Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How is Trump going to handle the immigration issue come election time?

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The people aren't as dumb as you think they are and you're not a smart as you think you are Coug. It all balances out.

How smart do you think I think I am?

I thought mind reading was off limits here.

It has been said that good indicators of intelligence are the ability to listen and compromise and to be reasonable; and the humility to know you don't know everything, to ask questions and to admit when you have got it wrong or learned something.

If the person who said that was right, it doesn't bode too well for you; although I have a fighter's chance.
    As I've already told you, I don't need to read your mind in order to know that you think you're much brighter than you really are.
    As I've already responded, yes you do. Otherwise you're just grabbing your dick and whistling in the wind. I could say the very same thing about you, except that it's a stupid charge, so I don't.

Or do you think that you don't come off as a pedantic prick?
    Dude, all I need to do is read your overly wordy responses to know you're a guy who loves the sound of his own voice and you think you're smarter than you really are.
    Dude, no, it's not all you need to do. You profess to know how smart I think I am. So you're a mind reader.

Again, I could say the same exact thing about you.

All I need to do is watch how you occupy the Tug everyday, lining up baited thread after baited thread, all day every day, and arguing to 20th page and beyond if necessary to get the last word and demonstrate how much more you know than all but a few of your supporting cast and how masterful you are at debating and exposing all these idiot liberals.

That, and your constant need to be right and your apparent incapacity to see your own bias in every angle you take, is all I need to know that you think you're much brighter than you actually are.
    The thing is, I'm not that bright. I'm just smarter than you. You exposed yourself with your "the Christian right might do something!!!!" Don't feel bad, you're smarter than Hondo, El Monte, Owl and Flea. You're just not as bright as you think you are.
    Not a very good response mind reader. How exactly did that "expose" my intelligence? We've been through this. Anti-American muslim women and transgender athletes and Gaia worshiping hippies don't interfere in my life at all. But if I wanted an abortion in Alabama or Georgia at this very point in history, my style has now been severely cramped. Abortion is about as in personam as it gets. While you're worried about people not loving America sufficiently, I'm worried about the Bible belt denying people the right to manage themselves as they see fit. Pretty fucking intrusive from where I sit.

Maybe this is your exposure and you're just confused?
    But, but the Christian right might do something!!!!!!
    I see that you've chosen to yield. I guess I'll take that one comment back in light of your commitment to personal improvement.

Transgender Athletes man!!
    Yes, I've "yielded" to the fact that you intentionally limit my examples of the Religious Left impacting my life in ways far greater then your inability to get an abortion in Georgia because you're a dishonest hack who isn't as bright as you feel you are.
    I thought we weren't supposed to emote. Are you emoting now?

My rhetoric is no more rhetorical than your rhetoric my pedantic prince.

You would never take selective liberty with my comments for rhetorical purposes eh? Christians might do something! That my example directly conflicts with your picture of quite Christians worshiping in peace and minding their own business is just what it is. Facts, not feelings. Christians did do something, and are hard at work to do more. In personam juristiction. Up close and personal. Some goofy muslim broad in Minnesota doesn't interfere in my life at all.

State mandated counseling. Shocking that you'd support this.
    Yes, yes because only Christians oppose abortion.
    You seriously doubt that those who think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances are overwhelmingly Christian?
    The overwhelming majority of people who think most things in this country are Christians.
    Is it 1950 again already?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The people aren't as dumb as you think they are and you're not a smart as you think you are Coug. It all balances out.

It has been said that good indicators of intelligence are the ability to listen and compromise and to be reasonable; and the humility to know you don't know everything, to ask questions and to admit when you have got it wrong or learned something.

If the person who said that was right, it doesn't bode too well for you; although I have a fighter's chance.
    As I've already told you, I don't need to read your mind in order to know that you think you're much brighter than you really are.
    As I've already responded, yes you do. Otherwise you're just grabbing your dick and whistling in the wind. I could say the very same thing about you, except that it's a stupid charge, so I don't.

Dude, all I need to do is read your overly wordy responses to know you're a guy who loves the sound of his own voice and you think you're smarter than you really are.
    Dude, no, it's not all you need to do. You profess to know how smart I think I am. So you're a mind reader.

All I need to do is watch how you occupy the Tug everyday, lining up baited thread after baited thread, all day every day, and arguing to 20th page and beyond if necessary to get the last word and demonstrate how much more you know than all but a few of your supporting cast and how masterful you are at debating and exposing all these idiot liberals.

