they portal out. Keep a continuous flow of talent cycling through.
    This is a great philosophy if you have #FlexFridays and shit player development.

I approve.

Bama has kids wait their turn for three years and then turn into top 10 picks.

Oregon's turnover rate is much, much higher than Bama's.

If it's the same philosophy it's not being executed half as well.
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I approve.

Oregon is at 85 scholarships now and Cristobal did a fantastic job getting the roster there. Oregon has less deadweight than I’ve seen in awhile.

Also, Cristobal hasn’t had the time to really execute. Continuity will help.

For all the talk about losing player, name on that should make me care?

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I approve.

Oregon is at 85 scholarships now and Cristobal did a fantastic job getting the roster there. Oregon has less deadweight than I’ve seen in awhile.

The majority of the kids from the Southeast are a transfer risk if they don't play at Oregon as soon as they had hoped. You know them better than any of us. You name them.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I approve.

He needs more tim

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

I approve.

He needs more tim
    This makes no sense. I am happy with his two classes. I thought 9 wins was good last year.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

• He's good, but he's essentially the same piece as Marcus Harper. They're both in the Dallas Warmack archetype. Yore not putting either of them at tackle.

• He's a four star by .010 composite points. There's a good chance he's a three-star by the end of the process, in the same way Trikweze Bridges was a four-star who became a three-star.

• I'd prefer Levi Rogers who's a stone-cold lock to be a four-star when it's all said and done and seems a little more in the Dawson Jaramillo archetype. He might be a right tackle. He might be a left guard. But apparently i'm alone there.

• The flaw in this recruiting class is that there isn't one person we?re pursuing who you look at and say "That's a tackle." The bright side is we? have another two years of Sewell and nothing cataclysmic happened to Tauanu'u.

• The most important pieces in tomorrow's events are the 2021 prototypical left tackles.
    Rogers is pegged at center by the staff. So, Denis doesn’t take his spot. Harrison is also the other center. So, it looks like a first come first serve deal.

The tackle prospects are Fashanu, (open despite commitment with Penn State) and Coffey.
    Jaramillo may be next year's center. He may be a guard. He spent the spring game at right tackle. Looking at Rogers as purely a center doesn't seem right. At a high end, his film is elements of Throckmorton. At a low end, he's more in line with Evan Voeller. You could put Forsyth and Jaramillo in that same bucket.

The problem with Denis is moor that he's the slightly better rated Harper.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Jaramillo may be next year's center. He may be a guard. He spent the spring game at right tackle. Looking at Rogers as purely a center doesn't seem right. At a high end, his film is elements of Throckmorton. At a low end, he's more in line with Evan Voeller. You could put Forsyth and Jaramillo in that same bucket.

Better than Harper is way better than anything in the West Coast other than Rogers. Also, Rogers is high on WSU.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    My sources who play on the team are in awe of what Eason can do. Hth!
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Better than Harper is way better than anything in the West Coast other than Rogers. Also, Rogers is high on WSU.
    Yup because UW choked everyone out west for OL prospects hth

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Yup because UW choked everyone out west for OL prospects hth
    Good job.
    Oregon getting a cb for Witfong for a 2021 Center. He’s stacking them 84 composites.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jackson-Light-125329/RecruitInterests/
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

TBF, everyone is always in awe of whomever is there. Team comments are almost always the most shit comments. Right next to "there's a new energy in camp this year. guys are really getting after it. blah blah blah."

There is nothing so useless on this earth as an athlete or coach interview.

That said, I'm sure skinny can rip it!
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

TBF, everyone is always in awe of whomever is there. Team comments are almost always the most shit comments. Right next to "there's a new energy in camp this year. guys are really getting after it. blah blah blah."

I don't think BTP is interviewing players or coaches. He's talking to guys he knows on the team as a friend. I'm sure he is getting a more honest take than a reporter would interviewing a coach or player for an article. His sources also said Sirmon was a weird cat and that nobody liked him. I don't think I could read that in a Vorel article.

Shooting the shit with dudes. They also shit on kids on the team too lol