That, and your constant need to be right and your apparent incapacity to see your own bias in every angle you take, is all I need to know that you think you're much brighter than you actually are.
    The thing is, I'm not that bright. I'm just smarter than you. You exposed yourself with your "the Christian right might do something!!!!" Don't feel bad, you're smarter than Hondo, El Monte, Owl and Flea. You're just not as bright as you think you are.
    Not a very good response mind reader. How exactly did that "expose" my intelligence? We've been through this. Anti-American muslim women and transgender athletes and Gaia worshiping hippies don't interfere in my life at all. But if I wanted an abortion in Alabama or Georgia at this very point in history, my style has now been severely cramped. Abortion is about as in personam as it gets. While you're worried about people not loving America sufficiently, I'm worried about the Bible belt denying people the right to manage themselves as they see fit. Pretty fucking intrusive from where I sit.

I see that you've chosen to yield. I guess I'll take that one comment back in light of your commitment to personal improvement.

Yes, I've "yielded" to the fact that you intentionally limit my examples of the Religious Left impacting my life in ways far greater then your inability to get an abortion in Georgia because you're a dishonest hack who isn't as bright as you feel you are.

You would never take selective liberty with my comments for rhetorical purposes eh? Christians might do something! That my example directly conflicts with your picture of quite Christians worshiping in peace and minding their own business is just what it is. Facts, not feelings. Christians did do something, and are hard at work to do more. In personam juristiction. Up close and personal. Some goofy muslim broad in Minnesota doesn't interfere in my life at all.

You seriously doubt that those who think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances are overwhelmingly Christian?
    Try to think of another great religion that is tossing gays off of buildings and thinks women are property and see if you can imagine
    Pretty obvious we were talking about the US. You want to try again?
    Same answer

You really think Omar and her gang give a shit about gays or women?

We have plenty of fundie Mulsims here and more show up every day
    Don't know, don't care. To creep's point, there's only one group actually impacting lives here in the US, and it ain't the leftist Muslims. They're shrill and they shout and they may believe any number of ghastly things. But they're also feckless. The religious right aren't.
    Yeah, it's just the religious right that has a negative impact on my life.

California has taken the final step to be the first state in the nation to require solar panels on new homes.

The California Building Standards Commission on Wednesday unanimously upheld a May 9 decision to require solar panels on homes up to three stories. The requirement goes into effect Jan. 1, 2020.
    This must really fuck up your life. Sorry man. That’s rough.
    You can read in the same newspaper about the lack of affordable housing in California and the stupid among us can't seem to make the connection
    You're just a prop
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Solar panels aren’t a donation to anyone.

I’ll bet the fucking nanny state has a building code too!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Solar panels aren’t a donation to anyone.

I’ll bet the fucking nanny state has a building code too!

And the straw man gets it

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Try to think of another great religion that is tossing gays off of buildings and thinks women are property and see if you can imagine
    Which is why I raised that point. There is no question that Islamic fundamentalism would do that and more. But I doubt they are behind what's going on in the SEC.
    I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU
    All caps?

OK!!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Same answer

Don't know, don't care. To creep's point, there's only one group actually impacting lives here in the US, and it ain't the leftist Muslims. They're shrill and they shout and they may believe any number of ghastly things. But they're also feckless. The religious right aren't.

California has taken the final step to be the first state in the nation to require solar panels on new homes.

The California Building Standards Commission on Wednesday unanimously upheld a May 9 decision to require solar panels on homes up to three stories. The requirement goes into effect Jan. 1, 2020.
    I thought it was implied that we were speaking only of religions. And just this once go ahead and spare me the joke about climate change activists being a religion.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Same answer

I thought it was implied that we were speaking only of religions. And just this once go ahead and spare me the joke about climate change activists being a religion.
    No, we were talking about which has more negative impact on your life. The Religious Right or the Religious Left.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019
    The state of Alabama (as well as every other state) should have the right to decide its own trajectory on social issues, not 9 un-elected, black robed individuals in DC.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

The state of Alabama (as well as every other state) should have the right to decide its own trajectory on social issues, not 9 un-elected, black robed individuals in DC. If you live in Alabama and want to get an abortion, I'm sure there are plenty of back alleys, or travel to another state that allows it, like Virginia, a state with a democrat governor that supports killing babies post birth. Otherwise, use a condom, take the pill, or just don't have sex if you don't want babies. Don't like it, you're free to move.

They should up to the point of federal constitutional limits. As in, we decided they? weren't free to enslave people even if they felt like doing it.

If you mean that we should disregard the constitution and the people charged with applying it, and disband the union, then that should be another thread.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733
    edited July 2019
  • Options

The state of Alabama (as well as every other state) should have the right to decide its own trajectory on social issues, not 9 un-elected, black robed individuals in DC. If you live in Alabama and want to get an abortion, I'm sure there are plenty of back alleys, or travel to another state that allows it, like Virginia, a state with a democrat governor that supports killing babies post birth. Otherwise, use a condom, take the pill, or just don't have sex if you don't want babies. Don't like it, you're free to move.

They should up to the point of federal constitutional limits. As in, we decided they? weren't free to enslave people even if they felt like doing it.

If you mean that we should disregard the constitution and the people charged with applying it, and disband the union, then that should be another thread.
    Slavery goes against the Declaration of Independence, 'all men are created equal.' There is no constitutional right to own slaves or have abortions, regardless of what decisions are rendered by black robed activist judges in DC.
  • Options
    The black robes say you do ... for now.

I think you'd find it hard to live with the constitution if there weren't some arbiter around to apply it.

But if you're against the third branch of government, and that supportive of state rights, why not break it all up and let 50 independent states do what they will? They'll be free to engage in commerce with the other states, forge agreements with some and not others, enact regional rules based on regional consensus, etc.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I know where I'd live.
  • Options

I think you'd find it hard to live with the constitution if there weren't some arbiter around to apply it.

But if you're against the third branch of government, and that supportive of state rights, why not break it all up and let 50 independent states do what they will? They'll be free to engage in commerce with the other states, forge agreements with some and not others, enact regional rules based on regional consensus, etc.

The states can have more rights without breaking up the union. How can 50 independent nation states have a common immigration or defense policy? DC is a hot mess that will never be fixed, and there a quite a few states that have nothing at all in common with the others. One size doesn't fit all. The family of states is no longer functioning as a cohesive unit and it's time for a divorce....from DC control.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

@CirrhosisDawg
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.
    If you are whining again about California sanctuary state laws, they have been approved by district and appeal courts (with noted funding repercussions based on administration funding policies). Trumptards need to head to the border and the jails on their own dime if they want to enforce the unenforceable white nationalist immigration laws. You’ll get no help from CA taxpayers or law enforcement. It’s called federalism. It’s all legal.

I support the original principles of the US constitution. If this is not workable, then that’s the subject of another thread as creepy said.
  • Options

The states can have more rights without breaking up the union. How can 50 independent nation states have a common immigration or defense policy? DC is a hot mess that will never be fixed, and there a quite a few states that have nothing at all in common with the others. One size doesn't fit all. The family of states is no longer functioning as a cohesive unit and it's time for a divorce....from DC control.

They won't need a common anything unless they want one. If, say, the states in the SE want to agree to various regional agreements and cost shares, then they can do that. Immigration could be another. Bamers, say, could be very stingy with letting immigrants in for any reason, while California would be free to California. If any state didn't like the regional agreements, they could assert their bargaining power, if they have it, or LEAVE if they don't like it.

Your other comments about the family of states seems to be sympathetic to the idea of break-up.

About the only thing I could see that would suffer is the military. What we're able to do as a collective in that area will always, I assume, dwarf what a state or regional military force can do.

I don't entirely disagree with you. There are regions of the US that have next to nothing in common with other regions of the US. And there are cultural refugees in all of these regions. Break it up and people can flow to the region in which they feel they most belong.

There are worse ideas.
  • Options
    Would need a neutral zone on the borders so states like California aren't free to have their open borders policies affect every other state. That, or make an agreement with Mexico and allow it to annex California. California can then decide if it would prefer to be annexed by Mexico and become part of that country, or remain one of the nation states in the former United States.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Would need a neutral zone on the borders so states like California aren't free to have their open borders policies affect every other state. That, or make an agreement with Mexico and allow it to annex California. California can then decide if it would prefer to be annexed by Mexico and become part of that country, or remain one of the nation states in the former United States.

California is a sovereign state. Surprised you didn’t know that.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    California already has immigration policies in place to make it a Mexican dominated state, where Mexicans are set to become the majority. Allowing Mexico to annex it would only be a natural progression of events. But Mexico will have to pay a heavy price in that event. Call it a 'sale' if you want, where the proceeds of the sale would be divided among the other 49 states. Then California can truly remove the doors to its southern border as it seems hellbent on doing, without worrying about what the rest of us think about it.
  • Options

Seems fair. Individuals seeking to cross state borders would need whatever paper work the state into which you seek entry requires.

There will inevitably be complications, but the current state of affairs is not without its own complications. If we're going to just accept that we're more tribal than we thought we were, smaller regions of people who have a shared fundamental outlook on things might be the way to go.